• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Ah. Right. This is what I meant.
I thought it was scheduled for a steamrelease, wasnt it?

What happened?

Wish I knew. Sven from Capcom said they still had some 'things to do' with the Steam version of the eXceed games, but that was about two months ago, I believe. We haven't heard shit since. I'll just go with 'because Capcom is worthless' as a reason. I mean, why not, right?

Steam is really dying for some quality STGs though. Man.

Awesome video. I just recommended Dark Messiah yesterday.

Oh darn you!--that tooooootally makes me want to play through the game again. Wow!

(◡‿◡✿)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So that I understand this completely...

the games that are under the "Today's Deals" are only available today? the price will go up afterwards?

I'm new to this..dear god..

Dalies are replaced every 24 hours, but the previous entries have a grace period of a couple of hours for those who would have otherwise missed them by a hair. In previous years, the final day of the sale has brought togetether the more popular Dailies, but with the introduction of Flash Sales (which are subject to the same rules as Dalies themselves -- i.e. buy them), we can't be certain if there'll be a Best Of this time around.

Probably been asked but I'm gonna ask again: Just for the record, how bad is Force Unleashed II? Is it really "don't even spend $5 on it" bad? Is Unleashed I worth it at least for $5? I think it's pretty hard to not get $5 worth of enjoyment from a game, and internet hyperbole may be skewing my opinion.

If you like throwing dudes around with the Force, it still totally does that and it's lots of fun.

The story's complete ass and it's really short, but there's some fun to be had.

OTIX

Added Grimrock, Trine 2 and Divine Divinity (you guys convinced me) to the ever growing backlog. Looks like my D3 rmah sales might pay for this whole steam sale, kinda bizarre actually.

Tomodachi

So that I understand this completely...

the games that are under the "Today's Deals" are only available today? the price will go up afterwards?

I'm new to this..dear god..

Yes. They'll still be discounted till the end of the sale, but less. Still 14 hours to expire though, so it's more like a 36 hours long deal, not a daily.
New ones will be available as early as 3 hours 15 minutes from now anyaway, they will overlap with the existing ones for 12 hours.
You'll get the hang of it soon, don't worry :)

EDIT: beaten so badly, I didn't check the new page. LOL.

You are aware that it's a direct sequel to GRAW1 I hope (and the games are substantially different on PC and XBOX I recall). Basically GRAW1&2 are the two parts of an event that takes place in Mexico over the course of a day. So if it were an episode of 24, then GRAW1 would be the first 12 hours and GRAW2 would be the last 12 hours. I think you lose out a bit by only playing GRAW2 SP.

Pff. I don't care about the story. I'm just in the mood a tactical combat game and at 2.50, as long as it's not broken or unplayable, it's probably worth having.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
So who about not waste time on Garshasp even if is a dollar and change?
I only heard bad things about Garshasp.

People are clearly misinterpreting what I'm saying here.

All I'm saying is that in every truly objective measure, Garshasp is a better game than God of War 3.

What you do with that information is your prerogative.

Probably been asked but I'm gonna ask again: Just for the record, how bad is Force Unleashed II? Is it really "don't even spend $5 on it" bad? Is Unleashed I worth it at least for $5? I think it's pretty hard to not get $5 worth of enjoyment from a game, and internet hyperbole may be skewing my opinion.

I think their both worth 5 for a run through. Thats what I bought them for.

Askani

If you like throwing dudes around with the Force, it still totally does that and it's lots of fun.

The story's complete ass and it's really short, but there's some fun to be had.

Sounds good. That was one of the best parts of Advent Rising and I made it through to the end of that game. Something strangely satisfying about launching dudes into deep space with mind powers. Thanks.

I think their both worth 5 for a run through. Thats what I bought them for.

Thanks also.

marrec

Banned
Check out the Let's Play I linked at the top of the page, you'll get a better idea of what the game is. I assure you that you don't need to be a savant to play this game. It's complicated, yes, but mostly due to the impenetrable UI (a staple of Paradox games). What you actually DO in the game isn't that complicated, it's deciding what to do and predicting the outcome that's hard. A lot of the time you will have the game on pause while trying to set a plan in motion, unpause and set the game speed to fastest, wait for things to happen and react to them, pausing now and then to check on stuff. Then with the help of the hilarious random events and the actions of your vassals and family you will begin to construct this incredible narrative in your head.

I love the hell out of EUIII and would play it more if it wasn't so buggy on my computer. I'm assuming that CKII isn't near as buggy from the aggregated review score, but have you noticed any game crashing bugs similar to those in EUIII?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Loving these community and flash sales. Makes it so it's an all around the clock thing and the good part is that they last long enough so even if I'm going to bed or get up early in the morning, I won't miss any really.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Went ahead and grabbed darksiders, mainly because people keep lauding it.

Think I'm about at $12 spent (Terreria, BTTF, Darksiders). Think I'll get the Bethesda pack, but I'm going to wait & see on DDs.

GRAW2, wtf...

I wanted Stronghold 3 :(

Never had heard of Stronghold 3, but I voted for it. Already played GR2 and I can't remember the 3rd option.

HoosTrax

Pff. I don't care about the story. I'm just in the mood a tactical combat game and at 2.50, as long as it's not broken or unplayable, it's probably worth having.
Well in any case, as someone who like FPSs that reward methodical, tactical advances versus run-and-gun bunny hopping everywhere, I enjoyed the game. The AI squadmates are noticeably improved in GRAW2.

1-D_FTW

Anyone know what percentage Trine 2 won by? Was it a rout?

I keep buying more crap.

So far:

Cargo: Quest for Gravity - 2.50 (looks spectacular in 3D)
Hard Rest - 3.75
Trine 2 - 3.75
Big Bang Racing - 3.39
Race 07 - 2.99
Race 07 Retro Expansion - 2.49
PixelJunk Eden - 2.00

7 games for 20 dollars:)

sazzy

The first hit is always the best. Each one after that is progressively worse.

You guys should mentally prepare yourselves for what seem to be worse sales from now to the end.

Askani

$2.50? That's a soda. Tempting. I like action. I kinda like RPG. I like Zelda. Must...Resist....Soda....But I'm thirsty.

Hell, Trine 2 looks great. WTF. This is madness. Insanity. Why do they keep offering these things? WTF is wrong with sale. It's so stupid....but....

It's pretty broken. I remember having lots of problems and glitches with weapon and spell switching and "stuck" items in my inventory. But it did have some nifty features. For $2.50 you should be safe. Also, you get to kick dudes off of high ledges. See my Advent Rising post above for further reference. lol

sazzy

$2.50? That's a soda. Tempting. I like action. I kinda like RPG. I like Zelda. Must...Resist....Soda....But I'm thirsty.

Hell, Trine 2 looks great. WTF. This is madness. Insanity. Why do they keep offering these things? WTF is wrong with sale. It's so stupid....but....

Think of it this way:

Would you buy a can of soda only to look at it? :)

VandalD

Dark Messiah has its issues, but it's a ton of fun, and a steal at $2.50.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Think of it this way:

I would if it had my name printed on it, but I could never find one, even though Coke was running such a promotion. I did get a custom can with "Mate" printed on it, though. ;)

MajorPain

I know I will end up picking up a megaton of games that I will have no time to play.

So far I have only bought Trine 2 for myself and gifted it to a friend 3.75x2. I have never heard of the game but it looks pretty fun and for 3.75 who am I to argue.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map

Holy shit. (/UT voice.) You actually beat someone to an answer.
ibhnZtTLdYcypo.gif

A mod should, like, put this in the thread title or something. I'm so proud of you right now, Jase.

So I just put Crusaders II on my cart. Now we play the waiting game of jumping over the fence or not.
15 hours to go it says (thought it was going in 2 hours)
We are not getting so many new daylies as past steam sales no? I mean without counting the flash and vote sales.
Its very strange to get new dailies at 8am in the morning in europe instead of 6.7 like past stean sales.

Lonestar

Does the PC version of The Walking Dead suffer from the same pauses the 360 does now and again?

Only hiccups I've seen so far, are when a character slightly changes position, like an animation was cut out (goes from slightly crouched to standing up). Little things, but that's what I've seen.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Welp, I claimed my first victim.

Legend of Grimrock.

And it's awesome. For 6$ it's well worth that price.

Lonestar

Guess we're about to get a bunch of store changes.

Any hope that the main daily deals change soon too?

andthebeatgoeson

Dark Messiah has its issues, but it's a ton of fun, and a steal at $2.50.

Think of it this way:

It's pretty broken. I remember having lots of problems and glitches with weapon and spell switching and "stuck" items in my inventory. But it did have some nifty features. For $2.50 you should be safe. Also, you get to kick dudes off of high ledges. See my Advent Rising post above for further reference. lol

Alright, ty guys. I'll wait. Got Trine 2, tho. No wonder people slam NSMB. Damn, that looks good.

OniShiro

Banned
Only got PixelEden Junk so far, not a daily, but I doubt it will be cheaper than 1.4€

Will resist the urge to buy Trine 2 and Portal 2, hopefully they wil be 2.5€ in the christmas sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom