• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
But is 9 euros :(
It sounds so good but I have the fear that the game gets boring for me in little time, although the text you wrtoe is there up my alley, its what I wanted from Total War games, the little stories that can change your history. Are this random totally random with a very high number of this types of events, or its still very Total War?

I'm having the same apprehension. I have these on my wishlist with €34 in total (I can go slightly over this but I don't want to add too much, another ten at the very most):
Football Manager 2012 (will only buy at €10 or less so I probably won't be getting it this sale)
The Binding of Isaac - €2.50 now, how far will it go with the DLC?
Bastion - May drop to €5, maybe more?
Just Cause 2 - Will drop to €5, maybe more?
Arma 2 (the complete pack) - €? (if it's not €5, I won't buy it)
The Sims 3 - Probably won't drop further
Shogun 2 (but it's too expensive for me at the sale price) - Not buying, too expensive
Civ 4 (the complete pack) - May drop to €5

Does anybody know if this would be worth getting over Civ 4 (so I can still afford others) or have any predictions on what things listed there may drop to so I can properly plan to get Crusade? If I'll have any money left over (according to what I've planned out) I'll give away any cheap (€2.50) games if I can. And, in addition, have any further opinions on Crusader Kings (I know there's probably more further back in the thread but every update there's three new pages) that may help sway me towards it over Arma 2 or Civ 4?

KingKong

I'm totally with you on this too. Reading his post and I was like "COOL!", but then I watched this video and now I'm on the fence again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5zXnDtdsy0

It looks very complicated, but I think I might be up for that challenge. Maybe...

Anyone else on the fence for Crusaders Kings II?

PS - Watch this------> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W846ZfnZu5U

same, it sounds awesome but I just know it will be like Civ 4 where I play it for an hour and never touch it again

I think what I want to do is wait for the new deals and see how many I get. I haven't gotten anything on day 1 so if day 2 is barren, I'll go for CK2

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Decided to bite on Trine 2 and Portal 2 before their offers expired. That's it, no mas. I still haven't burned through the Humble Bundle. There's A LOT of tempting things but I ain't trying to build a 30+ game backlog.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
at best I can describe is a mixture of run and gun objective based fps trying to implement a team-orientated play style that falls between TF2 & Battlefield games.
Hmmmm, it's sounding interesting. Maybe buy if under 5 then and assuming it wins. I know I like GRAW2 and have been waiting on a hot deal so either or, it looks like I will buy.

Work, bro. No access.
My condolences my young Knickerbocker!

Annnnnnnnnnnd I'm officially out of the wallet ghetto of 35USD. I am now in the mile high club of 55 after adding 20 just now. That should be my budget for the sale as my checks don't line up right. I don't want to spend it all either but if I do, I would have spent 70 on this sale so not too shabby. I don't anticipate that though as I am trying to pace myself after adding funds.

LiquidMetal14

Decided to bite on Trine 2 and Portal 2 before their offers expired. That's it, no mas. I still haven't burned through the Humble Bundle. There's A LOT of tempting things but I ain't trying to build a 30+ game backlog.

0-90 game backlog or bust
my rapscallion fiend!

WILL YOU LIVE A LITTLE!

LiquidMetal14

Grabbed Trine 2 with 40 minutes to spare. These flash deals are going to be killer.

I thought that was a community deal?

And the scary part is the choices so far have been awesome. If I didn't have Trine 2 or SR3, I would have bought those in a heartbeat. Now I'm prepared to buy GRAW2 and need even more convincing to buy Brink but each is under 5, I will toss a coin up to decide!

Ledsen

I'm totally with you on this too. Reading his post and I was like "COOL!", but then I watched this video and now I'm on the fence again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5zXnDtdsy0

It looks very complicated, but I think I might be up for that challenge. Maybe...

Anyone else on the fence for Crusaders Kings II?

PS - Watch this------> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W846ZfnZu5U

I think Wolf 2009 is a case of ambiguous rights; Bethesda bought iD (who originally did Wolfenstein and maybe own the IP maybe?), but Activision published Wolf 2009 and Raven developed it. I suspect whenever Activision's rights lapse or Bethesda buys out Activision, the game will re-appear.

$10 is more than I pay for games, I suck at Paradox games, and I'm just getting into EUIII, but CK2 conceptually sounds VERY cool. So yeah, I'm conflicted.

Yep, I'm on the fence too, the game looks pretty dense but with very cool ideas, though I don't know when it will get cheaper than $9.99 and if I will be able to play some of it by then.
I can wait if the deals overlap to see if I'm interested in today's deals, but it isn't confirmed yet.

I'm having the same apprehension. I have these on my wishlist with €34 in total (I can go slightly over this but I don't want to add too much, another ten at the very most):
Football Manager 2012 (will only buy at €10 or less so I probably won't be getting it this sale)
The Binding of Isaac - €2.50 now, how far will it go with the DLC?
Bastion - May drop to €5, maybe more?
Just Cause 2 - Will drop to €5, maybe more?
Arma 2 (the complete pack) - €? (if it's not €5, I won't buy it)
The Sims 3 - Probably won't drop further
Shogun 2 (but it's too expensive for me at the sale price) - Not buying, too expensive
Civ 4 (the complete pack) - May drop to €5

Does anybody know if this would be worth getting over Civ 4 (so I can still afford others) or have any predictions on what things listed there may drop to so I can properly plan to get Crusade? If I'll have any money left over (according to what I've planned out) I'll give away any cheap (€2.50) games if I can. And, in addition, have any further opinions on Crusader Kings (I know there's probably more further back in the thread but every update there's three new pages) that may help sway me towards it over Arma 2 or Civ 4?

Check out the Let's Play I linked at the top of the page, you'll get a better idea of what the game is. I assure you that you don't need to be a savant to play this game. It's complicated, yes, but mostly due to the impenetrable UI (a staple of Paradox games). What you actually DO in the game isn't that complicated, it's deciding what to do and predicting the outcome that's hard. A lot of the time you will have the game on pause while trying to set a plan in motion, unpause and set the game speed to fastest, wait for things to happen and react to them, pausing now and then to check on stuff. Then with the help of the hilarious random events and the actions of your vassals and family you will begin to construct this incredible narrative in your head.

Just get BTS. Save $10. (Assuming there's no daily deal for Civ IV.)

Sorry, I'm not really good with abbreviations. By BTS I presume you mean Beyond the Sword? If so I would but it requires Civ 4 (the base game) to play it so both of them (without a further discount) would be €15 (at the current price) while the complete edition is €12.49 (and Crusader Kings 2 is currently €10). I'm hoping that the complete edition will drop to €5 in a Daily Deal and as such I'm curious if it would be worth getting Crusader Kings 2 now (for €5 more than I would be willing to pay for Civilization 4) or holding back and getting Civilization 4 (if it goes on sale as a Daily Deal).

I hope I didn't make that too confusing and badly phrased.

Guess I was way too late in response as Peff has already clarified this.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Anyone knows any japanese "Indie"-Games like Ys or Recettear/Fortune Summoner/Chantelise?
Only if you like shooting games.

There's the Gundemonium Collection and Satazius. I think that's it. The eXceed Collection is waiting on Capcom but those games look like shit, so.

The La-Mulana remake should be coming at some point (if it gets rejected I'll kick Gabe's ass) but for now it's only available on Playism.

Weenerz

Banned
Currently stuck at work, and unable to see the website. What are the current flash sales and their prices? And when do they expire?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom