• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the point of all this competition stuff anyway? Seems dumb IMO.

*is on Team Red*

On-topic: How low do you guys think Metal Gear Rising is gonna get. It's the only "big" game I'm planning on getting this sale.

Tenrius

Dat putin discount made it too hard to pass up.
k5gLQ2V.png

Isn't it region locked?

And another one:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Inquisitor Deluxe Edition -- MB-FAB5B9E1D3832112 - Taken by wilflare. 10 entrants total.

t1403235750z1.png

I don't think it goes on their Free page until tomorrow, and it's for 48 hours (which is still cool). But I think from reading their description, it doesn't expire? You have to get it while its free, but once you do, your 48 hours doesn't begin until you launch it for the first time? Which is perfect for me, I've been wanting to try it but I'm away this weekend ;)

It's also on for $30 for the PC version right now as well... though how is the PC community? The game relies so much on multiplier even for campaign, is it feasible on PC? (I've heard some bad experiences...)

Man all this Divinity Original Sin talks got my really interested in checking it out, I hadn't heard much about it before hand until all of you guys started to talking about it.

EDIT: And thanks kevin1025 for Defy Gravity!

DarkFlow

Banned
I don't think it goes on their Free page until tomorrow, and it's for 48 hours (which is still cool). But I think from reading their description, it doesn't expire? You have to get it while its free, but once you do, your 48 hours doesn't begin until you launch it for the first time? Which is perfect for me, I've been wanting to try it but I'm away this weekend ;)

It's also on for $30 for the PC version right now as well... though how is the PC community? The game relies so much on multiplier even for campaign, is it feasible on PC? (I've heard some bad experiences...)

Stay far away from this game. The matchmaking is shit, and they even took away modes from it's already lacking list.

Avinexus

Purple team averaging far more points every 10 minutes than any other team. I hope this doesn't come down to one team winning every day.

Turfster

Purple team averaging far more points every 10 minutes than any other team. I hope this doesn't come down to one team winning every day.

If Valve are smart, they let every team win in turn, while keeping everyone in the delusion that all the money they pump into cards and modifiers actually matters.

rtcn63

To make up for the salacious boob thing

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kirosia:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dead Island Epidemic -- MB-9C139BF40E6E72AD - Taken by MikeDip. 9 entrants total.

t1403236051z1.png

If it doesn't work for whatever reason, PM me.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I wish they could use 0.00000001 of it on customer support people and to hire jshackles.

I'd be okay with this :)

As a side note - thanks everyone for your patience today while our servers have gone through hell and back. We have a few more boxes coming online now and it should help even things out
until tomorrow when the dailies change

Turfster

can we use math to transform points in $? 5 Teams are all around 250k, so 1.25million points are made.

So how much $ spent in average is one point? I am not that into cards so i have no idea.

The cheapest single point is about 60-70 cents, of which 5% goes to Valve.
A summer badge is about 5$
Summer foil badge is 40$

What's the point of all this competition stuff anyway? Seems dumb IMO.

*is on Team Red*

On-topic: How low do you guys think Metal Gear Rising is gonna get. It's the only "big" game I'm planning on getting this sale.

I guess red team has more cynics than other teams so that's why we're losing.

If there's any red member has free time to start a TeamRed-Gaf group for trading purposes, I'll be joining after work.

Vibranium

Banned
I'd be okay with this :)

As a side note - thanks everyone for your patience today while our servers have gone through hell and back. We have a few more boxes coming online now and it should help even things out
until tomorrow when the dailies change

Cool, man! Thank you for everything!

Scythian

Just got home from school D: Seeing all these things hours late is always kinda overwhelming, team read btw ._.
I'm tempted on Don't Starve, but thinking I should wait until next sale or something, when it's bundled with Reign of Giants for cheaper or something.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Go team Pink!

I just bought XCOM Declassified. It looked interesting when it first came out and at $4 it was a no brainer for me.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
you didnt read the OP did you

I did! I just didn't agree with the part that was struck through. It's pretty much fact at this point.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
My birthday is in a few days. Maybe I will treat myself to Original Sin after all. Ahh.. Damn you steam sales

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom