• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

syko de4d

The cheapest single point is about 60-70 cents, of which 5% goes to Valve.
A summer badge is about 5$
Summer foil badge is 40$

But the cards get generated when people buy games, or? One Badge is 10 cards and generate 10 points for your team. So the 1.25million points should be around 1.25million cards. Right now there cant be cards generated with Votes, because there were only two votes till now. The only other way to generate new cards beside spending money is to create a badge. But badges cant be responsible for more than around 10% of the cards and there should be alot of generated cards that are not transformed in points right now (maybe even the most cards are at that state). 1 Card = $10, 1.25million cards = $12.5 million and maybe way more because of the unused cards.

But maybe i overlook something in this system :D

Ok, I really want to get into Witcher. Is getting Witcher 2 going to bring me up to speed for Witcher 3?

As much as I enjoyed the story in the original Witcher, I think you could easily play through Witcher 2 and be up to speed for Witcher 3. If you are able though, I'd play both!

Wow surprised I ended up buying a game during the sale, haven't picked anything up in it for the past two years(I got Naruto). Does anyone know if Amazon is starting their summer sale anytime soon? they normally have it around the same time as Steam does if I recall correctly, they tend to have the better offers lately. But I do admit that while not much has interested me in the first day, the deals have improved over last years thats for sure.

Seanspeed

Banned
Ok, I really want to get into Witcher. Is getting Witcher 2 going to bring me up to speed for Witcher 3?
First one has a lot of important story setup stuff.

You can just read about it somewhere, I'm sure.

Or obviously play the two games! First one is one sale super cheap as well.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
The teams are assigned at random

One can buy or unlock via crafting, an item that will change teams however. Which some are doing by looks of it on Steam Forums.

IS there a way to know which games i havent collected cards from?

Simply go to your Badges page and those that still have cards to drop will indicate so. At least they do with Enhanced Steam installed.

oipic

Meanwhile there is much laughter and frivolity at Valve HQ as they arbitrarily raise and lower the scores for each team, and much rejoicing ensues as they watch the market respond accordingly.

Valve are remarkably good puppet masters with an acute understanding of the market and their customers. Well played.

We're 100% legit you guys just don't know how to win. <3

I wouldn't be surprised if your team has the user who crafts dozens of badges each year (and spend a good $1-2 k on both standard and foil seasonal badges). Saw the same thing happen in the winter sale, although the user did only did it at the very end when prices tanked.

I have a friend in South Africa who wanst to play the free weekend of of TitanFall but the game doesn't show in his store. How can he do that?

Turfster

I wouldn't be surprised if your team has the user who crafts dozens of badges each year (and spend a good $1-2 k on both standard and foil seasonal badges). Saw the same thing happen in the winter sale, although the user did only did it at the very end when prices tanked.

Isn't palmdesert green?
Yep, he's green.

This sums up my day ...
cCRjLPw.png

CrVCfbT.png

I Hope #TeamPink is proud of me : )
Thank you!

Went through all the purchases on the activity feed, does anyone have issues with rating up certain people constantly? It always seems to fail on certain people for me, well known steamGAF'ers like Fantomena and Knurek especially.

It wouldn't hurt, but the devs have said they intend for Witcher 3 to make a great starting point for people completely new to the series, so you should be okay jumping straight into it.

You should still play them however because they're great games. :)
That's all I needed to hear. Buying them now, thanks.

I got into badges and stuff the last few sales but I'm thinking I should steer clear this time lol, don't want to start spending actual money on the marketplace when trades don't cover everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom