• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I can't tell if I failed ModBot or ModBot failed me, but could someone who wants Defy Gravity Extended try it out? Standard PM ModBot the code below.

Defy Gravity Extended -- MB-0F5905D11FA06FF6

bigace33

Man, cards are nearly doubling in price across the board. I just sold a Injustice card for .08 cents this morning, and now they are going for .15 and .16 cents a whop.

Turfster

something tells me not to use that but HRMMM

Just don't use it, boast about the hundreds of euros of money you make and then say that you never used it, before flipflopping a few times, and you'll be fine. (for given values of fine. It's still the fucking reason we can't have fun metagames anymore and are stuck with this wallet shakedown bullshit)

Man I really want to get something but I'm not sure what. I want the witcher but I'm not sure if I'll like it. Is it like skyrim? What are some similar games so I can get an idea?

Titanfall free on Origin right now

https://www.origin.com/en-us/news/play-titanfall-free-game-time

FgSZFST.png

48 hours of actual playtime or 48 hours whether you play or not?

wilflare

Just don't use it, boast about the hundreds of euros of money you make and then say that you never used it, before flipflopping a few times, and you'll be fine. (for given values of fine. It's still the fucking reason we can't have fun metagames anymore and are stuck with this wallet shakedown bullshit)

guess not then :D
and woah the summer cards are sold quick :O

waby

Man I really want to get something but I'm not sure what. I want the witcher but I'm not sure if I'll like it. Is it like skyrim? What are some similar games so I can get an idea?

witcher 1 have some weird combat system but deym card collecting. Witcher 2 is like Mass Effect-ish but awesome combat system.

Go for the intimate scenes god dammit

kevin1025

Banned
Some more stuff.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dead Island Epidemic #2 -- MB-D169BBB8C64AF5A6 - Taken by iosefe. 2 entrants total.
Dead Island Epidemic -- MB-3A2CA2713DB2AE0F - Taken by Fracas. 5 entrants total.

t1403236699z1.png

Zeliard

Do I need to play The Witcher 1-2 if I plan on buying 3?

It wouldn't hurt, but the devs have said they intend for Witcher 3 to make a great starting point for people completely new to the series, so you should be okay jumping straight into it.

You should still play them however because they're great games. :)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm pretty sure I saw at some point a list of users with the amount of games they owned, and you could see JaseC was in the top 10 or whatever; I remember it was a recurring topic to wonder whether he'd be able to go up or keep his place, or if other users would eventually go past him

I was 16 or so before the list was pulled, ahead of xel but behind text, who occasionally pipped ahead of adJ for the #1 spot. Not that I care about where I rank on a list (a list that's no longer publicly available at that), but I'm not in a position to continually buy game after game after game to maintain a trajectory, and assuming everyone else keeps at it I've probably missed the boat on too much stuff to crack the Top 5 even if I had the money to buy everything I don't already own that's currently on sale -- it hasn't even been two years since I caught the collecting bug and last year's Summer Sale was the first (and thus far only) time I had a big chunk of change to splash.

Amzin

I don't think red can ever win unless everyone is just saving badges to craft later (really doubtful)

RIP red team :(

That's the plan. (2 more pages of this)

Today we forfeit. Tomorrow we strike.

That's my plan, as well. I'm guessing the non-purple teams have now hit a similar realization, but they burned way (way way) more resources than Red did today, so I'm hoping we can wreck face soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom