• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wunder

Was wondering the same thing.

Played through a little bit just now, having played Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 1, I have to say it's a bit underwhelming so far. That being said, if you haven't ever played a Naruto fighting game, it's pretty damn fun. You get to replay the fights from the anime/manga and it's pretty satisfying. I felt the single player to be better in the first one but it hasn't really opened up yet so it may still improve.

If you're thinking of picking it up just for specific fights, I would look up to see whether or not it will be in the game, It picks up at around the Five Kage Summit and I think will probably go as far as the Itachi + Sasuke vs Kabuto fight, but not further than that.

jmizzal

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Defy Gravity Extended -- MB-D01D70442AFD5939 - Taken by The Dear Leader. 3 entrants total.
Defy Gravity Extended #2 -- MB-01FF33FB3C823AE7 - Taken by maneil99. 4 entrants total.
Defy Gravity Extended #3 -- MB-AE860D238B5AC469 - Taken by jmizzal. 6 entrants total.

t1403234902z1.png

thanks

Went through all the purchases on the activity feed, does anyone have issues with rating up certain people constantly? It always seems to fail on certain people for me, well known steamGAF'ers like Fantomena and Knurek especially.

Yeah it always fail when I try to rate up Knurek activity.

Playing Civ V with 4 teams of 3 on an Oval map. Need 9 No DLC other than Mongolia. Anybody want to join? Hit me up @ VisceralBowl on steam.

Need me a Civ V sale for the DLC!

Speevy

Banned
I really like Divinity: Original Sin. Thanks again vilmer. The game is surprisingly accessible for a former console gamer like me.

I was kinda hoping Stick of Truth would drop to base $40 by now. Is this one of those entitled gamer moments?

Having beaten it, personally I don't think it ever deserved a 60 dollar price point. The gameplay to me wasn't challenging or satisfying enough. Only redeeming quality was being south park.

edit:
I recommend the game though. It had me playing the whole time, despite its shortcomings.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 23 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=840701.
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Legend of Dungeon #2 -- MB-7A6B61EA20A0565E - Taken by Consequence. 5 entrants total.
Mechanic Escape #2 -- MB-29BE7CE680FE6256
Spate -- MB-35AE27051FCB310D - Taken by BurnMuhBread. 3 entrants total.
Journey of a Roach #2 -- MB-64501908F6AD7B9A
Fly'n #2 -- MB-E1871BCA6EB68B95 - Taken by Avinexus. 4 entrants total.
Alpha Kimori 1 #2 -- MB-10F84AA5E91E5654 - Taken by InfiniteNine. 3 entrants total.
The Longest Journey -- MB-ECB52FA0DA1034A8 - Taken by 73V3N. 9 entrants total.
Alpha Kimori 1 -- MB-4C8A82AD3D3AB1EB - Taken by someguyinahat. 2 entrants total.
Journey of a Roach -- MB-3CC0FE402BCEAA1F - Taken by 8 X 11 Printer Paper. 2 entrants total.
Mechanic Escape -- MB-03CAE77F10A0D99F - Taken by Benedict. 2 entrants total.
Antisquad #2 -- MB-8C5E57835704A776 - Taken by Miniboss. 1 entrants total.
Death to Spies : Gold -- MB-A72CC9E3E5DA15C0 - Taken by The Lone Courier. 2 entrants total.
Miasmata -- MB-33C313C24D13D734 - Taken by -MD-. 6 entrants total.
Nekro -- MB-4D986099230763F0 - Taken by MBison. 6 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Alcarys Complex (Desura) #2 -- MB-BFDA4712E4ABA0EE
Miasmata #2 -- MB-17BBAC22D78FE53A - Taken by alr1ght. 6 entrants total.
Fly'n -- MB-C17C611D7F4B0697 - Taken by Sofa King. 2 entrants total.
Antisquad -- MB-119A11627E2127C2 - Taken by Tellaerin. 1 entrants total.
Legend of Dungeon -- MB-91541D9269794BD6 - Taken by Caerith. 5 entrants total.
Nekro #2 -- MB-E6C103F3DCE7501B - Taken by Cornballer. 5 entrants total.
The Longest Journey #2 -- MB-8EBC765BD702B428 - Taken by Cydonian__Knight. 5 entrants total.
Spate #2 -- MB-03891CF75E49A85C - Taken by NotSelf. 3 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Alcarys Complex (Desura) -- MB-9A47E2BE38DE96BC

t1403238300z1.png

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Aerena - Clash of Champions -- MB-D9CBBAF512F4FFCB - Taken by SeZMehK. 4 entrants total.
The Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings -- MB-9728360CE772234F - Taken by xninjav. 16 entrants total.

t1403238249z1.png

I am a dirty poor so this is all I can offer, Witcher 2 is a great game!

Edit: Doh, forgot to add free for all. Meant Aerena just to be a +1 for someone :p

I almost bit on Origins during the Humble Bundle sale a few weeks ago. Only thing stopping me is the fact that I know as soon as I do a Ultimate or GOTY version will get announced.

An Origins GOTY will never be announced.

And I have never been stoned enough for Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures. It's like an early 1990s version of "Extreme Attitude" Pac-Kid. It's... it's so bad.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
All this talk of Marlow Briggs - gonna have to move it up to the top of my backlog.

Brites

Neo Member
I read that having multiple games openned reduce cards drop rate. Is it reduced enough to not be worth having multiple games at once?

Corsick

How good are Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion and Xcom: Enemy Within? I loved Xcom: Enemy Unknown but am worried EW doesn't really add enough to be worth picking up. As for Sins, I liked Gal Civ 2 a lot. It seems similar enough and well liked, but I don't know much about it.

Brites

Neo Member
How good are Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion and Xcom: Enemy Within? I loved Xcom: Enemy Unknown but am worried EW doesn't really add enough to be worth picking up. As for Sins, I liked Gal Civ 2 a lot. It seems similar enough and well liked, but I don't know much about it.

Enemy within is totally worth it

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Marlow Briggs is fucking legit, not even ironically

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Ugh...should I get Borderlands 2 now, or wait in hope of a bigger flash/community discount?

Unless you really want to play a game as soon as possible, it is in your own best interest to hold on for any purchases until they get a Flash/Daily/Community or the last day of the sale when we know they won't get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom