• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eusis

Buy it, no need to refer to the flow chart.
Yeah, as humorous as the flow chart is it's really very simple: if it's in a daily/flash/community sale it's 99% likely to be fine, and the 1% accounts for glitches and other such oddness. If it's not one of those and it's not the last day (or a clear glitch) you should wait at least until the last day and all chance of a deeper sale is gone.

Actually, that's the core of it: once the deeper sale hits, that's when you bite. You don't unless the chance for the deeper sale is gone.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Ugh...should I get Borderlands 2 now, or wait in hope of a bigger flash/community discount?
:facepalm:

So, I stopped watching around the time Shippuden picked up the bad habit of DBZ where power levels kept on increasing to ludicrous levels. Has it gotten better?
lol no, in the manga it's even worse now.

Salsa

Noticed R.I.P.D. is $1.99, will probably get removed from Steam at some point and you can probably get most of that back through cards. Apparently, it's absolutely terrible though!

this might be the game I go all JaseC over

didnt it already got pulled once

denx

I am going to sell. Card #10 is going for $0.49 right now. The prices will drop once the sale is over. Last year's summer cards are under $0.10 a piece.

Yes.

Not happening. 2014 Summer cards will disappear from everyone's inventory once the sale is over.

Prices will drop towards the middle of the sale though, so that should be the time to buy them back.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
gaarougielj3k.gif

tumblr_n3dkreaZ6T1tt9z1go1_500.gif

cant hate on those graphics
even if its 30fps

woot! unclaimed inventory gifts, like unclaimed modbot keys, are the bane of my existance. I seriously think I have OCD

I have OCD tendencies, for certain. And this is one of the things that drives me fucking bonkers.

I gave away a few games during the javadot era. Does modbot still remember those giveaways? It's been a full year since I've been back.

You'd have to clear it with stump. Enter if you like, the worst that will happen is you won't win cause modbot will DQ you. :)

I wasn't going to enter, but these gifs changed my mind.

Hahaha, Naruto is full of really cool animation and ninjitsu/powers. :)

So, I stopped watching around the time Shippuden picked up the bad habit of DBZ where power levels kept on increasing to ludicrous levels. Has it gotten better?

I don't know. I watched through one of the MAJOR fights via Hulu and then there was filler... and it was such a crash going from that ridiculous fight that had me amped to some filler set of stories that was several episodes long. I've recently started watching Shippuden again from the beginning now that AS/Toonami has been airing the dubs.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Noticed R.I.P.D. is $1.99, will probably get removed from Steam at some point and you can probably get most of that back through cards. Apparently, it's absolutely terrible though!

It is one of worst games one could possibly ever buy on Steam yes. As much as I try to look for good in all things, it is just absolute rubbish and even for money back in cards, it should not be supported at all.

Zeliard

I'd like to remember when I stopped watching Naruto but it was like a decade ago. Something like episode 98?

Some of the fights were quite fun, though. Sand guy - Gaara? - smacking fools was good times.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
lol no, in the manga it's even worse now.
It's pretty much DBZ now and i ain't even mad.

lol.

this might be the game I go all JaseC over

didnt it already got pulled once

The game is okay. It's lacking a proper single player campaign though.

I'd like to remember when I stopped watching Naruto but it was like a decade ago. Something like episode 98?

Some of the fights were quite fun, though. Sand guy - Gaara? - smacking fools was good times.

That was when the show was a pretty decent DragonBall. Shippuden is where I stopped and where it apparently became DragonBall Z.

Volimar

Don't Starve is fun. Ran out of space really fast. I was doing well till a tentacle came out of the ground and clobbered me.

Hahaha, Naruto is full of really cool animation and ninjitsu/powers. :)

I watched the show way back when. Stopped around the time that
Naruto was sent after Sasuke, and they had that big battle...by a waterfall er something...I think...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Nosgoth Closed Beta 1 -- MB-D55E4A9FEBEB3CA7
Nosgoth CB 3 -- MB-92DB5729CE8D7785
Nosgoth CB 2 -- MB-EA4816B80C321C3C

t1403250499z1.png

If you win, you must go to http://www.nosgoth.com/. Create an account with Square Enix. Then I believe you link your account with Steam. Somewhere you enter your code! Sorry, the email instructions are vague! PM me if you are completely stumped.

This is an asymmetric third person shooter based on the legacy of kain/soul reaver franchises. Multiplayer online only. You either play a human vamprie hunter or a bad ass powerful vampire in a 4v4 fight (then switch sides). Very interesting game. You can buy into early access on steam at 50% off (and receive a lot of extras including friend invites) if you don't win the code from this. But at release it will be a free 2 play (very fair f2p monetization, not pay2win. I already have every class unlocked and I don't play often).

Also, just to clarify, this is a steam game. Just need to follow the email instructions.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Eh, even if it doesn't sell: Whatever. I'm not going out of my way for the badge this sale since 1) the community aspect is pretty bad [sorry to those that like it, just my opinion] and 2) the rewards aren't worth breaking my back over. TF2 item is meh. PoE is meh. Rest is no1currs.

So I either make some money/cents back on the cards or I don't. Whatever.

(I do hope I make some back so I can get the last few remaining Summer Sale '13 cards I need to craft that badge. Really, the time limited cards while driving economy prices up for a short bit is a bit stupid in "getting the badges")

Just picked up Divinity: Original Sin. Is the release still set for tomorrow, June 30? If so, if I start the game now, will I have to start over once it officially comes out?

Edit: it's june 30, per the game.

I watched the show way back when. Stopped around the time that
Naruto was sent after Sasuke, and they had that big battle...by a waterfall er something...I think...

That was pretty much the end of the major arcs of Naruto and Shippuden picks up 3 years later. There's a little more, I'll put it in the spoilers here:
Naruto ends up going back and being told to train under Jiraya -- there's a couple arcs where he's learning new powers/moves and such, but then there is a metric ton of filler... until it skips 3 years and Shippuden starts.

LuuKyK

I stopped watching Naruto on episode 100 something IIRC. It was when he was traveling with that long-haired dude (that was a perv or something). Still the only thing I really liked were those episodes from the very first season when they fight through those three tasks. It peaked there for me. Later on those filler episodes bored me to death so I gave up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom