• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know. I watched through one of the MAJOR fights via Hulu and then there was filler... and it was such a crash going from that ridiculous fight that had me amped to some filler set of stories that was several episodes long. I've recently started watching Shippuden again from the beginning now that AS/Toonami has been airing the dubs.

This is a perfect description of DBZ.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Oh the Steam Summer Sale? You mean my giveaways will be cheaper? Could be interesting:)

Eusis

post-41349-jonah-hill-oscars-cut-it-out-g-w5Tc.gif
Naturally Star Trek weeds its way in somehow.

One's on Source and the other's on GoldSrc.

Which means they're both on Source, technically. But: GoldSrc/Gold Source is more "Quake 1 Engine" than Source/offshoot/Valve completely. That's because the OG Half-Life/GoldSrc is a Quake 1 engine offshoot/license.

Thanks for trying to answer, but I don't quite get it... different engine, it sounds like.

I'm just trying to figure out why I would ever need this, other than OCD:

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/38/

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Thanks for trying to answer, but I don't quite get it... different engine, it sounds like.

I'm just trying to figure out why I would ever need this, other than OCD:

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/38/

Yes, different engine. HL: Source is basically remaking/redoing the entire game in regards to textures/sounds/etc. on the Source Engine instead of the licensed Q1 engine Valve used for the OG HL.

The only reason to get Source is if you want pretty graphics. If not, go with the original for the Anthology bonuses of GoldSrc.

LuuKyK

Sounds like SOMEONE'S upset that Senpai didn't notice his new ribbon.

I feel like there is a reference in this post that I am missing. This is killing me.

nothing would give me more joy than if we one day found out that JaseC is in fact Seahorse Roman.

Of course that would mean she was the most self centered actress ever, but still!

Seahorse Roman. lmao I think thats the worst mispron...

Scorusese Romuranu

No, wait this is the worst. lol

mfaex

I'm not hip enough to talk with animegaf (or mangagaf or whatever). I only read stuff that's relatively old now.

Could be worse though. I could make more red jokes.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Saoirse Ronan...

Ronan...Roman....

Roman Reigns?

Reigns-spears-Ambrose.gif

This is now a wrestle-gaf thread :3

OmegaDL50

I generally don't watch much Anime outside a select few series.

I mean stuff like Berserk, Trigun, and the Ninja Scroll movie was what got me into the genre because of the deaths and violence, it certainly wasn't the sort of shit you'd see in your Saturday Morning cartoons.

Then I had a stint with Ranma 1/2 for a few years until the awful cliffhanger ending, and finding out the Comic goes further then the TV series did. (Which was also equally disappointing for also ending on a cliffhanger too)

Rurouni Kenshin was the end for me though when I found out that Anime ended prematurely and was canceled because it's plot diverged completely differently then the source material.

That is when I decided to just read Manga instead and avoid Anime in case that sort of thing happened again with the fillers screwing up plot and being inconsistent with the source material.

I've read all 681 chapters of Naruto, I'll say it has become somewhat of a clusterfuck, but I still enjoy it nonetheless. The sort of battles when he fought against Gaara in the Forest earlier in the original Naruto series are tame compared to the current events in Shippuden.

We are talking Dragonball with Goku as a kid on his adventures compared to Adult Goku in DBZ. Things have become that level of extreme.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Naruto and Sasuke?
Yes, also
Sakura is still totally useless

Anime isn't my cup of tea.
Until Sansa Runalot appears in one!

wait there's no unlocker?

lol 30fps fighting game, good riddance
The game in its entirety is locked to the framerate, if it drops the game slows down.

It's so dumb now. I'm only continuing to read because I've invested so much time and want to see how the story ends.
haha, same :(

I watched the show way back when. Stopped around the time that
Naruto was sent after Sasuke, and they had that big battle...by a waterfall er something...I think...
That was the absolute perfect time to drop it, because it turns to shit afterwards!

So if I get back into it, I should just start at Shippuden?
The thing is that you shouldn't

What is the difference between Half-Life and Half-Life: Source?
Original superior version vs crappy floaty newer engine version
Exactly like CS1.6 vs Source

Oh you paati puppaa~

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
I generally don't watch much Anime outside a select few series.

I mean stuff like Berserk, Trigun, and the Ninja Scroll movie was what got me into the genre because of the deaths and violence, it certainly wasn't the sort of shit you'd see in your Saturday Morning cartoons.

Then I had a stint with Ranma 1/2 for a few years until the awful cliffhanger ending, and finding out the Comic goes further then the TV series did. (Which was also equally disappointing for also ending on a cliffhanger too)

Rurouni Kenshin was the end for me though when I found out that Anime ended prematurely and was canceled because it's plot diverged completely differently then the source material.

That is when I decided to just read Manga instead and avoid Anime in case that sort of thing happened again with the fillers screwing up plot and being inconsistent with the source material.

I've read all 681 chapters of Naruto, I'll say it has become somewhat of a clusterfuck, but I still enjoy it nonetheless. The sort of battles when he fought against Gaara in the Forest earlier in the original Naruto series are tame compared to the current events in Shippuden.

We are talking Dragonball with Goku as a kid on his adventures compared to Adult Goku in DBZ. Things have become that level of extreme.

Tell me you at least watched Cowboy Bebop though :p

Benedict

This weekly Humble Bundle is quite OK. some leftovers for the rest of you.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Eador Masters of the Broken World -- MB-1FE1507EBCE2F77D - Taken by Absoludacrous. 7 entrants total.
Sang Froid Tales of the Werevolves -- MB-C4F8382F128ECE0D - Taken by XDDX. 2 entrants total.

t1403242451z1.png

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Witcher 2 Giveaway

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition -- MB-70C7ACB19E218D72 - Taken by Meowtor. 25 entrants total.

t1403242551z1.png

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Saoirse Ronan...

Ronan...Roman....

Roman Reigns?

Reigns-spears-Ambrose.gif

This is now a wrestle-gaf thread :3

YES! YES! YES!

Finally we can stop burying the real conversation and get onto the main event.

... no wait, this is making me want WWE 2K15 on Steam just for Steam Works and modding, and that's bad.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Can someone give me an opinion on Peggle Nights? I adore Peggle but I have never played Nights. Is their any DRM apart from Steam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom