• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not only that, but how can you resist a game where someone says:
"I wanna be blinded by your cyber-love"
?

You can't. You just can't.

I just got past this part. Had a huge grin the whole time, makes me want to watch Predator though.

Aww yiss.
secondhandshake.gif

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
JaseC, there's something going in the air.
Had a dream today about my town having Saoirse festival, with her movies screening in cinemas constantly and panel discussions about her and and...
Must've ate something bad in the evening. No other explanation.

Let's trade dreams.

JaseC, there's something going in the air.
Had a dream today about my town having Saoirse festival, with her movies screening in cinemas constantly and panel discussions about her and and...
Must've ate something bad in the evening. No other explanation.

Steam Dreams™

Speevy

Banned
I love Fire Emblem but I think it tries for simplicity so the player is aware of what's going on at all times. PC strategy games are much more complex.

Sianos

I'm really tempted on regular Far Cry 3 after playing some of Blood Dragon - is this sale like the others where you have 48 hours for each daily?

Any idea where I may look for that? I've looked through the options. Not seeing anything there :(
Okay, I'm super late in responding to this and I'm sorry about that. The solution for this kinda sucks. You have to go through and unmap the controls one by one with backspace, and then remap them for just the 360 pad. It takes a couple of minutes to do at most, but then you'll get 360 prompts in game.

Kyougar

Final Fantasy VIII- -- MB-A8A430EB3A5D3779 - Taken by Emperor_EL - Taken by Emperor_EL. 46 entrants total.
Final Fantasy VII -- MB-199BE616EF3D7396 - Taken by Snakethesniper - Taken by Snakethesniper. 31 entrants total.

The community has spoken, the superior Final Fantasy has more entrants!

dot

NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja STORM 3 Full Burst -- MB-4747DEF2B0459EE6 - Taken by Black Soma. 54 entrants total.

sequence01_5rpiq8r0ijm.gif

I blame everyone, especially team purple.

Zeliard

My haul for the day is Jagged Alliance 2 (godlike PC tactics game classic, haven't played it in ages), Pac-Man Championship Edition + DLCs (people say this is super good, plus it's Pac-Man), and Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death (people also say this is super good).

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I think it's just a better idea for me to grind for cards to sell for game money. That's about the only way I'm getting anything from the sale, and the chances of me getting that wishlist prize from the meta-game are likely ridiculously low.

So, grinding ahoy! Glad I've still got a bunch of animu games with drops left. Those always sell for a good amount.

Garuda1One

deadrising 3 25%, should i ?

ALMOST pre order from GMG yesterday with 20% coupon, thank you God..

edit : wait, its 10% off on GMG, and with 20% coupun, its $36...

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
My haul for the day is Jagged Alliance 2 (godlike PC tactics game classic, haven't played it in ages), Pac-Man Championship Edition + DLCs (people say this is super good, plus it's Pac-Man), and Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death (people also say this is super good).

I loved Pac-Man CE. It's just so addictive and mesmerizing, just like the original Pac-Man but so much different.

Oh and go team pink!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Haha, still her best performance thus far as far as I'm concerned. Roll on Mary Queen of Scots!

I had my first Steam-related dream recently - I awoke with a start having dreamed that I'd missed a Dawn of Discovery/Anno 1404 75% off sale.

I was mightily proud of my subconscious self.

Earlier in the year I dreamt that all the hullabaloo surrounding Earth: Year 2066 forced Valve to step in and pull the game from the store. When I awoke I just shrugged it off, but as fate would have it I jumped on Steam when I returned home later to find that, yep, the game had been pulled just hours ago. If I had humoured my stupid dream I wouldn't have missed it. :(

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Indiegala gift link...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

International Snooker -- MB-AC80EF3D951A2013 - Taken by tricho. 4 entrants total.

t1403246700z1.png

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
DmC isn't getting any lower right? Want to get it, but the price is too high for me as I'm also saving for MGS Rising and Arma III

edit:Damn, it was a flash sale :(

Ashodin

omg Zeliard I just noticed you are rocking my Flag avatar thing as your member tag. That is ACE. And also sets Team Pink higher than Team Green.

(secretly wishes his member tag could be Team Green flag)

Day 1 Haul:

Divinity Original Sin CE, Farcry Collection, Hotline Miami, DS2 Season Pass (Doesn't count?)

Those are awful games. Those games are largely how I stopped blowing my load on steam sales.

Here in europe a lot of people liked those Games as I recall.

A bit like Risen and Gothic maybe. In america everyone hated those Games, while they were quite popular here and got good scores.

Eusis

Any good story based games that I should pick-up if they go on sale? playing through The Witcher 2 right now.
Divinity... maybe? No one's seen the whole story, just that the RPing aspect is going to be pretty important, though in general the draw is open RPG freedom, and the turn based combat after so many non-JRPGs went with some flavor of action or real time combat.

You'll probably want to see where things go later on in the sale.

Ashodin

Here they are again if anyone wants to add them to their avatar

ky3BfsO.png
J1UA9Ef.png
SCiYGL0.png
j8bm3SO.png
OKZ1t8G.png

Also, I am taking requests to add them to avatars, which I can do starting tomorrow (Maybe a few tonight). I'll be checking the thread to hook you up!

mfaex

Here in europe a lot of people liked those Games as I recall.

A bit like Risen and Gothic maybe. In america everyone hated those Games, while they were quite popular here and got good scores.

<_< I don't know exactly how to respond to that. I played the first one for like 2 hours, so I feel like I gave it a fair try. They're two of the very few games I've ever bought I'd get a refund on if I could, and I got them cheap.

edit: Referring to Grotesque Tactics 1 and 2 here, to be clear. Never played Risen nor Gothic.

waby

My haul for today (still waiting for ninja flash sales)
Devil May Cry, Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death, $9 steam money from cards :D

Divinity... maybe? No one's seen the whole story, just that the RPing aspect is going to be pretty important, though in general the draw is open RPG freedom, and the turn based combat after so many non-JRPGs went with some flavor of action or real time combat.

You'll probably want to see where things go later on in the sale.

Divinity looks good, but I'd rather wait until it's finished before playing it. I'm currently looking at X-COM, Shadowrun Returns and Shadow Warrior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom