• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Put me on purple team. It must have seen my SR3 playtime.

Grabbed Original Sin, don't have much money left now but quality > quantity yo
So true... especially when you already have quantity enough for 50 people. Puts it all into perspective.

PROTONONE

Neo Member
Looks like the Valve Complete pack is a flash sale for only $25. I've played just about all of these games but don't have them in my library. Must....resist urge....to buy.

DarkFlow

Banned
NUL50n3.png

Gotcha! My Team Green bro!

Thank you!

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Divinity looks good, but I'd rather wait until it's finished before playing it. I'm currently looking at X-COM, Shadowrun Returns and Shadow Warrior.

Shadowrun has some pretty decent writing and role playing options. Have you played Alpha Protocol? The Fallouts, particularly 2 and New Vegas have some good role playing writing as well, if you haven't played any of those.

Oh, and Long Live The Queen is an amusing intersection of choose your own adventure and princess maker. Bit on the strict linear side though.

Oh! Shucks, it's a shame you didn't ask this yesterday. GOG.com had a great sale of their D&D and Ultima bundles and whatnot. You could have gotten more RPGs than you could play in a year for under $30. They might show up again though.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
guess I just wasted 36 points as part of #TeamRed :/
goodbye wishlist

I misread the prize distribution as 30 of those who'd contributed the most points would win wishlist items. If I'd known that the selection was entirely random (with the caveat that you need to have contributed at least one point during the day) I would have spread my regular sale badge crafting across five days rather than levelling it up five times in succession.

Shadowrun has some pretty decent writing and role playing options. Have you played Alpha Protocol? The Fallouts, particularly 2 and New Vegas have some good role playing writing as well, if you haven't played any of those.
Picked up Alpha Protocol not too long ago, haven't gotten around to playing it yet but really need to, and I really enjoyed Fallout New Vegas.

I want to pick up Shadowrun Returns, but I'm worried about the mixed reception it has, I've heard that the DLC expansion's campaign is a lot better though.

M.D

Well... see for yourself.

i want to try out this game, thx for the chance ;p

do you need the entire line including the name or just the key? I sent only the key first then the entire line including the name cause i thought i was doing it wrong and i'm supposed to get feedback that i'm in

hope i didn't break any rules

I misread the prize distribution as 30 of those who'd contributed the most points would win wishlist items. If I'd known that the selection was entirely random (with the caveat that you need to have contributed at least one point during the day) I would have spread my regular sale badge crafting across five days rather than levelling it up five times in succession.

Yeah. I just think the chances are far too low to win anything. Who knows how many people are in one group...

Jakoozie89

Neo Member
<_< I don't know exactly how to respond to that. I played the first one for like 2 hours, so I feel like I gave it a fair try. They're two of the very few games I've ever bought I'd get a refund on if I could, and I got them cheap.

Haven't played Gothic, but Risen actually got good at around the 4-5 hour mark. Before that it was quite frustrating. What a fantastic game! Really like those more brutal, less streamlined WRPGs.

Can anyone recommend a good game in the same spirit? Would prefer if it was relatively new, I like dem grafx.

TheBear

The original X-Com (+openXcom) and Xenonauts are both pretty great, Xenonauts being a slightly re-imagined and modernized remake of X-Com. The Heroes of Might and Magic titles as Knurek mentioned, and a bajillion Kings Bounty series games which are very much like them. Shadowrun Returns and its DLC Dragonfall are pretty good, a little more on the RPG/adventure game side of things with lots of dialogue trees and story. And there's Skulls of the Shogun too, which is a little closer to Advance Wars - accessible, light on story, solid all around. I'm probably missing a bunch, but that's off the top of my head. Oh, there are the old Shining Force Genesis games as part of the Sega Genesis & Mega Drive Classics.

I was going to mention Invisible Inc. (formerly Incognita) from Klei, the Mark of the Ninja and Don't Starve people. It's a more espionage-based strategy game than RPG, and plays a lot like the X-Com titles with randomly generated floors to be a team of strategically sneaky bastards on. The reason I moved it down here is that they've closed up alpha access for the time being and are going to be releasing in early access later on in the summer sometime. Really fun even in it's current alpha state, and definitely worth another look at when it's back up for sale.

Wow thanks for all the detail, I think I'll check out Kings Bounty. Cheers

JustLynx

Here they are again if anyone wants to add them to their avatar

ky3BfsO.png
J1UA9Ef.png
SCiYGL0.png
j8bm3SO.png
OKZ1t8G.png

Also, I am taking requests to add them to avatars, which I can do starting tomorrow (Maybe a few tonight). I'll be checking the thread to hook you up!

Oh can you do one for me please? this is pretty great
I'm Blue!

waby

Oh, and Long Live The Queen is an amusing intersection of choose your own adventure and princess maker. Bit on the strict linear side though.

Oh! Shucks, it's a shame you didn't ask this yesterday. GOG.com had a great sale of their D&D and Ultima bundles and whatnot. You could have gotten more RPGs than you could play in a year for under $30. They might show up again though.

That reminds me, I need those ultima games! Thanks!

Garcia

repost:

If you win, you must go to http://www.nosgoth.com/. Create an account with Square Enix. Then I believe you link your account with Steam. Somewhere you enter your code! Sorry, the email instructions are vague! PM me if you are completely stumped.

This is an asymmetric third person shooter based on the legacy of kain/soul reaver franchises. Multiplayer online only. You either play a human vamprie hunter or a bad ass powerful vampire in a 4v4 fight (then switch sides). Very interesting game. You can buy into early access on steam at 50% off (and receive a lot of extras including friend invites) if you don't win the code from this. But at release it will be a free 2 play (very fair f2p monetization, not pay2win. I already have every class unlocked and I don't play often).

Also, just to clarify, this is a steam game. Just need to follow the email instructions.

The gameplay of Nosgoth is really solid. Played a couple of matches in the morning and I felt the vampires are the best choice for a newbie. Humans require much more precision and reflexes.

Good luck, guys, especially if you are big Legacy of Kain fans.

Caerith

Divine Divinity, Beyond Divinity and Divinity II are better played in the right order.

Original Sin is a prequel to all Divinity games, so you can play it first and if I'm not mistaken Dragon Commander is supposed to be a spinoff to the main Divinity series
Thanks.

LLTQ has a surprising number of branches. And the GOG/D&D sale happens a few times a year-- I know because I keep telling myself that next time, next time I'll buy in.

my Wishlist is so big the whole browser starts locking up when I try to go through it

this is annoying

Likewise. I have to disable Enhanced Steam if I want to view it.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Here they are again if anyone wants to add them to their avatar

ky3BfsO.png
J1UA9Ef.png
SCiYGL0.png
j8bm3SO.png
OKZ1t8G.png

Also, I am taking requests to add them to avatars, which I can do starting tomorrow (Maybe a few tonight). I'll be checking the thread to hook you up!
I already have my little green companion, but could I request a green flag, too? We may not have beaten #insanepurple, but tomorrow is another day.

evilhomer

Was looking through humble to make sure I don't buy games I already own during the sale and found some spare keys to give away. Good luck!

ModBot said:
Instructions for evilhomer:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mark of the Ninja -- MB-BF18DD59915D3C88 - Taken by StarlordDial. 4 entrants total.
FTL: Faster Than Light -- MB-565023ECC0DD575F - Taken by SolVanderlyn. 8 entrants total.

t1403248902z1.png

mfaex

Haven't played Gothic, but Risen actually got good at around the 4-5 hour mark. Before that it was quite frustrating. What a fantastic game! Really like those more brutal, less streamlined WRPGs.

Never played Risen. Looks pretty cool though at a glance. Maybe I'll save that for later.

The Blackwell Bundle is quite cheap now, I skipped rule 1 and bought it at 75% off.
The Shiva is also at 75%.

Most games that are 75% off are probably not going to go lower during the sale -- I bought a bunch of little stuff on my wishlist that was under $2 and 75% off or more.

i want to try out this game, thx for the chance ;p

do you need the entire line including the name or just the key? I sent only the key first then the entire line including the name cause i thought i was doing it wrong and i'm supposed to get feedback that i'm in

hope i didn't break any rules

Generally speaking, all modbot really needs is the key itself from what Stump tells us. Generally my laziness makes me just send the full line. As long as the key is there, you should be good.

I think modbot will ignore your second entry... it wasn't a giveaway where there was more than one title, so you didn't break the "no multi entry rule for single entry giveaways".

Looks great! I won't be entering though, I'd feel bad if I win another raffle today...

Good luck to everyone else.

I love the game. I think it's better on Vita, but if you don't have one of those, the PC port is still a good time.

zkylon

zkylewd
header.jpg

OK gang, giveaway time. I tried to get Steam to send me an email three separate times in order to give this away via modbot, but for some reason it wouldn't cooperate. So let's do this a different way. Here's my Steam I.D.- http://steamcommunity.com/id/MakeshiftChef/, if I am not in your friends list add me. I will then check your wishlist to see if you have the game in there. Someone will be randomly selected by me to receive a steam gift copy of the game. Easy enough, right? Cut off time will be whenever I get up in the morning as I am too tired to do it now. Good luck to you all!

sweet, i love easy

sent u an invite

I'm still bummed at how lame the 2014 summer emoticons turned out. We only get these "official" emotes twice a year, and these ones are pretty much worthless! I just want more classics like :B1: and :D:

I guess the ghost is kind of cool, but that's it.

summerghost
It is a mystery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom