• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.
header.jpg

OK gang, giveaway time. I tried to get Steam to send me an email three separate times in order to give this away via modbot, but for some reason it wouldn't cooperate. So let's do this a different way. Here's my Steam I.D.- http://steamcommunity.com/id/MakeshiftChef/, if I am not in your friends list add me. I will then check your wishlist to see if you have the game in there. Someone will be randomly selected by me to receive a steam gift copy of the game. Easy enough, right? Cut off time will be whenever I get up in the morning as I am too tired to do it now. Good luck to you all!

Onionkid

So in an attempt to get some more cards, and for once play something on Steam I bought, I just started up Master Reboot.

I just went into it without any knowledge of it whatsoever, and I've enjoyed the 45 minutes or so I've done so far. Visually it seems to stand out, and the minor puzzles I've done so far aren't bad or anything, but I'm not really sure what genre this is supposed to be? There seem to be some horror elements they're trying to tease, but for the most part I'm just kinda wandering around aimlessly collecting baubles to open up new paths.

So has anyone else played this? Any opinions?

Eusis

Divinity looks good, but I'd rather wait until it's finished before playing it. I'm currently looking at X-COM, Shadowrun Returns and Shadow Warrior.
If you're looking for story X-COM will NOT satisfy, though it's still a fantastic game in most every other regard anyway. Shadowrun Returns sounds like it fares much better on that front, and Shadow Warrior... I'm assuming you weren't hoping for it there, though I have no experience with that incarnation so I can't properly comment either way anyway.

If you're looking for story X-COM will NOT satisfy, though it's still a fantastic game in most every other regard anyway. Shadowrun Returns sounds like it fares much better on that front, and Shadow Warrior... I'm assuming you weren't hoping for it there, though I have no experience with that incarnation so I can't properly comment either way anyway.

I'm just picking up Shadow Warrior mainly for the gameplay, it will satisfy the 90s fps itch I have right now. :)

header.jpg

OK gang, giveaway time. I tried to get Steam to send me an email three separate times in order to give this away via modbot, but for some reason it wouldn't cooperate. So let's do this a different way. Here's my Steam I.D.- http://steamcommunity.com/id/MakeshiftChef/, if I am not in your friends list add me. I will then check your wishlist to see if you have the game in there. Someone will be randomly selected by me to receive a steam gift copy of the game. Easy enough, right? Cut off time will be whenever I get up in the morning as I am too tired to do it now. Good luck to you all!
:O Thanks for the shot at this.

rockx4

Went to work today and totally forgot today was the start of the Summer Sale. Did I miss out on any good price mistakes?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What's up with Bulletstorm? I thought it git taken down. Is it worth buying or will it be unplayable once GFWL shuts down?

It's worth buying if you're going to play it in the near future as, yes, the game will be unplayable once GFWL is dead (short of GFWL being patched out or at least local profile support being patched in, but there's nothing to suggest either is happening).

mrgone

any other SRPG's on steam worth checking out?

The original X-Com (+openXcom) and Xenonauts are both pretty great, Xenonauts being a slightly re-imagined and modernized remake of X-Com. The Heroes of Might and Magic titles as Knurek mentioned, and a bajillion Kings Bounty series games which are very much like them. Shadowrun Returns and its DLC Dragonfall are pretty good, a little more on the RPG/adventure game side of things with lots of dialogue trees and story. And there's Skulls of the Shogun too, which is a little closer to Advance Wars - accessible, light on story, solid all around. I'm probably missing a bunch, but that's off the top of my head. Oh, there are the old Shining Force Genesis games as part of the Sega Genesis & Mega Drive Classics.

I was going to mention Invisible Inc. (formerly Incognita) from Klei, the Mark of the Ninja and Don't Starve people. It's a more espionage-based strategy game than RPG, and plays a lot like the X-Com titles with randomly generated floors to be a team of strategically sneaky bastards on. The reason I moved it down here is that they've closed up alpha access for the time being and are going to be releasing in early access later on in the summer sometime. Really fun even in it's current alpha state, and definitely worth another look at when it's back up for sale.

Deques

header.jpg

Seems to be easy. I will try my bad luck

(Already 121 pages) Steam sales thread are insanely fast

pahamrick

header.jpg

I can just imagine all the friend requests you're going to have.
Like mine!
Thanks for doing this.

oipic

header.jpg

< Generosity! >

This is a wonderful and generous gesture, MakeshiftChef, and all the better for it being Divinity: OS that you're bestowing upon some lucky folks.

I'd really love this game to do well, and I feel it will benefit greatly from more 'hype' and love here on GAF and elsewhere. The marketing of D:OS has been a bit low-key, but to know it is to be compelled by it, I think.

Nice one, thanks. :)

header.jpg

Thanks for doing this. :)

repost:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Nosgoth Closed Beta 1 -- MB-D55E4A9FEBEB3CA7 - Taken by Ezalc. 4 entrants total.
Nosgoth CB 3 -- MB-92DB5729CE8D7785 - Taken by Junko. 9 entrants total.
Nosgoth CB 2 -- MB-EA4816B80C321C3C - Taken by sunlapse. 3 entrants total.

t1403250499z1.png

If you win, you must go to http://www.nosgoth.com/. Create an account with Square Enix. Then I believe you link your account with Steam. Somewhere you enter your code! Sorry, the email instructions are vague! PM me if you are completely stumped.

This is an asymmetric third person shooter based on the legacy of kain/soul reaver franchises. Multiplayer online only. You either play a human vamprie hunter or a bad ass powerful vampire in a 4v4 fight (then switch sides). Very interesting game. You can buy into early access on steam at 50% off (and receive a lot of extras including friend invites) if you don't win the code from this. But at release it will be a free 2 play (very fair f2p monetization, not pay2win. I already have every class unlocked and I don't play often).

Also, just to clarify, this is a steam game. Just need to follow the email instructions.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
I asked this a million pages ago and didn't see a reply, but do the Divinity games need to be played in order?

Divine Divinity, Beyond Divinity and Divinity II are better played in the right order.

Original Sin is a prequel to all Divinity games, so you can play it first and if I'm not mistaken Dragon Commander is supposed to be a spinoff to the main Divinity series

Shackzam

Here they are again if anyone wants to add them to their avatar

ky3BfsO.png
J1UA9Ef.png
SCiYGL0.png
j8bm3SO.png
OKZ1t8G.png

Also, I am taking requests to add them to avatars, which I can do starting tomorrow (Maybe a few tonight). I'll be checking the thread to hook you up!

Could you pinkafy me when you have chance to.

is it strider

Well... see for yourself.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack -- MB-CFD1180D4F9DA2DE - Taken by ramoisdead. 16 entrants total.

t1403248151z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom