• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

what are all those Agarest DLC bundles? needed at all?

Just as the descriptions say, it's mostly unlocks and items to make your life easier. Basically you can ignore everything, except the Premium upgrade if you want artbook and ost etc.

liezryou

I want Bulletstorm as well. The only thing that sucks:
sa1sR2C.png

A bunch of people can help you bypass that, just have em buy it for you then gift it for you on steam. You can add me and i'll help you out.

Soule

So I just saw the price difference of Divinity: Original Sin in Russia. Anyone know if there would be any issue trying to get it gifted from a Russian? I really would love the game but not at $30+, under $15 though is definitely very good looking.

Chariot

I'm thinking of buying Sid Mier's Civilization, can you give your opinion on that game please?
Very awesome turnbased strategy game with a lot of possiblities to claim the win in the long run and very intesting mods from the Workshop.The games get better very time, so aim for the recent CIV V.
I absolutely love this game.

Mordeccai

Steam summer sale fucking with my sleep pattern has already begun. I find myself sleeping around the flash deals.

pls gaben make my altered sleeping habits worth it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So I just saw the price difference of Divinity: Original Sin in Russia. Anyone know if there would be any issue trying to get it gifted from a Russian? I really would love the game but not at $30+, under $15 though is definitely very good looking.

The Duo Pack/Collector's Edition is region-locked but the standard edition is not.

That would be an option

Isn't there a thread on Gaf where you could ask for things like that?

Yeah: this thread. ;)

I'm thinking of buying Sid Mier's Civilization, can you give your opinion on that game please?
Here is a list of Civilization games.
Let me give you my order:
  • Civilization 2 Multiplayer Gold Edition: Because it feels like a tactical board game, not to complex to grasp but pretty hard to master. Also the mods, scenarios and the not ending games make it more like Risk with some improvements.
  • Civilization 1 (Dos): It has an ease of playing, it is well built and calculated. Really good.
  • Civilization 4 (with Expansions): Religion and culture makes up what huge 3Desque isometric graphics took away. You'll never have the same feeling of a Civilization 2 map from a Civ 4 one but the new mechanics help. The resource mechanism still not good enough although it has been added with Civilization 3. This is the one to choose if you need graphics.
  • Civilization 3 (with Expansions): Lots of new mechanics added but the game somehow boiled down to build as much cities as possible. It can give you some fun if you use CivAssist. It is not as easy as Civilization 4.
  • Civilization 5: The new grid system and the new graphics tries to lengthen the game. The map is really small and the new city system while breaking the need for spamming cities makes the game a bit dull.
Mind you Civ5 is without the DLC, with DLC it is at the same level with Civ4.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?

The regular edition is region free, the collectors edition is region locked, so it should be fine.

TsuXna

Very awesome turnbased strategy game with a lot of possiblities to claim the win in the long run and very intesting mods from the Workshop.The games get better very time, so aim for the recent CIV V.

Thanks. I wonder if they will cut the price even more? or i should get it now ?

Chariot

Thanks. I wonder if they will cut the price even more? or i should get it now ?
You should definitly wait. -50% isn't that great deal and Enhanced Steam told me that it was already 13,19€ on steam some time (complete ed). So it could get to that or even cheaper. Wait for a special sale. Oh and get the Complete Edition, the Add-Ons are amazing additions.

TsuXna

You should definitly wait. -50% isn't that great deal and Enhanced Steam told me that it was already 13,19€ on steam some time (complete ed). So it could get to that or even cheaper. Wait for a special sale. Oh and get the Complete Edition, the Add-Ons are amazing additions.

Kk. I also want Broforce, it looks amazing. 20% i guess they are not going to cut price anymore since its a new game ?

So the Agarest: Collector's Edition includes the Agarest:Generations of War Premium Edition Upgrade? The rest of the dlc seem kinda pricey.

Sarcasm

How do I submit something about the extension Enhanced Steam? The price thing that shows up for cards sits there spinning than pops up with never been sold before. Clearly it has before.

Pronewbie

Banned

This. And I'm not even a fan of turn-based strategy games.

aScaris

Civ 5 is pure digital crack. When I booted it up for the first time I played 5 hours straight without even noticing time flying by. Also it is one of those games that you can put as many hours into as you like, because you will never have the same outcome twice. I have not tried the addons myself, but I heard they are pretty awesome, too.

Regarding price:

Hellraider

Argh, I still can't decide whether to buy Divinity 2 or not. Everyone here was praising Original Sin but no one sounded as excited with D2...

redfirm

Banned
Civ 5 is pure digital crack. When I booted it up for the first time I played 5 hours straight without even noticing time flying by. Also it is one of those games that you can put as many hours into as you like, because you will never have the same outcome twice. I have not tried the addons myself, but I heard they are pretty awesome, too.

Regarding price:

stop making me buy all these games! My wallet is dying!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom