• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
How do I submit something about the extension Enhanced Steam? The price thing that shows up for cards sits there spinning than pops up with never been sold before. Clearly it has before.

You're not talking about the lowest price figure, are you?

TsuXna

...I...I cant

I cant
??
Probably, but you should still wait to the last day before you buy it.
i will then.
Civ 5 is pure digital crack. When I booted it up for the first time I played 5 hours straight without even noticing time flying by. Also it is one of those games that you can put as many hours into as you like, because you will never have the same outcome twice. I have not tried the addons myself, but I heard they are pretty awesome, too.

Regarding price:

Thanks, that's useful.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
Is the ETS2 Gold Bundle worth it or should I just get the normal ETS2 version?

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I think the last time folks weren't getting their cards for voting, they showed up in their inventories later on.

Maybe. Probably. Maybe.

I really hope they fix the mobile app only showing one game out of the four community vote games. Will be away all next week with only mobile access.

aScaris

stop making me buy all these games! My wallet is dying!

I'm sorry! Let me rephrase it: Do not buy Civ5 if you have any interest in a healthy social life. Serious risks of broken relations with other people and health problems due to loss of physical activity. You have been warned!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
wheres are those amazing Salsa terminator gifs, I have a feeling I will need them

a lot :(

Mind you Civ5 is without the DLC, with DLC it is at the same level with Civ4.

Actually, I find Civ V to be up to the standard of 4 and 2 (the two best). I hated the hexagonal system and one unit per tile when it was announced, but now I'm into it, I absolutely love how tactical the game is from not being able to put 20 units on a tile and just spam a city with attacks.

I also love how you can pull a unit out of a city garrison to aid in fighting invading forces, without those cities becoming instantly useless, and without any military apparatus should enemy forces break through.

Anyway, from this flash sale and community choice:

- C&C3 is a definite buy, even if it's nothing on 2 (why aren't the old Westwood games on Steam anyway?).

- I'd get Octodad because it looks fun, but not for £4-odd. It looks like a £2.49 game to me.

- Forced looks really fun. Might be tempted to pick that up.

And I might just take the plunge on the £1.74 PixelJunk Eden and £1.39 PixelJunk Shooter. Can't foresee them being in a 2 for £0.99 bundle or something. Then again, if I buy them now and I'm wrong, I'll be pissed.

alstein

Here is a list of Civilization games.

Mind you Civ5 is without the DLC, with DLC it is at the same level with Civ4.

I'd still disagree with this- the game runs much slower even on high-end systems, and the AI is absymal unless you set it to Emperor, where it pretty much relies 99% on cheats. The UI was revolutionary and there were a bunch of great ideas that didn't get fully implemented.

Civ 4 is still the gold standard of the series to me, and has a ton of great mods. Civ V's modding is very limited by comparison.

There are other TBS games worth looking at right now, such as Age of Wonders 3 and GalCiv 2.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Seriously debating selling my dragonclaw hook for moar games (250$ on market ATM).

Go for it. Why wouldn't you?

I love that during the Steam sales, the sale thread essentially becomes the whole of NeoGAF for me. I don't think I visit any other threads. This just moves so fast and there's so many awesome people here that I don't need anything more. Great job, Steam-GAF.

Momentary

Banned
Awe yeah! I've made an oath to myself to buy only from AND not to add to my wishlist. It feels real good to see the number go down.

They priced Don Bradman Cricket quite high

£34.99 in the UK

edit: 10% discount at the moment, but still it's cheaper in every other region except Aus/NZ

Knurek

I'd really love for Out of Park Baseball to be featured.
Would compliment my 'DO NOT PLAY EVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES IF YOU WANT TO HAVE ANY FREE TIME' category along with FM2013, Civ5 and Crusader Kings 2.

Danielsan

Went to sleep, woke up to see the Purple team 30k points ahead of Green.

I call bullshit.
Meet part of the reason:

No wonder Purple is in the lead.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Duality290

sPW8ZkQ.png

Level 150...

I'd really love for Out of Park Baseball to be featured.
Would compliment my 'DO NOT PLAY EVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES IF YOU WANT TO HAVE ANY FREE TIME' category along with FM2013, Civ5 and Crusader Kings 2.

Tell me about it. I picked up 14 a few weeks ago and put 20 hours into it over the first week. OotP games are definitely my 'one more turn' games.

I'd still disagree with this- the game runs much slower even on high-end systems, and the AI is absymal unless you set it to Emperor, where it pretty much relies 99% on cheats. The UI was revolutionary and there were a bunch of great ideas that didn't get fully implemented.

Civ 4 is still the gold standard of the series to me, and has a ton of great mods. Civ V's modding is very limited by comparison.

There are other TBS games worth looking at right now, such as Age of Wonders 3 and GalCiv 2.

Slowness is problematic indeed, I mean seeing that the launcher has a tablet mode I wonder, which tablet can properly run this game?

Chariot

Jesus Christ... that guy must have spent $100 getting to that level. How could anyone sit there just continually hitting "buy" on badges?

Also, all that money and he only has 128 games? Expected 12,800!
Why do you need games, if you have cards and badges? Badges love cards.

Chariot

Just a small reminder before I am off the pc.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Bioshock -- MB-A8AEAAB8890A5ED5 - Taken by Derp. 30 entrants total.

t1403269402z1.png

Why do you need games, if you have cards and badges? Badges love cards.

lol I felt a little remorse spending about $8 maxing the Civ V badge level and getting the foil badge yesterday as well.

Spending all that to look like a hero to a meaningless competition online? Madness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom