• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

what was before mentioned gmg answer to steam sale, I can't see anything on gmg store, or was it only playfire related?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
How do I force update the chrome one? Store says I have most current.

6.3.2? Then what you're seeing isn't Enhanced Steam. You're referring to this, right?

invr3j11.jpg

Facism

i'm having a proper giggle at the "discount" for Dead Rising 3. So generous of them to discount the game to the standard PC price of £30.

Guy's I'm tempted by Enslaved... if something is already at -75%, is it pretty much certain it won't get put on a flash or daily?

i'm having a proper giggle at the "discount" for Dead Rising 3. So generous of them to discount the game to the standard PC price of £30.

That's why I'm not buying. Way too many games to go along with. Might get Dead Rising 2 though to sate my zombie death lust!

Eusis

seriously?

less than 0% chance. If it's featured, it MIGHT drop to 50%
Yeah, I'm pinning my hopes on a $25 sale. Anything lower will be mind blowing, and even then it'd probably be a 66% discount at an extreme, which is STILL north of $15 albeit not by very much.

Mhm, there were still stuff that went from 75% to 90%. Wait till the end of the sales, won't hurt you.

I will wait then.

The only tough one is waiting for PixelJunk Eden and Shooter go drop from £1.79 and £1.47. I reaaaaally want to play PixelJunk Eden right now, and can't foresee them both going down. But just know I'd buy them and they'd be on the next flash sale or something.

Just woke up and how dare you not vote for 2D difficult in the community choice? I am personally and professionally embarrassed.

I suspect red team did this.

Now excuse me while I go buy octodad

jholmes

Picked up Octodad for $5. You did it, Team Red! (And all the rest of the rainbow too, I guess.)

Edit:

Just woke up and how dare you not vote for 2D difficult in the community choice? I am personally and professionally embarrassed.

I suspect red team did this.

The Reds had nothing to do with it, I swear!

MadGear

Argh, I still can't decide whether to buy Divinity 2 or not. Everyone here was praising Original Sin but no one sounded as excited with D2...

I don't know how well this game holds up today, but I really enjoyed Divnity 2.
It offers a lot of content, even if you were to only focus on the main story line and an interesting world with a great atmosphere, some decent humor and a lot of loot. The story starts out somewhat weak but also gets way more interesting the further you progress in the storyline.

The big downside of Divnity 2 however is its difficulty because this game is actually rather easy and iirc there was no way to increase the difficulty at all. This is unfortunate because you'll encounter a large number of enemies which are never that hard to beat nor require special tactics. Sadly this is also true for the boss encounters.

GFWL's seemingly postponed death? Yes. We're less than two weeks away from July 1st and MS hasn't said anything. My theory is that the date was pushed back six months to December 31st.

But why so late? Most devs jumped on Steam already (at least the most important ones). And Epic says nothing about Steam Support for Bulletstorm. I think if they say there will be a patch in a few weeks the sales would rise higher than usual.

Evrain

Decided to sacrifice some of my study time to sample Marlow Briggs and... well, undoubtedly is a "b-movie" type of game, but the over the top action and tongue in cheek plays with stereotypes are just too much fun. Definitely eases my hunger after having cleared Revengeance

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Better late than never, I guess. Still have to wait for 2 banking days until my card can do stuff. Had it replaced for expiration.

And I missed out Naruto sale.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
wonder how many keys I could get DR3 and Original Sin for, whats the deal with russian Original Sin again? locker or not locked?

Hellraider

I don't know how well this game holds up today, but I really enjoyed Divnity 2.
It offers a lot of content, even if you were to only focus on the main story line and an interesting world with a great atmosphere, some decent humor and a lot of loot. The story starts out somewhat weak but also gets way more interesting the further you progress in the storyline.

The big downside of Divnity 2 however is its difficulty because this game is actually rather easy and iirc there was no way to increase the difficulty at all. This is unfortunate because you'll encounter a large number of enemies which are never that hard to beat nor require special tactics. Sadly this is also true for the boss encounters.

Oh man, you could have said half a dozen other negatives but the difiiculty thing. It kills all the excitement for me in a loot heavy game.
Thanks a lot! I guess I'll wait for Original Sin to come down in price, though.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
But why so late? Most devs jumped on Steam already (at least the most important ones). And Epic says nothing about Steam Support for Bulletstorm. I think if they say there will be a patch in a few weeks the sales would rise higher than usual.

Yeah, but there's a conflict of interest there as EA won't foot the bill itself due to Origin and I can only assume that Epic has zero intention of funding the work itself. The game will just continue to exist as-is until the new date draws near, at which point it'll be yanked again.

The latter.

I see. Thanks again.

Man, when I read the rules about holding for flash sales and dailies, I thought it'd be easy as hell. I mean they are simple to follow; wait for flash deals or dailies (and in this case the community choices), and leave every else to the last day of the sale.

But I can see why it needs to be reiterated a lot. Some of this stuff is so tempting to just get right away! grrr

Tizoc

I got Octodad off Humble Store months ago, and now want to make a giveaway of its Steam Key, but Humble doesn't let me, I'm afraid of linking my steam account since it may add the game to my library. What's a workaround for this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom