• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Water

Operation Summer Sale is a success. I idled cards from games and hunted them for cheap from the market through Spring, so I had something like 140 badges worth of cards in store when the sale begun. Instantly went from Steam level 10 to level 50. I spent maybe 35e in money getting the extra cards, and made about 40e selling all the sale cards just now. I spared approx one badge worth of cards for each sale day, so that I get one team point and that day's extra card on top of the card that comes from crafting the badge.

Free Steam levels get

liezryou

I got Octodad off Humble Store months ago, and now want to make a giveaway of its Steam Key, but Humble doesn't let me, I'm afraid of linking my steam account since it may add the game to my library. What's a workaround for this?

I don't think linking it activates it on your account, i think clicking the actual redeem button the humble page does.

Vuze

I got Octodad off Humble Store months ago, and now want to make a giveaway of its Steam Key, but Humble doesn't let me, I'm afraid of linking my steam account since it may add the game to my library. What's a workaround for this?

I think you should be able to create a gift link after linking your steam account. Game shouldn't be added to your account without further confirmation from your side.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
As a person who stopped smoking weed ten years ago: Is Octodad still worth playing?

Ok guys, I'm finally going to join SteamGaf GOLD and buy ETS2 - only question is should I drop a little extra for the Gold bundle with the Going East expansion?

Mostly picking this up as I have an Oculus DK2 coming next month, and have heard good things about the VR support in ETS2 :)

Ruruja

Are you saying she's not a film star?

4624-smile.gif

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
me.... where should I be looking to get keys then?
Traders are selling the game for 13 TF2 keys. At current prices this can set you back approximately $31, but plenty of people sell second-hand keys on sites like TF2 Outpost -- the tricky part is finding someone who:

A) Has the statistics to suggest legitimacy (older account, plenty of trades, and so on)
B) Doesn't require a lot of reputation or playtime in TF2
C) Is offering keys at $1.90ea or less ($1.90 being what I paid), and
D) Is online and present

Robo-tractor time.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Cubetractor -- MB-E0AC1461D966B7E4 - Taken by Soule

oipic

Question about Euro Truck 2: Can you start from any part of the map or switch to any part of the map automatically? (Demo doesn't allow this.)

Yep, you can - when doing 'quick jobs', these can be taken from any city, any time. Once you own your own truck, however, and access the 'freight market' instead, things are a little different.

This wiki page sums it up nicely.

lol what are all these sim games like? Farming sim, trucking sim, goat sim... some of the weirdest and seemingly mundane ideas ever, but there MUST be something to them to see so many and for them to be fronting the sales!

I've never seen anything like them on consoles.

Help a new PC gamer out, guys! lol

Pachimari

Just cleaned up my Wishlist into categories like: Not on sale, already been on sale, no interest, and definitely getting.

What I really need this sale is Skyrim, Dishonored, Anno 1404, World in Conflict and Assassin's Creed 1.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I'm kind of bummed that I'm going to be away at Glastonbury for the end of the sale, will screw up my "wait for the dailies" mentality, as well as hamper my chances of getting the badge. Oh well.

derExperte

lol what are all these sim games like? Farming sim, trucking sim, goat sim... some of the weirdest and seemingly mundane ideas ever, but there MUST be something to them to see so many and for them to be fronting the sales!

I've never seen anything like them on consoles.

Help a new PC gamer out, guys! lol

Most of them I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole but Goat Sim is really funny for a few hours. Also very realistic, you'll learn a lot.

Euro Truck Sim 2 is the other must-buy, you may not enjoy it but you have to play to find out and the price is right at the moment (for 5 more hours).

Can't use the market until the 24th, damn you steam guard!

Did you use a new credit card? There's a way to remove the lock then.

Yep, you can - when doing 'quick jobs', these can be taken from any city, any time. Once you own your own truck, however, and access the 'freight market' instead, things are a little different.

This wiki page sums it up nicely.
Thanks. I tried to take a quick job, but the game told me I didn't have enough money. (Might be a limitation of the demo though.)

Euro Truck Sim 2 is the other must-buy, you may not enjoy it but you have to play to find out and the price is right at the moment (for 5 more hours).
DLC worth it?

Lexxon

How good is FORCED guys?
I'm tempted since I need some good 2 player coop games to play with my brother.

I like it. Very challenging to get some of the goals, though. The levels change a lot depending on number of players. Definitely worth $5.

There is, lemme find you certain vid.

here it is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEJHrmliVQw

Jesus... did I just get laid?

Most of them I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole but Goat Sim is really funny for a few hours. Also very realistic, you'll learn a lot.

Haha I might check out the Euro Truck Sim then.

Shahed

I'm completely new to Steam, so I just want to confirm this.

Age of Empires II HD and it's expansion pack are the main thing I want out of this sale. It's 50% off at the moment, but that's a general sale that lasts throughout. So I should wait until the 30th, and if there isn't a Daily or Flash sale by then, then I should buy the game?

Also I've added the game and a few other's to my Wishlist so I'd get notifications when on sale. I never got them. Is there anything i may have missed?

Arthea

O_O

Jasec, please grace us with your infinite knowledge.

Ah, damn.

sorry for getting your hopes up (._.)

Age of Empires II HD and it's expansion pack are the main thing I want out of this sale. It's 50% off at the moment, but that's a general sale that lasts throughout. So I should wait until the 30th, and if there isn't a Daily or Flash sale by then, then I should buy the game?

Also I've added the game and a few other's to my Wishlist so I'd get notifications when on sale. I never got them. Is there anything i may have missed?

I'd say wait, both been -75% before.
You should get notifications, that's really strange, I always get them

Yes. Don't buy unless it's a community deal, daily, flash sale or the last day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom