• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acccent

guys: how does a team *lose* points? The daily breakdown says teams have been stolen large amounts of points on several occasions – how does that happen?

I already have Borderlands 2, if I buy the GOTY edition, will I keep my saves?

I doubt it because I'm pretty sure a "GOTY" edition is basically considered a different game. I could be wrong though. And it's very possible that you could just copy your Borderlands 2 save and put it in the GOTY save location.

Kiru

guys: how does a team *lose* points? The daily breakdown says teams have been stolen large amounts of points on several occasions – how does that happen?

http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/753/303700-Steal 1,000 Points

I doubt it because I'm pretty sure a "GOTY" edition is basically considered a different game. I could be wrong though. And it's very possible that you could just copy your Borderlands 2 save and put it in the GOTY save location.
Borderlands GOTY is just a bundle containing the base game and some DLCs. http://store.steampowered.com/sub/32848/
I know what you mean. There were some games where the GOTY edition was a separate sub/game.

Halo 2

Banned
Very well, today we have our speciality for sweet people with a bit of milk to create a shape of a heart. No extra sugar needed. Enjoy! :)

gfwmS9V.gif

Very appreciated.
sipsipsip

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
anyone with photoshop skills (and photoshop lol) can cut out just Gamora from this picture for my new Team Green needs?

tumblr_static_2886089-gamora1a.jpg

Copons

There are Team Tokens (or dropped when crafting a summer badge or bought in market) that allow you to steal 500 or 1000 points from another team.

I forget but is it possible for a Community's Choice winner to get a higher sales percentage in a Daily/Flash or is that the highest it is likely to go?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Hey guys I have a quick question about modbot.

I have an unused gift containing a game that I'd like to give to modbot. I read the instructions and they say I need the key.

Is there any way to view the key of my gift without activating it on my account?

if its a gift on steam, as in a item in your inventory, you need to gift it to yourself using your email, and then you post the link that you get in the email minus everything after the ? (question mark)

Anteater

ohfuck! I didn't know that was speedrunners on the left, I woke up for a second just to vote and i remember i was like "no pricing error dirt 3 s-------nners with level editor fuck i'm gonna vote for bulletstormzzzz"

I'm sorry gaf

Arthea

Still want cards to be added to South Park, Castlevampia LoS 2 and Dark Souls II.

:/

I don't understand how devs still haven't caught up with our OCD: if choosing between two games with the same price and attraction, I always choose one with cards, always ! 100%

Demonicon is -75% off now, the cheapest it's ever been! Get your
incest
Dark Eye fix now!

I'm leaving it for the last day, to see if I have some money left for it

on this day photoshop gaf failed me

it is truly a sad day :(

you brought it on yourself!

Rhaknar

on this day photoshop gaf failed me

it is truly a sad day :(

Copons

gosh... this is madness...

While I'm not digging the effects of this metagame on this thread, I must say that I'm truly astounded by Valve use of psychological marketing. It's incredible, really incredible. I'm actually speechless.

I work in a tiny ad agency (think Mad Men, but we have crappy beers, wear nerd t-shirts and are poor as shit instead :D ) and we couldn't come up with stuff like this even in our wettest dreams.

DRock

has yet to tasted the golden nectar that is tag
Team blue is fucking up....

Will the Farcry Franchise Pack increase in price when Farcry 3 is no longer in the Daily Deal?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Last Remnant is much better than I remember it being. Maybe the texture pop in on 360 really got to me.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
so I guess I shouldn't have sold all my basic game cards then? As a member of purple team, I should have tried to make one badge to get a chance to win some games?

I now have no cards except the two basic summer sale ones :(

edit: I did just make my community ambassador badge - will that give me points and therefore get me into the draw?

Is 30 FPS bad for the games?

The 30 vs 60 fps argument has been talked in detail in many places. 60 just feels better for video games. It isn't a must have, but its one of those check marked features that is nice to have. 30 is acceptable if its locked at 30. If the game spikes up or down it can get unpleasant to look at.

Levyne

Banned
so I guess I shouldn't have sold all my basic game cards then? As a member of purple team, I should have tried to make one badge to get a chance to win some games?

I now have no cards except the two basic summer sale ones :(

You can just make a random game badge for one point. Edit: Just buy the cards for a cheap one. Or idle some remaining card drops if you've got any.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom