• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

milena87

While I'm not digging the effects of this metagame on this thread, I must say that I'm truly astounded by Valve use of psychological marketing. It's incredible, really incredible. I'm actually speechless.

I work in a tiny ad agency (think Mad Men, but we have crappy beers, wear nerd t-shirts and are poor as shit instead :D ) and we couldn't come up with stuff like this even in our wettest dreams.

It's like when we went to summer camp and we were put in different teams.
You can bet that most kids did their damnest to shame the other teams and win.

Uh... thinking about it, my first team ever at summer camp was The Greens. This is destiny obviously.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Oh yeah, Naruto still has a chance to go on a flash right? Dat 10 bucks.

Also Democracy 3 is good yes?

Nethaniah

The 30 vs 60 fps argument has been talked in detail in many places. 60 just feels better for video games. It isn't a must have, but its one of those check marked features that is nice to have. 30 is acceptable if its locked at 30. If the game spikes up or down it can get unpleasant to look at.

Problem is it makes no sense for these games to be 30fps on pc, CnC is first and foremost a pc franchise and the fact that it's an rts only furthers the confusion as to why these games were capped.

derExperte

Last Remnant is much better than I remember it being. Maybe the texture pop in on 360 really got to me.

Remnant PC is considered to be the ultimate version for a number of reasons, less technical problems included. You're definitely not the first who likes it more there.

cHinzo

Here you go:

gX9QsHV.png

LOL! Perfect.

Saiyan-Rox

you guys think papers please would go down more? yeah I know wait for the dailies etc but it being down to 3.50 wouldn't be too bad to jump in now

Stupid DirectX 9 giving me fatal errors on Bit.Trip games (failed to create fullscreen device). I wanted to idle for cards and then craft to get more cards (card from crafting, card from points).

What happened to team purple last night?!
A user with a level 150 Summer badge is part of the purple team.

rtcn63

IIRC, the PC version won't completely screw you with regards to Battle Rank (leveling/enemy scaling) compared to the console versions, which were arguably broken, and could make it near impossible to finish the game.

Copons

While I'm guilty too I hope it dies down a little. And I think it will, it's just new.

But I actually don't want to blame anyone!
The problem here is that there are thousands of people posting in this thread.
If we were like 50, or 100, or something like that, it would be extremely fun to go all hooligans about our colors.
But when thousands of people do this 2 or 3 times every hour, god it's annoying. :(

Anyway, it seems it's dying down already (or at least I hope it isn't just because US is sleeping or something), but I'm sure when the first day will end and we'll see the winner team, this thread will be harsh.
(and even tho I'm kinda curious about it, luckily I'll be AFK to watch Costa Rica kicking our ass and going to the finals as group leader)

Guys, if Bulletstorm comes up you gotta get in on that. Besides possibly being somewhat dysfunctional in a post-GFWL world, it's also the closest thing to Vanquish you'll ever see on the PC. It's a fun shooter with a great skill system and it doesn't take itself all that seriously.

Support FPSes that aren't military army fetish bullshit and get bulletstorm!

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Where I can see the russian price history of a Game/DLC? I want to buy Vergil's downfall and there's a trader selling it for 1,5 key but I think he is highballing

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
hmm transparancy dont work on avatars? clearly I am an idiot

evilalien

I didn't get a card for my third vote. Yes, I am over level 8 and after making my vote it definitely told me that I had just earned a card.

I didn't want to spend too much this sale..but screw it. Divinity: Original Sin is mine. Also picked up Marlow Briggs. Why not..its only a buck and seems fun.

Go team green! Boy are they behind those purple fiends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom