• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stupid DirectX 9 giving me fatal errors on Bit.Trip games (failed to create fullscreen device). I wanted to idle for cards and then craft to get more cards (card from crafting, card from points).

A user with a level 150 Summer badge is part of the purple team.

Oh christ.

Any Team Green people with a fat wallet that wanna take one for the team

Chariot

Here you go:
KNp7qgw.png
haha

Is there any way to turn off route blocking in Euro Truck? (The fake, forced arrows that deter you from going off route.) Demo didn't have that. I just want to drive, damn it!

marrec

Banned
what's so amazing about Euro Truck/Train Simulator? haha the talk is making me interested

Like any other simulator, the devil is in the details. You'd think that simulating long haul trucking (having you regularly drive in real time for 30-60 minutes) would be boring but it's surprisingly relaxing and engaging. You have to maintain certain speeds, watch your gas gage, and drive carefully for the cargo being hauled. The game simulates weight and momentum to a certain extent so that you have to be extra careful on corners too.

It also gives you the ability to manually back into loading docks which is an extremely difficult and rewarding experience. It's the Dark Souls of backing up.

On top of all of that there is an RPG like experience system that allows you to level up your driver AND a trucking company management system that allows you to buy more trucks, drivers, and outfit your trucks with snazzy equipment like new horns, mirrors, and paint jobs.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
technically there was 1 Divinity giveaway

the rest were a bunch of "hey PM me or something I dunno?"...things

yes im salty about it :p

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I wish I hadn't bought Witcher 2 on GOG, no Steam goodness and I have to download 13 1.5gb files from GOG to install it. Boooo.

I'll still play it though.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
So glad I got XCOM.

Is Enemy Within even worth it though? Seems mighty expensive for some meaningless looking stuff.

Yep, it adds a lot of new stuff to the main game. My only problem with it is that Mechs are way overpowered and if you level one up early on you can stomp through the rest of the game

pahamrick

So glad I got XCOM.

Is Enemy Within even worth it though? Seems mighty expensive for some meaningless looking stuff.

Totally worth it. Having the mech soldiers plus gene modded soldiers really changes things up, plus the medals that allow you to tack on additional upgrades to your elite set of units.

Plus, you can use The Long War mod.

I'll keep pimping it.

Kvik

Speaking of Divinity:OS, I really love its art style, I don't think it'll go out of date anytime soon. Sort of like what Blizzard wanted to go for Diablo, but with better textures 0_o

Seanspeed

Banned
what's so amazing about Euro Truck/Train Simulator? haha the talk is making me interested
There's nothing 'amazing' about it. Its a repetitive, time-waster of a game that can be rewarding at first and then turns into a case of how much you enjoy just mindlessly driving around listening to the radio with slow-as-fuck vehicles and super uninteresting 'locations'.

Its a novelty game. SteamGAF has some sort of hard on for it for some reason or the other, but I wouldn't get my hopes up thinking you're about to jump into some undiscovered gem or anything.

Yep, it adds a lot of new stuff to the main game. My only problem with it is that Mechs are way overpowered and if you level one up early on you can stomp through the rest of the game
Totally worth it. Having the mech soldiers plus gene modded soldiers really changes things up, plus the medals that allow you to tack on additional upgrades to your elite set of units.

Plus, you can use The Long War mod.
Thanks. I'll leave it for the last day or another sale though, can't go too crazy since I still need to buy some other stuff lol

Good morning everyone!

I want to start my day off on the right foot.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dust: An Elysian Tail -- MB-29BD0CAB80D715DE - Taken by Bel_Air_Jeff. 1 entrants total.

t1403271601z1.png
Redeemed via Humble Bundle link, if that alters your decision to enter. Good luck!

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I have base XCOM but not EW, might just wait for the next sale to pick it up as I haven't played too much of EU. I don't know whether I want to mix things up when I haven't really got to grips with the base game yet.

Anustart

I've earned 11 points for Pink and we're still not in the lead????

As an aside, if I'm reading correctly, as long as I earned some points, I get another card at 10 pdt correct?

I guess Atom Zombie Smasher was in a bundle that I just completely slept through?

Loved the demo I played of it a while back, and meant to pick it up at some point. Whiffed completely. C'mon, daily...
Or totally awesome Modbot giveaway.

Coreda

Very well, today we have our speciality for sweet people with a bit of milk to create a shape of a heart. No extra sugar needed. Enjoy! :)

gfwmS9V.gif

Mmm. Also, condolences to team red. I feel for you. Wish I could be on the red team tbh, matches the avatar.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Bought Euro truck simulator

why did I do that?

Because its a great game, welcome to the club!

At this sale price of #3.74 it's ridiculous value. I paid $20 and got every penny worth out of it, hell I still play it today at over 80 hours of time into it already. And I'll be playing it for years to come most likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom