• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah I hope people get new teams everyday.

That's the one way to make sure a stacked team doesn't win every single day.

It also make my avatar change feel very silly.

Saganator

Kinda sucks Purple is so far ahead. Don't think I'll bother making badges =/

C'mon underrated FPS! Been wanting to check out BulletStorm.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Just a reminder that I'm giving away some games in another thread with just under six hours left. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=840818

Team wise, it does seem rather unfair that people can just join the winning team and pay their way to ahead, but well, that's only if you think this could have ever been a fair competition or is anything other than a really brilliant marketing idea by Valve. Kudos to them I say.
Personally I prefer to stick with what really matters. Octodad, the best simulator game on Steam right now for an excellent price. Buy it today.

Also neither Community's Choice affects me either way and I think both SpeedRunners and Gunslinger deserve love, so tell me SteamGAF, which would you prefer I vote for?

marrec

Banned
Nah, they're keeping the Teams the same. I imagine Purple won't be able to maintain this lead though through the weeks.

OmegaDL50

Morning all. (and Good Evening to my EU and fellow Gaffers on the other side of the world)

Okay day one ended on a fairly good note.

Was gifted Divinity : Original Sin by a very generous and awesome Gaffer, picked up Marlow Briggs and Grim Dawn.

The Daily Deals will end in about 3 hours refreshing to a new selection of games along with the end of first day of Summer Adventure contest and the 30 random members of the purple team getting the top 3 games on their wishlist for free, the Community and Flash Sales end in 2:30.

Now it's time for day two to begin!

get_img

All hail the glorious Team Purple.

Hubris will be your downfall!!!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Kinda sucks Purple is so far ahead. Don't think I'll bother making badges =/

C'mon underrated FPS! Been wanting to check out BulletStorm.

make one badge so you get a card at the end of the day, then hold on to any other 'ready' badges until tomorrow and help your team out then instead

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Morning all. (and Good Evening to my EU and fellow Gaffers on the other side of the world)

Okay day one ended on a fairly good note.

Was gifted Divinity : Original Sin by a very generous and awesome Gaffer, picked up Marlow Briggs and Grim Dawn.

The Daily Deals will end in about 3 hours refreshing to a new selection of games along with the end of first day of Summer Adventure contest and the 30 random members of the purple team getting the top 3 games on their wishlist for free, the Community and Flash Sales end in 2:30.

Now it's time for day two to begin!

is anybody gaming their wishlist, just in case? Eg finding the highest value tradeable games and having those in the top 3?

edit: and do preorders count?

Haunted

Day 1 officially ends in three hours if I have my timezones right. There's still time to blue shell the Purple Team (but don't do it pls).

I asked earlier, but no one actually knows what causes the "points stolen" spikes from time to time, right? I don't understand.

OmegaDL50

is anybody gaming their wishlist, just in case? Eg finding the highest value tradeable games and having those in the top 3?

Nope. I just picked the top 3 games I know I really want to play.

Because either they show up as a Flash Sale / Daily and I buy them, or I luck out and an happen to be one of those 30 that are picked.

Either way, I get what I really want, and even at the very end my stuff show up as a daily / flash sale or I don't get picked, I'm going to buy it anyways.

So it's a win-win regardless.

Random giveaway!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

trine2_25.jpg

Trine 2 Complete Story -- MB-186D7D88A805D288 - Taken by Chocobro. 15 entrants total.

t1403283302z1.png

wetflame

Pizza Dog

Yeah, what does everyone have as their wishlist top three? Mine are:

1. Transistor
2. Sniper Elite III
3. Wolfenstein TNO

But I'm interested in adding stuff. I know JaseC's already:

1. Wheelman
2. Who Wants To Be A Millionaire Saoirse Ronan Edition
3. Tintin

MikeDown

Banned
this thread has a disturbing lack of soviet propaganda, reds get on that! Make your team proud!

Also voted for race bundle, am I wrong for doing so?

Edit: Also Remember Me is %50 off, which is a steal. I had a blast playing it, great gameplay, great music, protagonist has a great ass, levels are tad linear though.

1. Transistor
2. Sniper Elite III
3. Wolfenstein TNO

1. Wheelman
3. Tintin

Everytime someone posts something about Transistor, Korn's Twisted Transistor starts playing in my head. Please stop. :)

Red

1. Transistor
2. Sniper Elite III
3. Wolfenstein TNO

1. Wheelman
3. Tintin
Antichamber
Dishonored
Risk of Rain

Nothing fancy. Maybe I should reorder it so I have more expensive games up top. But, team red.

There are a bunch I want. Banner Saga, Spec Ops: The Line, Skyrim, Shadowrun Returns, Kentucky Route Zero... Hoping for specials.

pahamrick

1. Transistor
2. Sniper Elite III
3. Wolfenstein TNO

1. Wheelman
3. Tintin

Sadly the wishlist offer only extends to titles still available for purchase.

My top three:
1. Divinity: OS
2: Shadow of Mordor
3: Dead Rising 3

I'm still looking for recommendations if I should get democracy 3

I was super excited for Democracy 3 when it was released so a friend sent me a DRM-free copy so I could test it. It was fun for the first playthrough, but then I found it kind of dull. Also, I didn't see that much of improvements from Democracy 2.

I'm going to buy it when it goes -75% just for the +1 to the game count on Steam.

1. Transistor
2. Sniper Elite III
3. Wolfenstein TNO

1. Wheelman
3. Tintin
1. Splatter: Blood Red Edition
2. Heavy Bullets
3. Warhammer 40K: Space Marine

Status