• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red

Is there a purpose to Steam cards outside badge crafting? I've never paid attention to the meta game or crafting communities.

SeZMehK

Oh I just noticed, is it 30 people on a team that gets their free games or is people who scored 30 points will get their free games...?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Oh I just noticed, is it 30 people on a team that gets their free games or is people who scored 30 points will get their free games...?

- Every day the team with the most points wins.
- 30 members of that team who contributed points that day win 3 games off their wishlist
- Anyone who contributed points on the winning team get 2 bonus cards
- Anyone who contributed points on any other team gets 1 bonus card

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Just so I am clear on this...

The points reset every day? So all these people that blew their $$$ to put purple in the lead do not maintain it after the reset? Seems like a waste!

Also, does crafting ANY game badge get you a shot at tokens? Or just the summer sale badges?

I would like to hit the "Purple Token" jackpot to sell it ;P

ModBot said:
Instructions for tiny raptor:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising -- MB-0C3AC54CD91969F1 - Taken by wilflare

meep

wilflare

Lazy Guys Majestic bundle
Price: 2.49$
  • Overcast
  • Quest Run
  • Dead Bits
  • Subject 9
  • Lightfish
  • Doomed'n Damned (GL)
  • 1Quest (GL)
  • Undead Legions (GL)

No link, since I don't really like lazy guys, and the games are all rather... bad. (except Lightfish).
Still, have at it, +1 chasers.

I need to learn how to code
so that Chrome gives me a notification whenever you do such posts

Haunted

Just so I am clear on this...

The points reset every day? So all these people that blew their $$$ to put purple in the lead do not maintain it after the reset? Seems like a waste!

Also, does crafting ANY game badge get you a shot at tokens? Or just the summer sale badges?

I would like to hit the "Purple Token" jackpot to sell it ;P
They reset every day. People can blow their money all over again tomorrow.

Only the summer sale badge.

Another shoutout to my new Steam sale Indie thread that is now updated and has 8 posts with 150 games to check out:
mOcbrsu.gif

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=841250

Most certainly yay.
Thanks for this, Toma!

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I just jumped on it. For $5 can't go wrong. Is this playable with Big Screen mode and a controller? If so, I will drive on the big screen and a comfy couch.

I think that you can map to a controller but it's not a default option. But I don't have it so I can't be sure.

The_Monk

Just tried, for curiosity sake to redeem my Age of Empires III Gold Edition keys from my Physical copy on Steam but it does not work. Oh well. ;_;

It's 4 CD's, a Cardbox, Two Big manuals, Two Quick reference guides and one instruction manual. Ah, memories.

Oh man, I would like to know the drop rate for the team tokens. We could calculate the expected number of Summer Badges we should craft to get a team token and compare expenses vs. expected income to see if it's profitable.

jeez man, purple is dominating. and team red has been way behind since the sale started. Need to divide the team up more evenly(I'm team green). I don't really care if my team wins or not cause I know for a fact I won't be the one that gets the 3 games from my wishlist anyways, I never ever win competitions like that. Anyways, heres to hoping that day 2 has some solid deals like day 1 did. So far I picked up Naruto, would've picked up Virgil's downfall but I wasn't home at the time, thats okay though cause it'll go on sale again anyway

Miker

Sorry if this has been asked before, but what are some of the cheapest games to craft badges for? Cheapest as in buying them off the market. Curious if it's worth it just to earn some points and get a Summer Sale card back.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
The Banner Saga just started a 421MB update. Anyone know what's up with that?

Was about to ask the same thing. They didn't upload any patch notes to the store page and can't find anything via google

When does Divinity get out of Beta? Also its Region free right? If not may aswell get now instead of steam trade.

June 30. Standard Edition is Region free and currently costs 7 keys on the gray market. Collector's Edition is region locked

I'm extremely tempted to just dive right on Divinity
Sorry if this has been asked before, but what are some of the cheapest games to craft badges for? Cheapest as in buying them off the market. Curious if it's worth it just to earn some points and get a Summer Sale card back.
La Mulana has some really cheap cards. Same goes for stuff like McPixel

Left 4 dead 2 & Guacamalee have super cheap cards(less than 10 cents)
Dust: An Elysian Tail Badge, Scirbblenauts Unlimited, giana sisters all have cards that are like 12 cents tops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom