• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

I feel so shit for still not understanding how to craft badges. People have probably tried explaining it to me in the past.

At least I know how to sell cards but dunno if I should just sell them all? Or is crafting if I collect all the game's cards and thus gets a badge?

Yakkue

I feel so shit for still not understanding how to craft badges. People have probably tried explaining it to me in the past.

At least I know how to sell cards but dunno if I should just sell them all? Or is crafting if I collect all the game's cards and thus gets a badge?

If you collect all of them, there will be a button next to them on the badges pages that lets you craft the cards into a badge.

That said, I've never crafted a badge and just sell them all. Don't really see the point.

This is my first giveaway and hope you will enjoy Borderlands 2!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Borderlands 2 -- MB-17D29276D3D9D084 - Taken by TsuXna. 21 entrants total.

t1403278102z1.png

ScribbleD

I don't understand it either. From what I gather you need a specific set of cards to combine into a badge and you get the cards from achievements or something.

You need to collect all the cards for a game, then go to your badge page on your profile and click on craft buttom. If you don't care about badges, emoticons and backgrounds it's not worth.

I don't understand it either. From what I gather you need a specific set of cards to combine into a badge and you get the cards from achievements or something.

You get cards from playing the game, or just let the game open like many already do.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Sooo... 20 pages overnight?
Sorry guys, not doing a quote wall for this :p

At least it's a good one, I expected some moe shit :D
and would've laughed real hard if it were

SephiZack

No, you really don't. Let's say you can craft a badge for 50 cents. So it "costs" you 50 cents to enter the raffle, assuming you are on the winning team already.

Let's make a very, very conservative guess and say that there are only 10,000 people on the winning team that contributed points (chances are it's way higher than this. Way higher). So that means you have a 1 in 3,333.33 chance of winning the raffle.

Even if the 3 games you end up winning are $30 a piece (so the prize is $90), and there really are only 10,000 points contributors on the winning team, the expected value of that raffle is... 2.7 cents.

Actually, if they choose 30 people among 10,000, it's 1 in 333.33 chance

Yakkue

No you get the cards from simply running the game a certain amount of time (usually about 30 minutes per card). You can get about half of the required cards for a badge that way, the rest of the cards you can get by buying them from the market or trading them with other people.

Not every game has cards though.

No, you really don't. Let's say you can craft a badge for 50 cents. So it "costs" you 50 cents to enter the raffle, assuming you are on the winning team already.

Let's make a very, very conservative guess and say that there are only 10,000 people on the winning team that contributed points (chances are it's way higher than this. Way higher). So that means you have a 1 in 3,333.33 chance of winning the raffle.

Even if the 3 games you end up winning are $30 a piece (so the prize is $90), and there really are only 10,000 points contributors on the winning team, the expected value of that raffle is... 2.7 cents.

Craft a badge if you want a badge (lord knows i'm repeatedly guilty of this across the last year), but don't craft a badge just for an infinitesimally small chance of winning 3 games off your Wishlist.

You also get a Summer card for crafting, which was hovering at around 50 cents. It may have dropped back to 40 cents, or so. Then, at the end of the day, you get another for contributing points, two if your team wins.

So not only is it not costing you anything to enter the raffle, you actually come out with a monetary gain no matter what.

Add on to the top of that the "hope" factor.

ScribbleD

You need to collect all the cards for a game, then go to your badge page on your profile and click on craft buttom. If you don't care about badges, emoticons and backgrounds it's not worth.

You get cards from playing the game, or just let the game open like many already do.

I'm 3/5 in a bunch of games and it says I'm out of drops. Does that mean I have to buy the cards to craft a badge? And badges do nothing?

Also, how do you get the Summer Sale cards to craft that badge?

Actually, if they choose 30 people among 10,000, it's 1 in 333.33 chance
Gah, you're right, In my head I thought there were only 3 winners not 30. What I get for hitting this thread as I wake up.

So yeah, with 30 winners, assuming 10,000 points contributors and a prize value of $90 the expected value is 27 cents.

.. and there also is the "free card on the winning team" thing which at least for now might make the value positive if you are on the winning team and can craft a badge cheaper than the cost of one of the summer cards.

EDIT: someone just mentioned that a few posts up.

Scoops

Banned
I know it's only 1.49 but is Monaco good?

I have a strict $20 spending cap for the sale so every dollar saved counts. Haven't bought anything yet.

this contest is such a dirty cash grab for valve, it's not fun at all.

Yep, it's a dirty cash grab for Valve but yesterday it was possible to make money crafting badges, getting the Summer Card and selling it at ~0.60.

I did that and ended with a profit of $2.50. At this moment it's not worth it.

Monaco worth it? I know NOTHING about this game except that it's supposed to be some stealth coop thing...

I think it's worth it you have friends to play with. Monaco is such a good game when you play it using the voice chat with your friends.

Chariot

Yep, it's a dirty cash grab for Valve but yesterday it was possible to make money crafting badges, getting the Summer Card and selling it at ~0.60.

I did that and ended with a profit of $2.50. At this moment it's not worth it.
Ah, I remember the first days when the cards appeared where you could shell out cards for 5 Euro per.

OmegaDL50

I just sold a crap ton of junk cards I didn't even want yesterday for some cheap games. I mean like 3 pages worth.

Only to go back and end up buying the full set of Saints Row the 3rd cards just so I could craft a badge for this contest.

At least, I'm only using Steam wallet for this stuff, I've earned with card sales, so nothing lost right.

And besides, the Saints are flying the colors of Team Purple, so maybe luck will go my way.

i got a price for dead rising 3 in russian site .

how much is 599,25 pуб in australian currency ???

and will the game be in russian ???

Miker

I'm extremely tempted to just dive right on Divinity

La Mulana has some really cheap cards. Same goes for stuff like McPixel

Left 4 dead 2 & Guacamalee have super cheap cards(less than 10 cents)
Dust: An Elysian Tail Badge, Scirbblenauts Unlimited, giana sisters all have cards that are like 12 cents tops

You can use this handy tool.

Thanks for all the suggestions, I'll take a look into it later.

marrec

Banned
i got a price for dead rising 3 in russian site .

how much is 599,25 pуб in australian currency ???

and will the game be in russian ???

Not only will the game be in Russian, but it'll also make you secretly a communist.

The game will be in english, and I really Russia is no longer a communist state.

trolho

Neo Member
Am I the only one who hasn't figured out how to get the Summer Foil cards?

And man I need to get a purple token.
To sell it to someone of course

Btw, what's up, GAF? First post.

I'm 3/5 in a bunch of games and it says I'm out of drops. Does that mean I have to buy the cards to craft a badge? And badges do nothing?

Also, how do you get the Summer Sale cards to craft that badge?

You can trade the cards or buy them from the marketplace. You get 1 Summer Sale Cards by voting three times on the community choice, every $10 spent on purchases also grants you one card, and you can get 2 Summer Sale cards if you're part from the winner team and contributed to it, if your team loses and you contributed to the race you also get 1 card.

Badges level up your profile and as your level raises you can add more friends and get a higher chance to booster packs to drop.

Silky

Banned
Gonna get $10 dollars from a mate today. That should be enough to get everything right.

I'd like to buy Blood Dragon but FUCK Uplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom