• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Any recommendations for co-op games?
Preferably First-person with some story.

A few non FPS.

My favourite, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light . An isometric perspective action game with several puzzles to work together, quite fun and active.

Double Dragon: Neon for high fiving beat-em-up retro love.

Monaco , a heist inspired stealth and team-work game that is just brilliant fun in working together and feeling satisfied when all things come together in the end.

You have Borderlands and Borderlands 2. RPG using FPS mechanics, rather basic story, but enough to keep you going as long as you also like collecting loot in games with all the different weapons to find.

Sniper Elite V2 and it's Zombie kin. Working together to clear out an area with slow motion bullet shots for high impact.

A classic in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3 for tactical multiplayer and good ole Clancy thriller story line.

F.E.A.R. 3 , very much a story driven game best played with a partner in a horror setting.

Dead Island or it's expansion Riptide. Survival against zombies in an open island game world to explore, various missions and level scaling.

Left 4 Dead 2 , one of the kings. A simple story of moving forward, trying to get to safety. Also options to sort of make your own survival experience.

E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy , a FPS in cyperpunk and with a wonderful Four Pack to make it easy to enjoy together.

Portal 2 , a fun and amusing story that will make you laugh with the banter and plenty of co-op work required.

BulletStorm , cheesy is the best way to describe it, but offers plenty of stuff to do together with a friend for making combo kills and trying one's best for score in a rather competent title.

Derp

Holy shit i bought two cards and crafted a badge (for Bastion) for the first time ever. I got THINGS from it. That was exhilarating. BRB buying cards.

I'm level 3 now. God damn i'm a pro.

Woah....woah...dat purple.

I wish I got a Purple Token drop, worth alot of money right now.

HOLD ON.

WAIT A MINUTE.

Are you telling me... that people are willing to spend THIRTY TWO DOLLARS so they can switch to a team because they think they might win some games off their wishlist??

Is there any other reason one would switch colors??

PLEASE, someone, anyone, please tell me the chance to win a couple games is NOT why people are spending $32 to switch team colors.

So I just downloaded eurotruck sim and was beggining to install, ive been some months without entering on steam, but I cant see the install page button, and it says the game is in install queue on my library. Have they changed how this works?

EDIT: Ok found it.

AkuMifune

Banned
Spent the rest of my steam wallet on booster packs to min/max the market on rare cards.

What am I doing? Someone slap me. I need Day 2 to start before I end up selling myself for Bloodrayne foils.

trolho

Neo Member
Steam market is going crazy right now. For all of you traders, Dota2 keys are going for like 1.30 euros, when I usually see them as expensive as the TF2 keys.

HOLD ON.

WAIT A MINUTE.

Are you telling me... that people are willing to spend THIRTY TWO DOLLARS so they can switch to a team because they think they might win some games off their wishlist??

PLEASE, someone, anyone, please tell me the chance to win a couple games is NOT why people are spending $32 to switch team colors.

Seems like it, yeah. But the market works differently for those items. Apparently you can ask for them for a specific value. Not sure if someone's gonna sell those tokens bellow 10 dollars, though.

Chariot

HOLD ON.

WAIT A MINUTE.

Some people just HATE to lose.

Pachimari

You need to collect all the cards for a game, then go to your badge page on your profile and click on craft buttom. If you don't care about badges, emoticons and backgrounds it's not worth.

You get cards from playing the game, or just let the game open like many already do.
Yeah, I really don't care much for backgrounds, badges, emoticons or cosmetic stuff for my profile.

So should I just sell all of my cards right away? Unless I want to collect cards.

But what are foils?

liezryou

Steam market is going crazy right now. For all of you traders, Dota2 keys are going for like 1.30 euros, when I usually see them more expensive then the TF2 keys.

Nono, dota 2 keys have fallen below TF2 keys for quite some time. Two reasons:

#1) They decided they are going to make all dota 2 chests work without a key now (you buy the chests directly from the store)
#2) Compendium

HOLD ON.

WAIT A MINUTE.

Pretty much. I wrote this about that http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=117428129&postcount=7591and AbundantChoice wrote this http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=117428519&postcount=7603

Yeah, I really don't care much for backgrounds, badges, emoticons or cosmetic stuff for my profile.

So should I just sell all of my cards right away? Unless I want to collect cards.

Summer cards will lose value by the last day, when most will have moved on from the meta game. Recommend you get rid of summer cards ASAP unless you're trying to craft something

The_Monk

HOLD ON.

WAIT A MINUTE.

Please, watch for your heart Cosmic! I don't want anything bad happen to you, but yes, that's what it seems. Some people will get addicted to these things really easy.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
So is something funny up with purple team? With such a lead why did they keep crafting so much?

Because like most of Valve's contests its all actually rigged. Each team will end up winning a night and having an equal opportunity of getting the free games. Previous contests have been similarly rigged to make things competitive but be equal for everyone at the end of the night.

/tinfoilhat

neoemonk

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light is fun but I just find it amusing that a sleeping god wakes up after who knows how long and speaks perfect English.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
HOLD ON.

WAIT A MINUTE.

Victory is its own reward.

njean777

Question about Divinity: is this game like Diablo at all, or is it turn based? I do not care for turn based combat really, but from the trailers it looks like it is more Diablo than turn based, so which is it?

Also is anybody using a macbook air that has played it? That is all I have for PC games.

rtcn63

Victory is its own reward.

kevin+chang+it+is+not+enough+that+I+succeed+others+should+fail+dr+heckle+funny+yearbook+pictures.jpg

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
:/ sigh Enhanced Steam not loading/working on my Wishlist is making it hard to slim it down T_T

Working on a fix for that this morning, sorry for the trouble.

trolho

Neo Member
Nono, dota 2 keys have fallen below TF2 keys for quite some time. Two reasons:

#1) They decided they are going to make all dota 2 chests work without a key now (you buy the chests directly from the store)
#2) Compendium

Ah, got it. That's why some traders stopped asking for DotA2 keys a while back. Thanks for the info!

wilflare

Working on a fix for that this morning, sorry for the trouble.

hey! sorry if that came across as bad!
I really do still appreciate your work on ES - it's a lifesaver!
(which is why when it doesn't work, the pain is real :X)

on a sidenote, it kinda crashed my Chrome when it was trying to load my wishlist - I have to leave it for a while... (else Chrome just becomes painfully slow to surf) is that a Chrome issue or?

Arthea

some people just need to win, and cost doesn't matter. We had enough history lessons with that particular lesson, hadn't we?
And inspite that they buy into victory, they are still winners and other less dumb, still losers, just pointing out! (><)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom