• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who hasn't figured out how to get the Summer Foil cards?

And man I need to get a purple token.
To sell it to someone of course

Btw, what's up, GAF? First post.

Welcome to SteamGAF, take a sit and watch the madness in this thread during the Sale. Foil cards drops are random, you can get them the same way normal Sales cards.

Halo 2

Banned
Yeah, you're good. Just wait for the "Everything on Steam" pack to go 99.9999% off as a flash deal on the last day.

Pizza Dog salutes us all.

The third trade is coming out after summer, might go to the comic shop today and grab the floppies I've been waiting to read.

Got a Sequence booster pack and i can't sell it for shit. Between that and my Toki Tori 2 foil it's like valve is just trolling me with expensive but unsellable cards.

gorfyako

Banned
What were the previous ones like?

To be fair, at least the older ones gave you prizes for completing achievements in games. I really miss that, but thanks to SAM, we're never going to get anything like that ever again.

Now you're only given cards and only for buying games or sitting idle in a game -- I mean, you can play the game, but you're not trying for something like you would be before.

Parsnip

Just looked at the friend stats, one of my buddies has 1128 points already, and of course he's in the purple team.

Blue team's still the best. Always. Forever and ever.

rtcn63

Borderlands 2 is a fun co-op shooter. Story is hit or miss depending on how you like your cheese, and gunplay can be disappointing if you're coming from weighty, competitive FPS titles. And I'd only get the GOTY version.

marrec

Banned
Should I buy Euro Truck Sim 2? I'm kinda interested in the game. And is the DLC any good?

You should buy it if you're interested at all in the idea of Trucking Company managing sim that allows you to back your own truck into a loading dock and doles out experience better than most Bioware "RPGs".

DLC is worth it as well.

The_Monk

If I want a Strategy game to build some Barracks, Towers, like Age of Empires or something very similar do Dune 2000, what my best option? I have some Command and Conquer, Age of Empires III physical too.

Can I do such things with Original War?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/235320/

I really want something to build, protect, attack, not turned based. Stronghold HD series?

wilflare

One of the favorites games from SteamGAF last year. Yes and yes.

You should buy it if you're interested at all in the idea of Trucking Company managing sim that allows you to back your own truck into a loading dock and doles out experience better than most Bioware "RPGs".

DLC is worth it as well.

Yes and yes. DO IT.

when you guys mention DLC, you are just referring to "Going East" right?
or everything as in literally $8.11 everything?

trolho

Neo Member
Welcome to SteamGAF, take a sit and watch the madness in this thread during the Sale. Foil cards drops are random, you can get them the same way normal Sales cards.

Thanks!

Damn, Blue was on first yesterday, now we're close to last along with Red. Good thing I have a secondary account on Purple. The odds for the 3 games are better with more points gotten? Or is it completely random?

Anyway contributing one point for the winning team pretty much means profit thanks to the 2 cards.

EDIT: Crafting the Summer badge always drops at least one token? Or is it random as well?

Zapages

I bought Ikaruga and Witcher 2... There's nothing special so far. Hopefully there is some sale on Don Bradman Cricket, Street Fighter 4 Ultra, and Transformers: Rise of Dark Spark

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
I still have 2 of these left

ModBot said:
Instructions for Applesauce:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dead Island Epidemic #3 -- MB-ECE653B67B892170 taken
Dead Island Epidemic #2 -- MB-E95AAB16FC87AA79 taken

Thanks!

Damn, Blue was on first yesterday, now we're close to last along with Red. Good thing I have a secondary account on Purple. The odds for the 3 games are better with more points gotten? Or is it completely random?

Anyway contributing one point for the winning team pretty much means profit thanks to the 2 cards.

Completely random.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Thanks. I tried to take a quick job, but the game told me I didn't have enough money. (Might be a limitation of the demo though.)

Uh, wut. It shouldn't. Made a profile?

10479664_10100541281221905_637763232239272114_o.jpg

Job market?

10380235_10100541281246855_1882538158562506973_o.jpg

Quick Job? Even in the demo, so long as you have made a carrier profile, it shouldn't stop you unless that's a recent update. Which is fucking stupid if that's the case since quick jobs are what you're gonna do in "carrier mode" until you get enough money for a semi and your own company.

DLC worth it?

Going East: Yes. The rest, cosmetic, so no.

Lomax

It's worth doing one badge per day right now if you can do it for 80 cents or less, if you sell your summer cards for 40 cents each, you'll get one from the badge and one from contributing (two if you are on the winning team). Plus the potential for a foil increases that as well. Now of course in a couple of days once the prices drop it won't be as worthwhile.

Soroc

First day is almost over, I double dipped on witcher 2 finally to add it to my steam collection. And I bought X-Com on a whim. Watched a couple videos and as I'm not really into strategy games the glam cam and the closer connection to the units and gameplay kinda sold me.

You win Day 1 Steam, but the battles not over!

fantomena

Goddammit, Gabe.

I woke up at the time where there was about 3-4 min left of the Naruto flash deal. I have never ever read, seen, watched, played or even cared about Naruto at all. Still, I bought the game.

yatesl

Gah, I'd buy cards but Steam seems to think my iPhone is a new device every time, and can't buy anything from here for 7 days...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom