• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.
HOLD ON.

WAIT A MINUTE.

Are you telling me... that people are willing to spend THIRTY TWO DOLLARS so they can switch to a team because they think they might win some games off their wishlist??

Is there any other reason one would switch colors??

PLEASE, someone, anyone, please tell me the chance to win a couple games is NOT why people are spending $32 to switch team colors.
ivOWbErz4ZGNl.gif

mclem

Didn't really pay attention to the event until now. Wow. Making people craft badges to win a competition is deviously brilliant. Valve making bank. I was thinking of crafting the cheapest badge for the sake of it, but geez, the prices of all cards are rising.

I've still got a bunch of last year's summer sale cards. I'm wondering if it's worth looking to sell then now, I believe there's one full set in there and that's for a badge you can't get any more.

Myshkin

I don't see how people are crafting so many badges for these points. Each card is either $10 in the store or 3 votes, how are so many people getting badges?

People are crafting Bad Rats badges.

Edit: He means you spend $10 in the store and get a card I suppose.

syllogism

The team switch items are probably too common and all the big spenders switched to purple. If that's the case, expect purple to steam roll all the way.

Tenrius

So I went to the Original Sin community hub and saw this thread.

Larian, Don't Put Your Game On Sale Before Release!
Larian, I spent $40 on Original Sin because I wanted to help you out with your finances.

I haven't played the game yet, because I want to play the full, finished version, spoiler free. Seriously. THIS is how you reward me?

You put the game on sale at 20% BEFORE you've even released it? Thanks a lot for that, Larian. That's really nice of you. Makes me feel like you had my back there.

Loyalty. Doesn't mean a thing anymore.

Do you think this guy has a point? Because, frankly, I don't. He says he wanted to give Larian money. Well, he did and now plenty more people will do it thanks for the sale. Never really understood sentiments like "our kickstarter backers paid $60, so we'll have to sell it exactly at that price".

Do you think this guy has a point? Because, frankly, I don't. He says he wanted to give Larian money. Well, he did and now plenty more people will do it thanks for the sale. Never really understood sentiments like "our kickstarter backers paid $60, so we'll have to sell it exactly at that price".

You back them to realize the release, the game is the gift.

Acccent

I just cleaned up my wishlist to remove games I only kinda want, or games that are super cheap, just in case I win in the prize draw :>

AsylumX

Not the same as mr orange though.
x_logo_by_krimsonxtidohzdr.jpg

best i could do

8xeadrN.png

I notice this thread goes so quickly lol. Make take on it.

asylumx-steam-teampingyd9o.png

Pages moved fast by the time my Internet came back up. :p

vZEhF7G.png

Thanks guys... I'll pick one. Sorry, for replying so late.

And go Pink Team on day 2... We can do it, now that purp spent all his moneyz...

Doomedfool

I saw the same post, and no he doesn't have a point imo. He said he wanted to support them, so the discount should not be a factor really.

Soroc

I wish I knew more about crafting cards or was up on it when they first introduced it. I feel so lost on the whole crafting/marketplace part of Steam now.

Anteater

they should give out bonus points at the end of each day

like mario party

pink should get 50k bonus points for being the best color.

Lomax

I think Marlowe is a dollar.

--

Holy shit the trade servers aren't working ugghhhh fuck fuck fuck fuck

They are working (mostly), they just lie about it. I did a bunch of trades in the last hour between my account and my girlfriend's account and every single one gave me an error at every step, but still worked normally.

Considering the game tier price on the Kickstarter was $25/$28, it's still more expensive than that right now, so he has no point at all. Basically it's just sour grapes because he paid more and hasn't played it yet.

The guy put money down very well knowing this will get discounted at some point in time. If he paid to support the dev, then he shouldn't be feeling entitlement because some people will get the game for cheaper.

If he wanted the full, retal game, he should have waited for the full, retail game.

Turfster

People don't seem to want to understand that kickstarter isn't buying something.
You're giving people money, and if you're lucky, you get something for it, but they're not required to give you anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom