• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Underrated FPS won with 71% of the vote?

Well, looks like 71% of people were wrong ;)
still have yet to vote for the winning community choice :/

Borderlands 2?
Thanks for all your help guys! Much appreciated!

Portal, Borderlands, Left4Dead and EYE Divine look promising.
Gonna watch out for deals.

How much story. I would like to recommend Payday 2, but that's lacking a bit in the story department.

Actually, I would like soemthing like Far Cry 3. The really liked the artstyle and gameplay (Played the console version a bit from a realitve). But people didn't seem to like the co-op part, so I am not sure. It's pretty cheap though. Hrm...

wilflare

This is a different issue, and a somewhat embarrassing one from a code perspective. :(

Sometime after the last big sale (but before now, obviously) I added a feature where if something on your wishlist had a discount, it would grab that store's page and parse out the discount announcement. So for example if something on your wishlist were a daily deal, it would say "DAILY DEAL!" in blue on your wishlist as well.

Fast forward to now - almost everything is on sale so when you load your wishlist it has to grab X number of store pages, where X is essentially the number of games on your wishlist. For example, if you have 100 games on your wishlist, ES will pull 100 store pages to parse out the discount announcement, which typically crashes your open tab.

I love you guys too! This a great community of like-minded Steam fanatics.

No worries, I just published a fix (6.3.3) for Chrome. Working on the Firefox fix now and it should be done in a few minutes.

love you man <3

bakeray

Who actually buys hearthstone packs? Before i quit (I think s1?) i got a pack every day free by just playing arena, near the end ended up hoarding like 1k gold too.
After grinding out 2 League of Legends accounts to 30 I just don't have it in me, plus I actually enjoy the game so I don't mind tossing Blizz 10 bucks every once in awhile.

People don't seem to want to understand that kickstarter isn't buying something.
You're giving people money, and if you're lucky, you get something for it, but they're not required to give you anything.

Can't really blame them though.

An investor (which is what KS is asking for, really) is usually going for some form of monetary return.

But since that isn't the case here, the return becomes a tangible good, mostly in the form of a pre-order.

KS wants to act like an investment opportunity, but it's not.

So it can either be looked at like a charity (here's some money, I expect nothing back) or a store (here's some money, I expect a game or t-shirt back).

But with the incentives, most KS act like a store.

So if it walks like a duck...

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Ok I'm confused.

Why is purple so absurdly far ahead?

Snowball effect.

1 - Purple starts to take a decent lead
2 - People get "Switch to Purple" tokens and start using them
3 - Purple lead increases because more people have joined their team
4 - Purple pulls away and other teams concede and save high point badges
5 - Repeat #2 #3 #4 infinitely

:)

Arthea

iDGv7Nyd1Vd06.gif

just imagine that orange is purple, I'm too lazy to edit it now

liezryou

What the hell? Racing didn't win? Man people are dumb. I am fucking mad. I am RAGEING!

Also people who need uncut version of bulletstorm, add me.

AsylumX

Snowball effect.

1 - Purple starts to take a decent lead
2 - People get "Switch to Purple" tokens and start using them
3 - Purple lead increases because more people have joined their team
4 - Purple pulls away and other teams concede and save high point badges
5 - Repeat #2 #3 #4 infinitely

:)

Yeah... 100% what happened that's why I'm thinking of making a little investment in the tokens market... those prices could rise a lot. Maybe now it's pink's turn...

MadSexual

So what's the truth about Orion: Dino Horde? I know it was an unplayable mess before, but they are pushing it as a total revitalization. I can't really trust the Steam forum with the devs moderating them these days. Help me SteamGAF. Some of my friends are interested, so if we can get an hour or two of fun for $1.50, I think I'd be willing to try it.

Turfster

So if it walks like a duck...
Oh, I know.
Still, no leg to stand on.
Also, wasn't the lowest "get the game" tier like 25$ or something?

So what's the truth about Orion: Dino Horde? I know it was an unplayable mess before, but they are pushing it as a total revitalization. I can't really trust the Steam forum with the devs moderating them these days. Help me SteamGAF. Some of my friends are interested, so if we can get an hour or two of fun for $1.50, I think I'd be willing to try it.

Don't do it.

liezryou

After grinding out 2 League of Legends accounts to 30 I just don't have it in me, plus I actually enjoy the game so I don't mind tossing Blizz 10 bucks every once in awhile.

IDK but i had ALOT more fun in arena then premade play. I guess because more skill involved in arena?

Had to stop playing XCOM Bureau for a few minutes, to get in on the next sale. Each mission is like 30mins-1hr long, which is insane. Still fun though. I would recommend picking it up before its price goes up.

nbthedude

Wow, I owe an apology for my snary way of asking if Agarest War was any good earlier. Some kind soul just mysteriously gifted me a copy of the game in response.

Thank you whomever you are! I'll give it a fair shake.

Woah, only 20mins left for far cry 3 deal.
Gotta decide between standard or deluxe? HELP!

Deluxe has more co-op. Is it any good guys. HELP!

Worth the extra 2.5&#8364; ?

Ceebs

I grabbed it with some friends for 99 cents last time. It's a janky mess of a game, but still stupid enough fun to be worth it.

wildfire

Banned
So far I'm 2 for 2 on votes. I was interested in voting for the racing series simply because Speedrunners is pretty novel and deserves some promotion but Grid being partially broken due GFW shutting down made the vote worthless.

I'll be picking up Bulletstorm finally.

I'm part of the marketplace problem now. As purple was winning I crafted a badge to get the 2 card drops contributing points does (every point counts when you're 50k in the lead). Forgot about the card drop I got for crafting the badge. Nice bonus. Now to work out the selling game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom