• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on red team, we can do this.

TEBwSpj.jpg

No.
The team ranking shit doesn't matter UNTIL THE LAST FUCKING HOURS.
God, I hope we're not going to get another rerun of dozens of "woo my stupid color is 'winning' oh no <other color> overtook us!" bullshit posts.

Hey relax, I really didnt know whast going about the colors thing, was just asking how this worked.

Uraizen

Banned
By the way, if someone wants something from the Russian store, I can help you! You'll have to send me the exact cost of the game in the Russian store via paypal gift (preferably in roubles), and I'll buy the game for you. I don't usually advertize this (although some people ask me to do it occasionally), but I just realized I'll be essentially getting free cards, so I have a good incentive :p.

So if anyone's interested, talk to me on Steam or via PM. Make sure to check for region locks (you can do it with http://www.regionlocks.com/, for example).

Strange... this says that the Dark Souls 2 Season Pass isn't region locked when it supposedly is...?

I highly doubt the Shadowrun DLC will get a discount just because of a community choice. That will happen if it gets a Daily Deal.

I do believe you're wrong. :p

The flash sales are pretty much potential dailies that get put up for a short time and then cycled in my experience across the last however many steam sales. You'll frequently see expired dailies pop in there as the sale goes on, with every discount that was already available.

So let's hope I'm right and the DLC is discounted (it's why I voted for that group; that and wanting the Frozen Synapse DLC at a discount). :p

Would have been nice. Come on green team, get your shit together. :)

My man, what's up with enhanced steam? It is not working well for me lately... games on my wishlist aren't being highlighted almost at all, frequently games I own show up as unowned... I'm sitting here like "don't I own that?" and then I click and "why, yes, yes I do.".

Just thought I'd ask if something major changed recently...

Not at this price.

Depends on what you're looking for. I paid around that for it and I was happy enough.

cant believe the FPS community vote won, those games are trash

Wow. Where's that Memento gif when you need it?

Eh. I played through it and it's.... ehhhh. Just ehhhhh. Main problem is the lack of freedom, every environment feels like you're running through a trench in WW1. And the fights are too hectic, you die too fast, enemies take too much hits. Story is okay, looks nice and the conversations can be funny.

I'll disagree with some of that. You can pause a fight at any time allowing you to make decisions on what actions to use or where to go. And yeah, you can die fast, especially on the harder difficulties, but this is evened out by the fact that you can parry/block mostly everything... just need to get the skill that allows blocking to cover side attacks. And if you level up your stuff right, you can just destroy enemies for the most part. The last boss was a giant pain in my ass, but overall, it was a decent ARPG for the $20 or so I paid.

How good's Bound By Flame? Would people recommend getting it?

Depends -- if you're a fan of the development team's other games, probably? It was a good time for the most part, even if there were some issues (I had some opposite issues with the game, mostly revolving around some shoddy VA work in places (referring to my female character as he) and the fact that they don't allow same sex romances. I spent the whole game getting close to two of the females with intentions of romancing them and then I couldn't and found out I had to have tried to do so for the guys because of my gender. I was pissed.

But it's an okay ARPG, if you're looking for something to play. I had a good time with it coming out of Dark Souls 2 and it wasn't a bad thing that I was able to earn playfire credit for it in large chunks.

Max resolution is 1080p. :(

What's your point? ;)

My TV's max resolution isn't even technically 1080p (I think it's 1824x1068), so it works for me. :p

Wait, does Bulletstorm even work anymore with the GFWL bullshit going down?

Is Bulletstorm okay to get now or is it still riddled with GFWL bullshit?

Anyone know if Bulletstorm is getting a patch to remove GFWL?

Already covered in the last several pages, folks.
Bulletstorm will work after GFWL shuts down if you crack it or patch the GFWL DLLs.
Bulletstorm is still GFWL. Get enhanced steam and then go look at the product page.
There is not really any chance of a patch to remove GFWL, as Epic and/or People Can Fly have not said anything on the subject.

Is urban trial worth it or should i wait for a trials fusion sale. Just saw it for 99 cents.

Depends. I've had some fun with it on my Vita and liked it enough to grab a copy on Steam for a couple bucks in the last year. However, most "Trials fans" think it's trash and do not like a lot of things about it (most likely because it wasn't made by the original dev team).

Kadin

No.
The team ranking shit doesn't matter UNTIL THE LAST FUCKING HOURS.
God, I hope we're not going to get another rerun of dozens of "woo my stupid color is 'winning' oh no <other color> overtook us!" bullshit posts.
You really do hate that discussion don't you? lol. Yeah it's quite a lot of it but I think it's fun seeing all the craziness. Honestly I think it's gonna be like maybe 80% of yesterday from here on out. Everyone is so competitive even when they really have very little say in it overall...

OmegaDL50

I couldn't begin to try and rationalize why some people on Steam do the things they do. I just can't wrap my head around it honestly. Some extremes are just so... extreme?

Well consider the alternative

Buy Summer sale cards for .30 to .50 cents each, craft badge, get something worth $43

PROFIT!

Can someone explain the deal with Bulletstorm? Want to double dip after switching to PC, but I remember it was taken off Steam a few months ago. Now it's back, has GFWL, and some in this thread saying it won't be playable within a few months?

Edit: Nvm, just explained above.

Raxus

This is also the second time they've released it, they renamed it to try and get around their original bad metacritic score.

Pretty sure I read somewhere that some of the devs that worked on it didn't get paid as well.

In that case fuck that. The trailers are hilarious though.

Strange... this says that the Dark Souls 2 Season Pass isn't region locked when it supposedly is...?

It wasn't locked in the last two weeks when I got mine...
So I'm not sure where the "supposedly" part comes in unless something changed with the region lock flags in SteamDB.

Palehorse

I'd also like to know if State of Decay is worth it.

I'll put my two cents for State of Decay here.

It's worth it, for sure. It's a game that for me took a bit to get the systems going but once I did it was awesome.

They hit you with a lot of help tips at the start of the game which is fine but they don't really sink in as you haven't had time to take it all in yet, and I ended up forgetting stuff.

Some tips that I missed that change the game when I rediscovered them:

-You can store stuff in car trunks. This is key for gathering supplies, putting them in the trunk and then going for more. Makes supply runs easy.

-Clear out the surrounding area of infestations/special zombies. Morale improves and you don't get as many popups to take care of.

-The sneak is okay but it ends up getting in the way. You can get by a few Z but one will spot you and you'll end up having to kill them all anyways. Just take them out as you go and it's no more than 1 or 2 at a time.

-Don't stay out too long. Go back to base and swap to a new character or you'll get tired faster and get overwhelmed and die.

I've had a great time with the game once I figured this stuff out.

Gangxxter

Can someone explain the deal with Bulletstorm? Want to double dip after switching to PC, but I remember it was taken off Steam a few months ago. Now it's back, has GFWL, and some in this thread saying it won't be playable within a few months?
There are rumors, GFWL will be closed down this year. If this happens and Bulletstorm won't be patched, you can't play the game anymore.

So, if you get it, play through it quickly. Don't put it on your backlog!

How is the dino game. We need to know!

I was gonna add it to the list (it was only £1 more on £26 of purchases), but when I saw the metacritic rating, I was out. I don't follow reviews, but if something is unanimously panned like that, you know something is wrong.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Selling 1x Dead Rising 3 Steam Gift (NO REGION LOCK) for $23 via PayPal!

Please don't use this thread for selling stuff. First, because it's impossible for us to be able to police it. Second, because it's kind of crass. There's a GAF buy-sell-trade thread you can use if you want.

Tenrius

I'm not sure myself, actually. I think that site just looks up particular parameters in the Steam database and the arrangement might be different with season passes.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I'll put my two cents for State of Decay here.

It's worth it, for sure. It's a game that for me took a bit to get the systems going but once I did it was awesome.

They hit you with a lot of help tips at the start of the game which is fine but they don't really sink in as you haven't had time to take it all in yet, and I ended up forgetting stuff.

Some tips that I missed that change the game when I rediscovered them:

-You can store stuff in car trunks. This is key for gathering supplies, putting them in the trunk and then going for more. Makes supply runs easy.

-Clear out the surrounding area of infestations/special zombies. Morale improves and you don't get as many popups to take care of.

-The sneak is okay but it ends up getting in the way. You can get by a few Z but one will spot you and you'll end up having to kill them all anyways. Just take them out as you go and it's no more than 1 or 2 at a time.

-Don't stay out too long. Go back to base and swap to a new character or you'll get tired faster and get overwhelmed and die.

I've had a great time with the game once I figured this stuff out.
Thanks for the info. I'll probably pick it up.

There are rumors, GFWL will be closed down this year. If this happens and Bulletstorm won't be patched, you can't play the game anymore.

So, if you get it, play through it quickly. Don't put it on your backlog!

Wrong.
Technically right, but still wrong.

If you install the game and try to play it in that state, yes, you can't play the game anymore.

If you replace some DLLs or crack the exe, you can play it just fine.

I am going to eat something and take my painkillers before I bite people's heads off again.

Send me some of those painkillers, cause I'm feeling very "GET OFF MY LAWN!" today... >_<

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
My man, what's up with enhanced steam? It is not working well for me lately... games on my wishlist aren't being highlighted almost at all, frequently games I own show up as unowned... I'm sitting here like "don't I own that?" and then I click and "why, yes, yes I do.".

Enhanced Steam's highlighting functions rely on Valve's API servers. They've been getting slammed since the sale started, and randomly time out. Nothing much I can do about that one.

My own servers (used for things like price history and external site data) are being slammed even more so, since I obviously don't have nearly the budget required to make this work for as many people as are trying to access the site.

Our Patreon campaign is at $100 a month now, which is excellent, but yesterday at the peak our servers had over 400,000 concurrent connections! Anyone who knows anything about servers will tell you that trying to service almost a half million people at once with a $100/month budget is an exercise in futility.

Where can I see if a Game has a family sharing lock?

There's a new feature of Enhanced Steam that will show you a notice if it's excluded. That is, when our servers are working (see above).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom