• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Walking Dead: Season 2 includes 3 episodes?

Season 1 had 5 episodes, or am I crazy?

I didn't play either of them, but I'm quite interested.

havent kept up with season 2 but yes season 1 had 5 episodes and i'm assuming it's following the same model

so how many remaining episodes are left, you'll be able to play them as they are released(assumign you bought the game)

Vibranium

Banned
The Walking Dead: Season 2 includes 3 episodes?

Season 1 had 5 episodes, or am I crazy?

I didn't play either of them, but I'm quite interested.

It's episodic like Season 1. S2 has released 3 episodes of content so far, by buying it you get the last two whenever Telltale feel like releasing them.

Enco

I think I think GOG's sale system better. Just rotate everything out every hour or so.
Agreed.

Wish they tried something new with their rotation.

I think I'll wait for TWD. I want all episodes available. Trying to stay away from episodic games. Too risky and annoying.

I have no idea where all the points for the 'Summer Adventure' team challenge come from. Sure, I know the theory behind it, but I got 4 trading cards and am far away from crafting my first badge, and in the meantime ~200.000 badges must have been crafted at Day 1. What the.... All the money that must have been spent. My brain.... explodes... out of words I am. Yoda off.

wrowa

That's the psychology of Winning.

No matter the cost, people always want to be on the winning team.

That's kinda scary, honestly. Though Steam's economoy is starting to freak me out, anyway. It's weird how many people are really into those meta-games that really are just about getting you to spend as much money as possible.

I mean, there's nothing wrong with that if you like that kind of stuff. It's just kinda scary (and yet fascinating) how much money Valve makes with practically nothing.

Okay, seriously, what's the deal with the teams? I thought only a selected few of the winning team get a few games from their wishlist for free, but there's got to be more to it, right? I mean, people aren't paying 20€ just to be on the winning team... or are they?
People are paying for the tokens. Weather they use them or not is hard to tell.

There is more to it. For contributing points (i.e. crafting a badge) you normally get one card drop at the end of the day (for each day you contribute points), but the winning team gets two!!! No, the card drops are not worth €20 in the slightest.

Acccent

Can't keep us down purple
qlAoFhS.png

man what's up with the font rendering! :s

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I change to a Gamora avatar and team green is dead last?

Guardians of the Galaxy confirmed bomb :(

Enco

That's kinda scary, honestly. Though Steam's economoy is starting to freak me out, anyway. It's weird how many people are really into those meta-games that really are just about getting you to spend as much money as possible.

I mean, there's nothing wrong with that if you like that kind of stuff. It's just kinda scary (and yet fascinating) how much money Valve makes with practically nothing.
Valve is great at getting money from people and giving very little in return.

They hire psychologists and all.

Users don't care and keep on going. Valve is good at what they do. That's why they get away with so much.

jakomocha

How much better is FC3: BD on PC compared to PS3? I own it on the PS3 but have never played it and the Gunslinger + Blood Dragon deal is really tempting.

Thatoneguy

Neo Member
I have state of decay breakdown. Is lifeline any good?

I am also wondering this. I'm curious on breakdown too. It sounds more interesting than lifeline.

I get addicted to State of Decay for about 2 or 3 days, then forget about it for a couple of months, so the DLC would have to be pretty good for me to pull the trigger.

liezryou

Users don't care and keep on going. Valve is good at what they do. That's why they get away with so much.

This is the first time I'm hearing of valve hiring psychologists. Proof?

Are you sure you are not talking about economists?

So is the FarCry pack a good enough deal? I've seen the Blood Dragon daily, but the pack seems to reflect that price.

Far Cry 1 was wonderful in its time, possibly one of the best open worldish shooters ever. However, it's aged like shit so I can't really recommend it. Plus, it gets REAL cheap by the end.

FC2 is considered a flawed gem. It has wonderful open world shooter gameplay but it also features constantly spawning enemies and boy, does that suck after a while.

FC3 is what happens when you fuse assassin creed into far cry. it's good, but it's not really difficult and it also loses some open world features that its predecessor has.

Haven't played Blood Dragon but i've heard that it's a great experience.

mclem

Risky market too as there's really no guarantee or pattern yet. Besides "Purple is usually #1".

That's the psychology of Winning.

No matter the cost, people always want to be on the winning team.

When I was at university, to make a bit of money I volunteered to be a stooge for some sort of psychological research. We played a game - I don't fully understand the details of it, or if there were details - which ended up giving each of four players a score in terms of prize money (the payment for the research). At which point each of us was offered a choice: The option to choose to reduce each score by an amount of our choice. One of those selections would be chosen, and that was our prize money.

In other words, the choice was between maximising the profit among all players, or nominally 'winning'. I was second after the initial game, so I could have lopped a few pounds off the winner and ended up in first place. Note that there wasn't any prize for winning; all of us earned the amount we earned.

I always suspected that was to test whether people would be more likely to play for the win or for maximising the profit across everyone.

I played nice.

That's a little unfair considering they practically have a monopoly on digital gaming on PC's, yet still offer some of the most amazing prices ever.

I mean, go take a look at the PSN sale Sony is putting on. The prices are crap and outside of sales, Origin, PSN, XBLA and UPlay prices are ATROCIOUS

Was about to ask how was Kane & Lynch 2, since I saw it for $2.50. Then I saw a GiantBomb review, and he said "I finished it on normal difficulty in 4 HOURS." Stopped the video right there, 4hrs is way too short for me. Especially for a game that I wasn't hearing that much good about from the reviewer anyways.

marrec

Banned

Psych 101, every single class, includes at least one discussion on what happens when you split a group of people into arbitrary teams. The two groups who have no knowledge of each other immediately get super competitive. Even if they've previously described themselves as non-competitive or the rewards for 'winning' are worth far less than the time they spend trying to win.

BearPawB

Banned
Was about to ask how was Kane & Lynch 2, since I saw it for $2.50. Then I saw a GiantBomb review, and he said "I finished it on normal difficulty in 4 HOURS." Stopped the video right there, 4hrs is way too short for me. Especially for a game that I wasn't hearing that much good about from the reviewer anyways.

$2.50 for four hours isn't bad....

Enco

This is the first time I'm hearing of valve hiring psychologists. Proof?

Are you sure you are not talking about economists?
I think it was talked about in one of the blog posts from a Valve economist.

Not sure if he directly said they have them but he talked about how they hire people with many different qualifications such as psychologists and so you should do what you love if you want to work for valve.

edit: here's a bit on their site: http://www.valvesoftware.com/jobs/job_postings.html

I think it's a sure thing. Not surprising.

That sounds perfect for a mediocre and cheap shooter actually. Why would you want to play it longer if it isn't very good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom