• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

liezryou

Oh guys, I just heard from Evilore. Starting tomorrow everyone who logs into GAF is going to be assigned a colour and every post you make gets you a point, every thread gets you 10 points. The team with the highest points at the end of the day gets a month of GAF Gold. Prepare yourselves!

Is this sarcasm or am i dreaming?

$2.50 for four hours isn't bad....

Good point, but I don't think I'd want to play a straight shooter for those 4hrs. In the review he said nothing ever changes up in the game, except for 1 scene. I probably would have bought it, even with the 4hrs if I didn't hear that part.

I'll look up another review, but I'm kinda on the negative at the moment about it.

Good point, but I don't think I'd want to play a straight shooter for those 4hrs. In the review he said nothing ever changes up in the game, except for 1 scene. I probably would have bought it, even with the 4hrs if I didn't hear that part.

I'll look up another review, but I'm kinda on the negative at the moment about it.
Hmmm. What's dissuading me is the lack of split-screen co-op. The first game has it, but the second game doesn't.

Acccent

Thanks for the info guys. I always thought that game companies should look into hiring psychologists. As always, valve (despite their flaws) have a good insight into the future of gaming.

heh. It's not just valve, pretty much any F2P company hires psychologists now. game design schools add psych classes, etc. the focus is shifting away from how to make great games into how to manipulate the players into thinking they're having fun. :(

Acccent

willy-wonka-tunnel-gif.gif

absolutely perfect use of that gif

liezryou

heh. It's not just valve, pretty much any F2P company hires psychologists now. game design schools add psych classes, etc. the focus is shifting away from how to make great games into how to manipulate the players into thinking they're having fun. :(

I see. Unfortunately I'm not privy to such information as I don't work in the games industry.

oti

Banned

Do you have a coop buddy? If so it could maybe be an okay game (I played through that game with a friend a few years ago). But there are so many other coop games out there.

Lizard with a ladder

learnin' with the blacks!
from the video it looks like the Fushigi no Dungeon series, am i right?

yeah, it's sorta like that. You start off with basic classes like a knight, swordmaster and unlock new abilities and other classes the more you play.

Maps are randomly generated and when you beat the boss you can carry over items or equips into the next play through.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
why is everyone purchasing One Way Heroics? cards? is actually good?

It's a really great game for less than a dollar.

Short thoughts on it:

For [insert low price here], this game turned out to be way better than it had any right to be. The gist is that you are a hero that has to go defeat a demon lord to stop darkness from consuming a randomly generated world. The concept of a forced side scrolling RPG is a pretty unique concept, so it felt fresh to me. Despite the ever looming darkness crawling towards you, the game is actually rather slow and calm for the most part, which might be a sticking point for some. The pace picks up when you're ambushed by bandits, or suddenly near death thanks to a strong version of a common enemy wrecking you, or you're in a dungeon and the darkness is about to swallow you before you can escape. Strategic thinking and planning your next move is important if you want to get good equipment to eventually face the demon lord while still outrunning the advancing screen. The actual gameplay is more on the simplistic side, but that's not really a bad thing here since it's still entertaining. I've seen some people dislike the particular pixel art style, but it didn't really bother me. It's a rouge-like, or rouge-lite if you prefer, and as with any good game in the genre, One Way Heroics tempts you into attempting just one more run each time. A successful run will net you Hero Points, which you can use to unlock perks, including lock-picking and having a feline companion help you, classes if you don't want to bother with meeting the prerequisites, or space in a vault to store items that will help you in your next run. It's just really addicting.

But then you look at the Summer Sale, and the color teams, and the fact that they're getting cuts of color shift tokens selling for $35, and how people are buying $10 worth of cards just to craft a badge to have an infinitesimally small chance of winning 3 games from a wishlist of games, and how all of us are changing our avatars to advertise for it and how we're gloating and bemoaning how a certain color bar is moving up and down and feeling some sense of satisfaction or grief... is it manipulation? Or are we warmly embracing it??

It's a worthwhile go-through for $2.50. I had fun with it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm afraid this can't even help my green team.

Not mine, it's actually going to purple :cry:

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Indie Game the Movie Bundle Giveaway

This is sitting in my inventory, thought I'd do a daytime raffle:)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

t1cxE6r.gif
Indie Game the Movie Bundle -- MB-2EC9BE4ADD5606A1 - Taken by 3phemeral. 8 entrants total.

t1403290351z1.png

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Trading is borked since yesterday. Been trying to buy RAGE, Pixel Piracy and M&B from a dude for over an hour, and all I'm getting is trade errors...What's even worse is that these are flash deals so If the problem doesn't go away in a few hours, I will be missing out on the deals :(

marrec

Banned
But then you look at the Summer Sale, and the color teams, and the fact that they're getting cuts of color shift tokens selling for $35, and how people are buying $10 worth of cards just to craft a badge to have an infinitesimally small chance of winning 3 games from a wishlist of games, and how all of us are changing our avatars to advertise for it and how we're gloating and bemoaning how a certain color bar is moving up and down and feeling some sense of satisfaction or grief... is it manipulation? Or are we warmly embracing it??

Well, are we having fun?

I have a question, it's not 100% related to the sale but you know well that it's going to be on sale at some point.

Does Borderland 2 handle travelling between objectives & mob respawn better then Borderland 1?

Because I couldn't handle the travel in the first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom