• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volimar

Gaben doesn't care about blue people.

Was thinking about TWD but naw, that game can wait. State of Decay and Gunslinger for now.

Last night when I was super sleepy, I saw a post talking about "TWD" and for a moment I thought "Oh my God, there's a 'The Vampire Diaries' game?!?!?!"

Leave me alone, I've got a cold.

Silky

Banned
SehHYvI.png

Level 20!!!!!

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Oh guys, I just heard from Evilore. Starting tomorrow everyone who logs into GAF is going to be assigned a colour and every post you make gets you a point, every thread gets you 10 points. The team with the highest points at the end of the day gets a month of GAF Gold. Prepare yourselves!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
will insta buy Teslagrad and Stick it to the man at those discounts

which means platform tier will lose of course :(

Seems like the lowest Resident Evil Revelations is going to hit is $12.50, judging from the DmC sale. Fuck, Capcom, lower the damn base price on those games already. You would think they would've learned from SSF4AE selling like hotcakes at $7.50 that putting games at a decent price actually, you know, gets them to sell.

Darkroronoa

So basically you can craft a badge every day and you can get your money back by selling the summer cards (1 from badge,1 from contributing to the adventure and maybe 1 more if your team wins).

I like it.

Only 2 more cards left for this summer sale.

What I have purchased so far:

Batman Arkham Origins
Super Meat Boy
Spore
Call of Juarez
Farcray 3 Blood Dragon
Farcray 2
Enslaved Odyssey to the west
DMC: Devil May Cry

oti

Banned
Was about to ask how was Kane & Lynch 2, since I saw it for $2.50. Then I saw a GiantBomb review, and he said "I finished it on normal difficulty in 4 HOURS." Stopped the video right there, 4hrs is way too short for me. Especially for a game that I wasn't hearing that much good about from the reviewer anyways.

Wish more games would be 4h long. And it's just $2.50. It's K&L2 though...

DukeBobby

Was about to ask how was Kane & Lynch 2, since I saw it for $2.50. Then I saw a GiantBomb review, and he said "I finished it on normal difficulty in 4 HOURS." Stopped the video right there, 4hrs is way too short for me. Especially for a game that I wasn't hearing that much good about from the reviewer anyways.

I enjoyed the game, but yeah, it's far too short. It doesn't really have an ending, either.

Cheddahz

Banned
If Papers, Please goes on a flash deal in a little bit (or whenever it gets cheaper), can someone let me know? My mom wants to play it and I feel like getting it for her

liezryou

I think it was talked about in one of the blog posts from a Valve economist.

Not sure if he directly said they have them but he talked about how they hire people with many different qualifications such as psychologists and so you should do what you love if you want to work for valve.

edit: here's a bit on their site: http://www.valvesoftware.com/jobs/job_postings.html

I think it's a sure thing. Not surprising.

Thanks for the info guys. I always thought that game companies should look into hiring psychologists. As always, valve (despite their flaws) have a good insight into the future of gaming.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Someone needs to wake up Salsa so he can update the OP with today's deals.

why is everyone purchasing One Way Heroics? cards? is actually good?

Game is an absolute steal for $0.87.

Oh guys, I just heard from Evilore. Starting tomorrow everyone who logs into GAF is going to be assigned a colour and every post you make gets you a point, every thread gets you 10 points. The team with the highest points at the end of the day gets a month of GAF Gold. Prepare yourselves!

3ac9424c295f8189ae072673c8052c3a04d08f6c633d01e55607818e72073877.jpg

I should buy all the cards and get new games cheap as hell from TF2outpost. I feel like Valve might do something that almost completely devalues them forever though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom