• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadin

Does anyone have a screen of the points total for the previous day?
Just go to the main Steam store page and click on "Purple wins Day 1".

But if you can't do that, here ya go.

MWfMfvO.png

fantomena

Holy shit at that Good Friends Bit Trip Runner 2 DLC. I usually never buy that kind of DLCs (Im more into real story DLC content), but that looks amazing. It even has the character to the best indie game ever in it.

Trading is borked since yesterday. Been trying to buy RAGE, Pixel Piracy and M&B from a dude for over an hour, and all I'm getting is trade errors...What's even worse is that these are flash deals so If the problem doesn't go away in a few hours, I will be missing out on the deals :(

I've generated so many junk backgrounds and emoticons as a result of crafting badges, and I've just barely been able to trade with Trashbot - I get errors most of the time.

Santiako

I have a question, it's not 100% related to the sale but you know well that it's going to be on sale at some point.

Does Borderland 2 handle travelling between objectives & mob respawn better then Borderland 1?

Because I couldn't handle the travel in the first.

Yes, enemies won't respawn in 2 minutes like the first one. It takes a long time in BL2.

Regarding the summer wishlist winners.

It says you win 3 games of your wishlist, does that mean you should only have 3 games on your wishlist to guarantee you win the ones you really want?

Or is there a minimum number of games to be on the wishlist like in previous Sales (e.g. before it was 10)?

Or if you win do you just get to pick 3 games for yourself off your wishlist?

EDIT:
Did I choose well, fellow purp brehs?

n47sIub.png

8BVEL2S.png

9mZJQJN.png

Did you get to choose the games you won or were they random? How many games were on your wishlist if it was random?

It's not much, but I hope someone has fun!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

A Virus Named Tom -- MB-6DEF108F2A29F32A - Taken by HP_Wuvcraft
Worm's Reloaded -- MB-1F2DD91C8C475CCC - Taken by _woLf
Bastion -- MB-B69D83589652B62B - Taken by Clown_im_OP
Anodyne -- MB-40DB4B2AB5F899E4 - Taken by Leg-End
Anomaly Korea -- MB-4C72135139BCEBB0 - Taken by Rhaknar
FTL -- MB-45AD2ABC9594772F - Taken by llehuty
Limbo -- MB-2DE07BA9A96DF5EE - Taken by Bel_Air_Jeff

Acccent

is it manipulation? Or are we warmly embracing it??

Those aren't mutually exclusive :p we're all embracing it because it's very good manipulation. There's nothing there; just like someone else said earlier, it's the simple act of creating groups and pitting them against each other that triggers this competitive behaviour into our brains, because we're mostly wired to work that way, and if we're not we're at least wired to try not letting teammates down.

Now of course the definition of 'manipulation' is fuzzy... What I mean is that this, just like F2P mechanics (and some non-F2P as well, like Ubi's collecto-mania for instance) are meant to appeal to very 'low-level' human instincts, they're not 'sophisticated' experiences. If Valve wanted to make a 'Summer adventure' they could totally have created something whimsical that encouraged discovery, cooperation, reflection, you name it. Instead thay made something that somehow makes you addicted to your F5 key while 90% of your brain shuts off to let the part that's in charge of spending money work more efficiently.

edit: thanks for the replies re. yesterday's scores

pxleyes

Banned
Far Cry 1 was wonderful in its time, possibly one of the best open worldish shooters ever. However, it's aged like shit so I can't really recommend it. Plus, it gets REAL cheap by the end.

FC2 is considered a flawed gem. It has wonderful open world shooter gameplay but it also features constantly spawning enemies and boy, does that suck after a while.

FC3 is what happens when you fuse assassin creed into far cry. it's good, but it's not really difficult and it also loses some open world features that its predecessor has.

Haven't played Blood Dragon but i've heard that it's a great experience.

Thanks for the thoughts. May hold off for a bit as its a sale-long one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom