• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Yes there is, ALL team members win one random game from their wishlist.

u445.jpg

Hmmm. What's dissuading me is the lack of split-screen co-op. The first game has it, but the second game doesn't.

I knew it had coop, but didn't know it was online coop only. I would have preferred split-screen for this kind of game.

Do you have a coop buddy? If so it could maybe be an okay game (I played through that game with a friend a few years ago). But there are so many other coop games out there.

Sadly, no coop buddy for me for this game. I don't think I'm going to get it anyways. I watched 2 more reviews, and they said the same thing that the GiantBomb review said.

Soroc

I guess its time to get Amnesia 2 A Machine for Pigs.

Anyone have RPG Maker thats on sale? Thinking about trying it out and playing about... Is it worth it?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
thanks for Anomaly Korea orthodoxy, been eyeing it since I mised the bundle with it and I loved the first one

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Anyone know what's up with the "HOT" icon next to some of the Modbot giveaway games? Never seen that before.

I wonder what would happen if you won free games from your wishlist and picked games that had been delisted. Would they give them to you or make you choose again?

Here are my opinions on the sale from a perspective of a total newcomer to steam.

Before the sale started my mindset was calm with a bit of excitement. I made good preparations by wish-listing games I realistically deemed worthy of my time and planned to play in the immediate future. I didn't get all the hype posts with "I'm gonna be broke", "Gonna buy stupid stuff" etc.
I had a certain amount of budget as a fixture in my head, where I was sure it would be more than enough.

Then the sale started and I kept calm at first. The dailies were not on my wishlist. Still Far Cry 3 intrigued me and I kept checking price histories (Enhanced Steam, yay). Still I was sure I didn't actually need it - it was not on my planned list. I bit the bullet and added 25€ to my Steam wallet and bought the game.

This changed everything. No longer am I calm, as my eyes glaze to my wallet balance. I find myself almost buying games that were not on my long-planned wishlist. Almost like a shipwrecked man who can't quench his thirst after the first gulp of sea water.

I am now this.
I am not in control I realize now. Steam surely has put some great effort not only into making us buy games but race to throw our money at them.
Man, marketing is a dangerous thing.
Bill Hicks was on point.

So, what now? I feel like things are going to balance out. But I see my old way of thinking is not fully applicable anymore.

I guess I'm gonna take a break for some hours. Thanks Steam-Gaf for being helpful!

Lomax

I wonder what would happen if you won free games from your wishlist and picked games that had been delisted. Would they give them to you or make you choose again?

It specifically says games that can be purchased, so presumably it would just go to the next one on your list.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Huh, I voted three times in the community vote, but I didn't get a card. Nice start :(

Here are my opinions on the sale from a perspective of a total newcomer to steam.

Before the sale started my mindset was calm with a bit of excitement. I made good preparations by wish-listing games I realistically deemed worthy of my time and planned to play in the immediate future. I didn't get all the hype posts with "I'm gonna be broke", "Gonna buy stupid stuff" etc.
I had a certain amount of budget as a fixture in my head, where I was sure it would be more than enough.

Then the sale started and I kept calm at first. The dailies were not on my wishlist. Still Far Cry 3 intrigued me and I kept checking price histories (Enhanced Steam, yay). Still I was sure I didn't actually need it - it was not on my planned list. I bit the bullet and added 25€ to my Steam wallet and bought the game.

This changed everything. No longer am I calm, as my eyes glaze to my wallet balance. I find myself almost buying games that were not on my long-planned wishlist. Almost like a shipwrecked man who can't quench his thirst after the first gulp of sea water.

I am now this.

haha, this is my first steam sale too. Here I was 'i'm gonna be able to get the games on my wishlist for cheap! Yey!'. Then I started seeing all these other awesome games on daily/flash deals that I hadn't heard of before, but somehow now NEED.

Turfster

I know! Usually I do them at night when I'm home but I'm pretty checked out at work today so I'm surfing this thread to pass the time.

Your free time at work is everyone's gain ;)

Guh. Just crafted my badge, nothing but common crap.
No token for me.

Purple just farted out 4k points within ten minutes. WHERE THEY KEEP PULLING THAT MONEY FROM!?

11 of those were mine!
eleven

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom