• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crayons

Banned
I love being purple.

History-Romans0_2192781b.jpg

Kadin

Just recently learned of Divinity: Original Sin. Go easy guys. Can the entire game be played online co-op with a friend or is it some secondary feature of the game? I might be able to talk a buddy into buying it if we can play through the whole game together.

Also, it seems at first glance to have many typical MMO-type features but in a single/co-op setting. Would that be accurate? Cause if so, I'm pretty much sold.

Why am I tempted to get Spore? I know that game disappointed me aside from the first couple phases of evolution, yet I'm drawn to it at that price. God I hate
love
these sales.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
is the dino origin game worth 99 cents

Here's my stance on it.

Do you have friends to play it with? Yes or no?

If no, then no. If yes, then continue...

Do you like dinosaurs? Yes or no?

Do you only like B-Tier shoddy games with some hilarious moments? Yes or no?

Is experiencing a shoddy game with dinosaurs that's only really fun in multiplayer and the most fun parts have nothing to do with your in-game objective worth a dollar to you? Yes or no?

If no, then no. If yes, then sure.

It's not as bad I think as some paint it out to be, but I also wouldn't say it's good, but I've had some stupid fun in it with friends.

Be interesting to see if the other people were US Based too. With Valve being a US Based Company they sort of have to comply to US laws regarding competitions which means only US Citizens can win.

Unless this is classed as raffle, maybe.

But looking back I can't think of anyone outside of the US who has 'won' anything from Valve. Even the Steam Machines ended up going US only due to regulations and laws.

Here's my stance on it.

Do you have friends to play it with? Yes or no?

Do you like dinosaurs? Yes or no?

Do you only like B-Tier shoddy games with some hilarious moments? Yes or no?

Is experiencing a shoddy game with dinosaurs that's only really fun in multiplayer and the most fun parts have nothing to do with your in-game objective worth a dollar to you? Yes or no?

If no, then no. If yes, then sure.

It's not as bad I think as some paint it out to be, but I also wouldn't say it's good, but I've had some stupid fun in it with friends.

Hahaha love this. Almost makes me want to buy it. Almost.

Garcia

Be interesting to see if the other people were US Based too. With Valve being a US Based Company they sort of have to comply to US laws regarding competitions which means only US Citizens can win.

But looking back I can think of anyone outside of the US who has 'won' anything from Valve. Even the Steam Machines ended up going US only due to regulations and laws.

Very interesting. Would be nice to know if the winners of the 3 games were US residents.

Turfster

But looking back I can think of anyone outside of the US who has 'won' anything from Valve. Even the Steam Machines ended up going US only due to regulations and laws.

If this was true, it would cause a shitstorm of epic proportions.

Lomax

I feel like if it was US only that would be in big bright letters somewhere. Since they only give out prizes that can be purchased, presumably region locks and the like would apply to the winners. I can't see any real reason it would have a restriction otherwise. Giving away digital goods is a lot different than sending a physical product like the steam machines. Not to mention shipping costs.

marrec

Banned
Hmmm should I buy TWD season 2? I really enjoyed the first. Is this the cheapest it will go do we think?

Anything that is featured on sale is the cheapest it will go this sale.

There's no reason to wait if something is on Daily or Community or Flash.

The game itself is disappointing though.

Very interesting. Would be nice to know if the winners of the 3 games were US residents.

If this was true, it would cause a shitstorm of epic proportions.

Trying to find the T&Cs, which I saw yesterday, but can't seem to find today! I noticed you can become eligible by simple sending your name and info to valve via letter too.

I feel like if it was US only that would be in big bright letters somewhere. Since they only give out prizes that can be purchased, presumably region locks and the like would apply to the winners. I can't see any real reason it would have a restriction otherwise. Giving away digital goods is a lot different than sending a physical product like the steam machines. Not to mention shipping costs.

You say that but there was a big shit storm on twitch last month about giveaways being hosted on their site. Seemingly they had drawn attention from someone somewhere as they suddenly stopped all giveaways unless they were US Citizens only. Later they changed it so you had to put a clear disclaimer saying that the giveaways were not hosted or endorsed by twitch.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Green... GREEEEEEEEEN

AnimatedCapitalGarpike.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
you cant use 20% voucher with credit on GMG?

GREEN stays losing :(

Jonm1010

Banned
It's the ps3 port and it's horrible, so nay

Thats disappointing. I really wanted to play a Dynasty Warriors but want a good one and don't want to pay $50 for one.

The reviews on the Steam page seem to be pretty good but I trust GAF over other places any day.

marrec

Banned
Green... GREEEEEEEEEN

AnimatedCapitalGarpike.gif

Green's is a story of the highest highs and the lowest lows.

We're basically watching as our city burns to the ground and Bane taunts us with his stupid mouth-piece and weird accent and dorito breath.

We'll come back as soon as we can beat up this prison full of thugs known as Steam Summer Sale community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom