• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonm1010

Banned
I'm working through Dishonored from the last steam sale.. is this game supposed to get better? Kind of lackluster so far :(

How far are you?

It honestly didn't click for me until the second or third level. I remember starting and stopping the game at least twice unitl I pushed on due to the great reviews and I am very glad I did. Ended up one of my favorite games from last gen.

Helmholtz

I loved, loved, loved the first Walking Dead game. But for some reason I'm very hesitant with season 2. My main concerns are 1. not sure if I want to play as clementine, 2. some key writers left the team afaik (sean vannaman, jake rodkin), 3. not all the episodes are out yet.
I might have to just wait until the next major sale to decide.
I personally don't think it's worth 12.50. It's a big step down from the first Season.
Hearing things like this makes me think I might have to just skip it. I really don't want to retroactively ruin the amazing experience I had playing the first game.

Water

Public service announcement

According to steamdb.info/sales/, the cheapest game of the sale in EU1 region is Defy Gravity Extended, costing all of 19 cents. It has Steam Trading Cards, and at current card prices the cards you get out of the game will sell for 45 cents. Math is not my strong point but I suspect one could describe this as a decent deal.

For me this was the first buy of the sale. Until now I've just been selling cards and items to build a bank of 50e.

Deitus

Do you guys think the Walking dead season 2 will go any lower ?

Others have already answered you, but sales never go lower than the daily deal prices. The only exception are price glitches, and those are usually fixed within a few minutes so you can't count on that.

However, the full season 2 of TWD is not out yet, so the next time it is on sale after the full season is out (which would obviously be months away), it will probably be cheaper.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
You have one new inventory.

Please be a foil, please be a foil, ple-

xtnZPjS.png

7mkN6gU.gif

That feel. That feel.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
I wonder if nobody had GTAV on his wishlist spots or if Valve skips the games not available for pre-order...

GTA V is not available for pre-purchase yet. If it was, trust me, you would have seen a lot of it on that list

AkuMifune

Banned
I loved, loved, loved the first Walking Dead game. But for some reason I'm very hesitant with season 2. My main concerns are 1. not sure if I want to play as clementine, 2. some key writers left the team afaik (sean vannaman, jake rodkin), 3. not all the episodes are out yet.
I might have to just wait until the next major sale to decide.

Hearing things like this makes me think I might have to just skip it. I really don't want to retroactively ruin the amazing experience I had playing the first game.

I had the same concerns, especially about Sean and Jake leaving, but Season 2 has been fantastic so far. Definitely recommended.

Yakkue

According to steamdb.info/sales/, the cheapest game of the sale in EU1 region is Defy Gravity Extended, costing all of 19 cents. It has Steam Trading Cards, and at current card prices the cards you get out of the game will sell for 45 cents. Math is not my strong point but I suspect one could describe this as a decent deal.

For me this was the first buy of the sale. Until now I've just been selling cards and items to build a bank of 50e.

Huh, and the game actually looks like it might be fun. Thanks!

Vuze

GTA V is not available for pre-purchase yet. If it was, trust me, you would have seen a lot of it on that list
Pity, updating my wishlist now just in case

Thanks for the heads up!

Do you guys think the Walking dead season 2 will go any lower ?

Always buy whatever you want the very second you think you might want it. Buy everything RIGHT NOW. If the universe or god or something else wanted you to do something different, why would you want that thing at the precise moment you wanted it?

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
How far are you?

It honestly didn't click for me until the second or third level. I remember starting and stopping the game at least twice unitl I pushed on due to the great reviews and I am very glad I did. Ended up one of my favorite games from last gen.

On the second level. I'll stick with it, thanks.

Mrbob

Wonder if Valve is going to remix teams after a couple days. I hope not as Team Purple seems to have a legit shot to win every day.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Also, Gunslinger is a great FPS. Just recently finished, highly recommend to anyone that likes a good shooter.

Others have already answered you, but sales never go lower than the daily deal prices. The only exception are price glitches, and those are usually fixed within a few minutes so you can't count on that.

However, the full season 2 of TWD is not out yet, so the next time it is on sale after the full season is out (which would obviously be months away), it will probably be cheaper.

Unless they have some super secret sale that we're all not privy to but you are.

Then no, it will not go any lower.

I personally don't think it's worth 12.50. It's a big step down from the first Season.

http://store.steampowered.com/promotion/summer2014faq/

click "Free Games" under the rewards tier

Not this sale. If it hit a daily that is as low as it will go.

Got it, thank you all.

urrrg...

I funded my wallet with paypal this morning.
I'm now locked out of the market until it "automatically verifies".

How long does this take again?!

Thats disappointing. I really wanted to play a Dynasty Warriors but want a good one and don't want to pay $50 for one.

The reviews on the Steam page seem to be pretty good but I trust GAF over other places any day.
The PS3 version looks better than the PS4 version in some places, so it shouldn't matter what it looks like. :/

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
urrrg...

I funded my wallet with paypal this morning.
I'm now locked out of the market until it "automatically verifies".

How long does this take again?!

Was paypal a new payment method? If that's the case I'm afraid you will be locked out of the market for a week

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
To anyone dropping a ModBot raffle right now; a large raffle by KenOD is currently going on in another thread right now. ModBot can only process three games per heartbeat at 45 seconds per heartbeat. So if you give away a game in the next maybe 10-15 minutes, it might take a little while for your game to be processed. Not that this should stop you, just don't freak out if you post a giveaway and it's not done right that second or whatever.

mh, this is weird

no pre-orders that arent available for purchase yet

I mean, I find it hard to believe none of those 30 people would have GTAV in there

They already said they only paid out games that are available to purchase.

-MD-

Thats disappointing. I really wanted to play a Dynasty Warriors but want a good one and don't want to pay $50 for one.

The reviews on the Steam page seem to be pretty good but I trust GAF over other places any day.

It's the best version of the game lol.

Dude said it's horrible? The fuck...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom