• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

Damnit Team Red.... get it together. I've made my contributions to the team and now we're falling behind.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-23506-1360638936-4.gif
Don't worry. Our enemies will fall eventually.

j9vAca7FFP4rg.png

Especially purple. He may rule now, but who knows what will happen.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
cDqPGB1.png

Maybe I am interpreting that wrong though. I took it to mean no repeats, but it does not specifically say that. But it does say you can give it away or trade it, so... in essence, no repeats?

What it's saying is that if you win two days in a row due to some statistical fluke, you need more games on your wishlist. Not that I can't win something because you previously did.

Edit: The confusion is that your original post said that games have to be:
[*]Have not been previously won during this contest (no repeats allowed!)

I'm slowly amassing some giftables for you guys, will probably do a giveaway halfway through the sale or right after.

Good sales so far. I'm not hot on State of Decay or nearly all survival games, but Call of Juarez and Marlow Briggs have entered my library. Voted for Cyberpunk pack, since Shadowrun deserves that discount.

rtcn63

There should be a token that stops another team from accruing points with a certain period. A token that is only colored purple.

Quantum

ugh - seriously considering putting some money into my steam account to help my virtual team win a virtual daily game to increase my odds of winning a digital game that I'm likely buying at the end of the virtual competition/sale anyway.

thus spending more than I would if I just bought the game on sale without putting extra money into the account while re-enforcing my desire to own the game.

just brilliant - I understand and can describe the logic but choose to ignore it.

Go Red!

aku:jiki

I enjoyed it. I have a positive experience. I have shared that with someone else in the form of a recommendation. No contradictions here. No lies. I lie would be I really enjoyed it, not worth getting. As I ultimately believe it is worth getting. Fool.
But be honest with your recommendations. You didn't really get anywhere in the game, did you? Maybe spent like 3 hours on it and got to the first office upgrade then eventually went bankrupt and never played it again? Because there's no way you can have dug any deeper and recommend it as a good game, since in order to have any idea what you're doing in the long run, you have to read all of this shit:

http://gamedevtycoon.wikia.com/wiki/Review_Algorithm
http://gamedevtycoon.wikia.com/wiki/Tech_and_Design_Points_Generation_Algorithm
http://gamedevtycoon.wikia.com/wiki/Sales_Algorithm
http://gamedevtycoon.wikia.com/wiki/Staff

The game hardly explains any of this, but you cannot beat the game without the knowledge. The algorithms are incredibly vague and weird. Like how can you make a game that sells 10 million copies, but if you make a sequel two years later with a higher budget and more skilled programmers working on it and a high innovation value, it gets a 0/10 review score and bankrupts your company immediately? I don't know, but the game thinks that makes sense.

It's one of the most unintuitive, poorly explained and ultimately frustrating games I've played in years.

I haven't seen this much blatant cheating at a Valve contest since the Soldier vs. Demoman War was robbed in broad daylight by pro-Soldier criminals.

I don't know how you're doing it, but I hope you're all ashamed of yourselves.

Palehorse

Man....red and purple neck and neck. I can't look. I know that at the end of the day it'll be redredred and then boom...purple out of nowhere.

#GOTEAMRED

I haven't seen this much blatant cheating at a Valve contest since the Soldier vs. Demoman War was robbed in broad daylight by pro-Soldier criminals.

I don't know how you're doing it, but I hope you're all ashamed of yourselves.
Not hard to rob a blind man even in broad daylight.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I'm just curious if the team wins and someone from Russialand is chosen will his gifts be region locked?

the games get added to your account, you dont keep them in your inventory or something

Just got Enslaved, Blood Dragon and Call of Juarez Gunslinger

I had my eyes on these three titles for a while ^_^

I won't be building a new PC anytime soon, but I will enjoy these games when I build one.

Gonna plug one of my personal favorites again;

Oh shit, Vangers is on sale at 75% off!

This game is fucking weird as shit. It's an action-CRPG where you pilot vehicles of varying types across a voxel-graphics, deformable overworld either to trade for greater gear and sponduli or to blow the stuff out of your competitors in combat. The story and world-building is some of the best (and most obscure) I've yet seen in a game; there's nothing more frightening than how your advisors react when you bring them the wrong Cirt. Game's challenging thanks to tough AI and wrasslin' with the bumpy, unforgiving roads you have to travel, but your ability to spring violently into the air on a whim makes combat and exploration equally as fun. After an hour or two, the game really opens up, and you can either find all the secrets of the first world you start in or progress through a tumultuous story campaign onto the next planet.
Get this if you want a truly weird, undiscriminating CRPG with voxel claymation and your own car catapult. I keep seeing all of these indies getting attention, but not this game. It doesn't even belong to the indie movement and is already more strange and attractive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom