• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
So did I read correctly you can actually pay money to switch teams? Wtf?

You can purchase a token on the market that will manually switch your team to the chosen color. Current prices are Purple ~US$29.00; Red ~US$14.00; Pink ~US$10.00; Blue, Green ~US$8.00.

Yesterday's prices were Purple ~US$45.00; Red,Pink, Blue, and Green ~US$13.00.

I put Prey as #1 on my wishlist, just in case. It's not gonna happen, but man wouldn't that be sweet?

Titles have to be currently purchasable. Steam can't legally sell the licences for Prey anymore.

Mrbob

I put a request in to change purple to Arya Stark. Do whatever it takes to survive and not give a damn!

god fucking dammit purple. this was supposed to be red's day. WHY CAN'T YOU JUST LET TEAM RED HAVE THIS.

YqlNQvS.gif

Volimar

Purple takes lead day one.

People pay to switch to purple.

Purple is swollen with new members (teehee) who have proven their willingness to pay to win

Purple continues to lead every day

Valve makes profit

wildfire

Banned
surely I cant be the only one that thinks the tokens to change teams and steal points completely destroyed and sullied this meta?

it all looks so fucking shady now

I have to agree. When I first heard about that I thought the teams with the lowest lead would gang up on the leader but there isn't much interest to do that while second place reaps all the rewards for that effort.

So it just becomes a game of the top 2 stealing from each other until the sale is nearly over and both teams have exhausted their stealing reserves.

If Valve only wanted to reward one team I think they should've removed that and the ability to defect.

hard_way_by_majorparsnip-d7n7pn8.jpg

Whoop whoop.

Wow, you made it!
How many deaths, may I ask you? :D
Joking aside I know that area is veeery hard, I tried it for maybe an hour or so and only made it some times to the top room and a little down again.

Edit: I assumed this is one of those player levels, it is very similar to another part in the main game only it is much harder.

Mrbob

If people are paying to switch teams them I don't see how Valve mixes things up. Red is going to need an infusion or it just may be Team Purple every day.

Purple takes lead day one.

People pay to switch to purple.

Purple is swollen with new members (teehee) who have proven their willingness to pay to win

Purple continues to lead every day

Valve makes profit

Glad I got sent to the winning team right away. I can put my feet up, relax, and enjoy the potential rewards.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
I like that a lot of people from here will be spending more money on this shady meta than actual games.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
lol yeah, the meta is too crazy for me this time. I'll craft the sale badge as usual though.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Ah shit. I cant believe I missed Agarest and Agarest Zero on my first Steam sale. It was a flash deal! OMG... >.> Sigh.

just sold a Agarest Zero Waifu card (normal, not even foil) for 0.65€ if that makes you feel any better?

tumblr_m9s286ce2F1remjz9o1_400.jpg

the games will probably come back as dailies dont worry

Chariot

such random pictures for this
I mostly went with colors, but also a bit with the positions the teams are in. Purple is the leading prick that needs to be slapped, for example. For green I had actually Mace planned, but I found no good picture, so I went with her. And the last tokens are not created yet.
Blue was at the first place some time of the first day, but then they lost their head.

And pink... pink is the king of pimps.

Nzyme32

Ugh. Fuck.

Not quite, not everyone is in a team yet. Those who continue to join will likely not be in Purple. Further to that, Valve can moderate by offsetting the Tokens to those not in Purple. In the end this is also how they balance many of their game's economies to ensure their economies are healthy and avoid events such as liquidity crisis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom