• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakomocha

What happened to the green team today?!

LEcAKS.gif

Sorry I'm reposting this so quickly, but things get buried fast in this thread.

I think something that's most likely happening with the sale Meta is that there are popular traders who end up funneling a lot of sales points into their teams. They'd also be getting heaps of cards but they might be selling them to boost profit.

I think Valve made mistake with this metagame. People are willing spend amazing amount of money on cards, that's true, but I still believe that games make them more money, they should have setup this in such a way, that team points were awarded for buying games, not only for badges. But then again, may be that would be too complicated.

At this point during Steams lifespan you have a bunch of people who have bought all the games they'd want during the previous sales. Now they have a new way to get money from those people not buying as many games now.

Chariot

I think Valve made mistake with this metagame. People are willing spend amazing amount of money on cards, that's true, but I still believe that games make them more money, they should have setup this in such a way, that team points were awarded for buying games, not only for badges. But then again, may be that would be too complicated.
Yeah, Valve is essentielly screwing 4 of the 5 teams, so aside from the initiall boost they won't get much out of them if there is no chance to win.

demolitio

DayZ and for more than %15 off. :c

The last update was a huge improvement and it sounds like a lot of big things are coming in the near future, so it'd be the perfect time to have a decent sale.

I was so burned out on it in the beginning but the more features they add, the more addicted I get.

Turfster

What if this whole team thing was rigged from the start and purple team was handcrafted by a team of valve employees to win.

Eh. Purple is going to win every day, giving me false hope before mercilessly crushing it over and over again.
This is my life now.

Tenrius

I hate it when older games get no discount at all. Like MDK2 HD or Pirates Odyssey: To Each His Own (I was going to recommend this game and the series it belongs too, but looks like the game is Russian-only, there is no English version lol, and the previous entries are not on Steam). These publishers just don't know what's up.

I'd also like to remind everyone that I'm currently helping people get anything from the Russian store for that exact price: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=117448007&postcount=8374

Arthea

At this point during Steams lifespan you have a bunch of people who have bought all the games they'd want during the previous sales. Now they have a new way to get money from those people not buying as many games now.

That's true, but people with huge game collections are still minority and I wasn't saying that crafting shouldn't be rewarded anyways.

I don't know, someone might have a few to giveaway at the end of the sale.

why not now!?

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

One Way Heroics -- MB-F878F52A09EE512D - Taken by nexen. 9 entrants total.

t1403298905z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom