• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunted

Thanks, KenOD!

I was in Team Purple yet didn't get 3 games from my wishlist, so this sale is basically over for me. #boycott

I think Valve made mistake with this metagame. People are willing spend amazing amount of money on cards, that's true, but I still believe that games make them more money, they should have setup this in such a way, that team points were awarded for buying games, not only for badges. But then again, may be that would be too complicated.

Yes, I agree, they need to use Coal (Sand for summer?) to encourage more game purchases instead! That would be fantastic.

Kyougar

I feel like Valve is loosing big money if Purple wins again on day 2 and 3. The other teams are likely to give up or the whales are switching teams. Look at green blue and pink today.
Red is fighting for their honor because of last day, but they will come to understand that its a futile fight.

In the end, valve pisses off 80% of their participating Summersale audience.

cdofsOh.png

team green right now

I'd laugh if it wasn't so damn true :(

Literally 12 out of my 13 real life friends on steam got put on team purple while I'm on Team Green.

OmegaDL50

WULK8DC.jpg

You Green Lantern guys were supposed to be the best? What happened?

It would seem the power of will isn't strong enough.

Tor lorek san, bor nakka mur, Natromo faan tornek wot ur, Ter lantern ker lo Abin Sur, Taan lek lek nok -- Formorrow Sur!

rtcn63

Even if they did something like reset teams each day, someone(s) will probably find some way to game the system. Nature of the beast.

Arthea

valve should scramble the teams after each day, would be more fair :p

being unfair and all, that would make them less money, as in being more random and people caring less.

also I don't think that some of theories discussed here have any basis, for example massive team switching never could have happened, tokens being very rare. It might be not as unfair, as you people think.

Teggy

Am I missing something? Since you can switch teams won't everyone that can switch to purple for the rest of the sale?

Should be new teams every day.

Milabrega

Maybe all the games that have been on sale day 1 and 2 just happen to appeal to Purple team tastes and we're all just using up our wallets in these early days so you lesser teams can swoop in and win in the later days?

AkuMifune

Banned
I feel like Valve is loosing big money if Purple wins again on day 2 and 3. The other teams are likely to give up or the whales are switching teams. Look at green blue and pink today.
Red is fighting for their honor because of last day, but they will come to understand that its a futile fight.

In the end, valve pisses off 80% of their participating Summersale audience.

By the end, everyone will be on the same team. And then Valve gifts HL3 to everyone.

It's a statement.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I hate it when older games get no discount at all. Like MDK2 HD or Pirates Odyssey: To Each His Own (I was going to recommend this game and series, but looks like it's Russian-only, there is no English version lol). These publishers just don't know what's up.

I'd also like to remind everyone that I'm currently helping people get anything from the Russian store at face value: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=117448007&postcount=8374

Indiana Jones & the Fate of Atlantis not being on sale is a bummer :/

why not now!?

Because I'm trying to get more card money from that foil :p

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
WULK8DC.jpg

You Green Lantern guys were supposed to be the best? What happened?

It would seem the power of will isn't strong enough.

Tor lorek san, bor nakka mur, Natromo faan tornek wot ur, Ter lantern ker lo Abin Sur, Taan lek lek nok -- Formorrow Sur!

Purple = Indigo Tribe ?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Am I missing something? Since you can switch teams won't everyone that can switch to purple for the rest of the sale?

Should be new teams every day.

What you're missing is you have to pay money to switch teams.

Kuroyume

Banned
Such a stupid meta game. Still miss the achievements game from Christmas a few years ago that forced me to play crap games like Champions online and gang wars.

Mrbob

Maybe all the games that have been on sale day 1 and 2 just happen to appeal to Purple team tastes and we're all just using up our wallets in these early days so you lesser teams can swoop in and win in the later days?

Do purchases help towards the total? Then I guess I did contribute yesterday to purple by purchasing Divinity Original Sin.

aku:jiki

I'm pretty sure there has been none so far.
No, there was one and it was one of the games I really wanted! Only sales pickup I've actually played so far, and for 3 hours no less.

It was A Wizard's Lizard, a Binding of Isaac clone. They accidently doubled their launch discount and made it 68% off.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Red gave a good effort but the fat, lumpy whales that make up Purple charged ahead for the inevitable.

Some guy - who shall remain anonymous until I see fit - on my friend list has single-handedly provided team purple with 100 points so far. And Jase has brought them 60.

This is sick.

Hackers

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Well, if you are willing to, but those tokens do drop, right?

Yes but only when crafting the Summer Sale badge, and only very rarely. AKA you're probably better off buying the token if you want to switch teams.

Why don't all you other 3 loser teams just give us Red Team™ people all your cards so atleast someone will beat Purple? You know it's the right thing to do.

SmithnCo

Purple takes lead day one.

People pay to switch to purple.

Purple is swollen with new members (teehee) who have proven their willingness to pay to win

Purple continues to lead every day

Valve makes profit

Why I gotta root for red here. Down with purps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom