• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, a lot of people want to get into Team Purple. I don't know, the odds of being one of the 30 chosen don't really justify the cost of buying a token, I think. I'm gonna stick with Team Pink until the end, haha.

Copons

Over 34000 people are wanting to buy one the moment it drops to around 28€.
There are currently 2 for sale at 34€

This is hilarious, even more because at first I read it as $ and just then I realized they were prices in €.

So then I guess I'm literally LMAO.

Goodness me. Learn some refinement.

Green team isn't refined
green-toilet.jpg

As a purple team traitor I'm selling summer cards back into the pool instead of crafting, c'mon, it's more fun for everybody.

As a reward I'd like those TF2 packs please.

firen

Wow, a lot of people want to get into Team Purple. I don't know, the odds of being one of the 30 chosen don't really justify the cost of buying a token, I think. I'm gonna stick with Team Pink until the end, haha.

Yeah, are people not picking up on this?! The token's cost waay too much just to switch to enter a small chance of maybe winning...maybe.

Agreed, I think the odds of being one of the 30 is just setting yourself up for being disappointed.

Vuze

Same here. Better off buying 1 or 2 of your wishlist games with the money instead.

ArjanN

Over 34000 people are wanting to buy one the moment it drops to around 28€.
There are currently 2 for sale at 34€

The funny part is even if you're in the winning team your chances of actually winning still seem super low. You'd probably have better chances just buying a regular lottery ticket.

Enco

Gotta take this metagame easy.

What do you do? Buy lots of games to 'support your team'.

What do you get? The chance (like 1 in 10000000) of getting 3 games for free.

What does Valve get? Money, money, money!

People shouldn't be this bothered by it.

Palehorse

All I want is an underdog win to satisfy my 80s cravings. I want the darkhorse team to come from behind and win it all by a hair in the end and then get the girl. But not the cheerleader, no, the kinda frumpy girl who's been that team's best friend the whole time and then it turns out that when you take her glasses off she's super hot. Or put glasses on. One of those.

Teams Pink, Blue and Green need not apply for the role of darkhorse team.

Team Purple has already been cast in the role of Chad, the school's top jock who loses in the end.

#GOTEAMRED

Ryne

Where's a good place to check regional pricing? Enhanced Steam isn't pulling the information for me (never know what you got till it's gone), and I'd like to check a few games.

valouris

A big surge to team purple after these first two days will mean that every day will be purple day. They really didn't think it through.

Wolfie5

Couldn´t resist and added some new games to my backlog:

Far Cry 3 + Blood Dragon and State of Decay. All 3 for €13,47 not bad.

If anyone wants them (not sure if this was posted before?) I've made some transparent pngs with the banners if you wanna drop them into your avatars:

nOtL6cE.png

iBF09tE.png

e: oops, noticed that they still have background remnants. Will fix in a second

rtcn63

All I want is an underdog win to satisfy my 80s cravings. I want the darkhorse team to come from behind and win it all by a hair in the end and then get the girl. But not the cheerleader, no, the kinda frumpy girl who's been that team's best friend the whole time and then it turns out that when you take her glasses off she's super hot. Or put glasses on. One of those.

tumblr_m0n71j4CCV1qlyi2so1_500.gif

Pachimari

I'm really turning down my purchases. Have spent too much already.

So I'm only going for Skyrim, Dishonored, Anno 1404, World In Conflict and Assassin's Creed 1 as the sure games to buy.

Halo 2

Banned
Gotta take this metagame easy.

What do you do? Buy lots of games to 'support your team'.

What do you get? The chance (like 1 in 10000000) of getting 3 games for free.

What does Valve get? Money, money, money!

People shouldn't be this bothered by it.

FU7Lx3o.jpg

Such a stupid meta game. Still miss the achievements game from Christmas a few years ago that forced me to play crap games like Champions online and gang wars.

agreed.

made me play a bunch of games I never would have tried and I really enjoyed that.

this meta is just... It feels like a dirty ios f2p game, only it costs a lot more.

Just hit default in EVGA precision to get rid of the OC as I'm idling and it jumped to 36000 Mhz and crashed my computer.....what the fuck?

marrec

Banned
Green is the color of money.

We sell cards to the other teams so that they can play their metagames all the while we get to buy and play real games.

Stay winning green.

Zeliard

Some guy - who shall remain anonymous until I see fit - on my friend list has single-handedly provided team purple with 100 points so far. And Jase has brought them 60.

This is sick.

Hackers

Someone on my friends list single-handedly provided Team Pink with an astronomical 1,047 points yesterday, and I'm sad that the effort was in vain.

But we'll bounce back, no doubt. I think we have more than a few whales - and very handsome, elegant, majestic whales, not the reeking sort found on Purple.

Khronico

agreed.

made me play a bunch of games I never would have tried and I really enjoyed that.

this meta is just... It feels like a dirty ios f2p game, only it costs a lot more.

Winter sale will be just a giant money pit for each team and each time you click it your bank account gets charged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom