• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Someone on my friends list single-handedly provided Team Pink with an astronomical 1,047 points yesterday, and I'm sad that the effort was in vain.

But we'll bounce back, no doubt. I think we have more than a few whales - and very handsome, elegant, majestic whales, not the reeking sort found on Purple.
The power of whales is amazing.

Parsnip

Wow, you made it!
How many deaths, may I ask you? :D
Joking aside I know that area is veeery hard, I tried it for maybe an hour or so and only made it some times to the top room and a little down again.

Edit: I assumed this is one of those player levels, it is very similar to another part in the main game only it is much harder.

I haven't touched any of the player levels, just going to do the main game again.
700+ deaths at the moment, don't know how many of them was here. A lot.

AkuMifune

Banned
Someone on my friends list single-handedly provided Team Pink with an astronomical 1,047 points yesterday, and I'm sad that the effort was in vain.

But we'll bounce back, no doubt. I think we have more than a few whales - and very handsome, elegant, majestic whales, not the reeking sort found on Purple.

Zeliard
(Today, 04:20 PM)

Yo, it was obvious without looking at the time you posted that at 4:20 bro.

Enco

Those who are against Team Purple will perish.

Bow before the kings

EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
If anyone wants them (not sure if this was posted before?) I've made some transparent pngs with the banners if you wanna drop them into your avatars:

nOtL6cE.png

iBF09tE.png

e: oops, noticed that they still have background remnants. Will fix in a second

you can just use the real urls and box crop the streaks.
flag_small_pink.png

flag_small_red.png

flag_small_green.png

flag_small_purple.png

flag_small_blue.png

flag_large_pink.png

flag_large_red.png

flag_large_green.png

flag_large_purple.png

flag_large_blue.png

What are the odds Ghostbusters will go on sale at some point? I'm guessing zero, right?

It's currently at 50% off ($9.99), available for $4.99. There's no way it's dropping below this, being an older game, right?

OmegaDL50

Gotta take this metagame easy.

What do you do? Buy lots of games to 'support your team'.

What do you get? The chance (like 1 in 10000000) of getting 3 games for free.

What does Valve get? Money, money, money!

People shouldn't be this bothered by it.

I've read somewhere in this topic the team that wins the most during the sale, everyone one on that team gets one game on their wishlist at the very end of the contest on the last day.

Where is this confirmed? Because if that is the case I will clear out everything on my Wishlist except for that one single game to assured I get what I want on the last day, if that is the case.

gorfyako

Banned
agreed.

made me play a bunch of games I never would have tried and I really enjoyed that.

this meta is just... It feels like a dirty ios f2p game, only it costs a lot more.

Aye.

I'd like to imagine we'll get another sale like those from days of yore. I don't see why they couldn't have done something like, "Play games, get achievements, win cards." Even if there is SAM, they should still be able to limit the amount of cards one can receive to where it doesn't have too big of an impact.

steadfast

What are the odds Ghostbusters will go on sale at some point? I'm guessing zero, right?

It's currently at 50% off ($9.99), available for $4.99. There's no way it's dropping below this, being an older game, right?

I'm not sure how flexible Atari is, but typically the older it is, the better chance of a higher discount so you can wait, if you like.

Or you can do the right thing and get your team more points by spending the $5

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

There's no discounting the possibility that the game will be a featured deal. It's up to you whether or not the theoretical premium is worth having the game in the here and now.

JDHarbs

It will stay that price until the sale ends. It doesn't hurt to wait. I'm doing the same thing.

Enco

I've read somewhere in this topic the team that wins the most during the sale, everyone one on that team gets one game on their wishlist at the very end of the contest on the last day.

Where is confirmed because if that is the case I will clear out everything on my Wishlist except for that one single game to assured I get what I want on the last day, if that is the case.

I doubt that. Would be nice but don't see it happening.

Honestly surprised at the lack of interest in regards to if this entire sweepstake meta-game is US Citizens only or not. I guess the competition is too strong for some.

Where is this confirmed? Because if that is the case I will clear out everything on my Wishlist except for that one single game to assured I get what I want on the last day, if that is the case.

I seriously doubt they're going to give away millions of games.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Well, I finally bought Bulletstorm. I really don't want it, but for $5... I can't really say "no" to it. :/

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Everybody voted for the Shadowrun Returns block, right? RIGHT?!

I hope not since its a bunch of bundle games, with shadowrun being the exception

but im sure it will win, since community votes are always wrong

Ryne

By the way, if someone wants something from the Russian store, I can help you! You'll have to send me the exact cost of the game in the Russian store via paypal gift (preferably in roubles), and I'll buy the game for you. I don't usually advertize this (although some people ask me to do it occasionally), but I just realized I'll be essentially getting free cards, so I have a good incentive :p.

So if anyone's interested, talk to me on Steam or via PM. Make sure to check for region locks (you can do it with http://www.regionlocks.com/, for example).

Sent a PM :)

mdzapeer

It was a lie.

It can't be US only, can it? Their previous contests were open to everyone weren't they?

Steamboxes - US Only
Every Game on Steam Winner - US Only
1 Known Winner of 2014 Summer Adventure Sweepstake - US Based

It's probably coincidence.

No, it's worldwide.In order to be in the running, you need to:

- Be on the winning team, and
- Have contributed at least one point for the day (10am PT being the cut-off point)

Read T&Cs.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=841502

Being that it's 50% off, there is a chance that it, and Sanctum of Slime, could appear in the Community or Flash deals. It would most likely get a "same series" discount bump if Sanctum of Slime appears in the Daily/Flash/Community sale.

oneils

anyone think Timeshift will get cheaper than 4.99? Looks like it is cheaper today than yesterday but I don't see it on the front page.

Oh... ew. Probably gonna go with juarez then.

Do it. It's the best of the bunch in my opinion. One of my favorite shooters of last gen. It's the perfect length, the mechanics and guns are all satisfying, and the plot is actually much smarter than expected. Lots of replay with the score challenged is that is your bag as well.

anyone think Timeshift will get cheaper than 4.99? Looks like it is cheaper today than yesterday but I don't see it on the front page.

Buy TimeShift™
SUMMER SALE! Offer ends 30 June

The sale is valid until the 30th so wait until the last day.

EDIT: Despite how I would be surprised if it drops lower, why take the chance? Just wait and see. You're not in any rush really.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
By the way, if someone wants something from the Russian store, I can help you! You'll have to send me the exact cost of the game in the Russian store via paypal gift (preferably in roubles), and I'll buy the game for you. I don't usually advertize this (although some people ask me to do it occasionally), but I just realized I'll be essentially getting free cards, so I have a good incentive :p.

So if anyone's interested, talk to me on Steam or via PM. Make sure to check for region locks (you can do it with http://www.regionlocks.com/, for example).

Do you accept only paypal or TF2 keys as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom