• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
Could someone give my avatar one of these green flags?

Chariot

Oh, I meant my avatar :lol
jpUwXLCKp5yZK.png

fantomena

Seems like Im one of the few people here who doesn't care abou this competition and teams. Im just not giving a fuck about it and buy games. I still don't even know anything about this points stuff.

derExperte

Could anyone confirm if GRID Autosport is region locked in Russia? The warning is there: http://store.steampowered.com/app/255220?cc=ru, but regionlocks.com says it's region free.

Steamdb indeed has a RU-specific package and it's number is 44076, here: http://steamdb.info/app/255220/subs/, but the add to cart button on the store page has a different ID, 45434 (it says "javascript:addToCart ( 45434)"). That ID seems to correspond to another package Does it mean that the game is indeed not region locked for the moment or not? I'm still not entirely sure how to use steamdb

Intriguing, you're right, 45434 isn't locked and that's what you get.

Seems like Im one of the few people here who doesn't care abou this competition and teams. Im just not giving a fuck about it and buy games. I still don't even know anything about this points stuff.

So tell us about your avatar.

I am wondering about getting Dynasty Warriors 8 for 25$. I already bought like 15 games for 100$ during this Summer sale, and another 10 games on Origin for 60$. Backlog intensifies.

Arthea

I wonder if the summer cards will actually become cheaper. How long did it take during winter and how low did they fall?

That's what I was wondering too, this sale same as last one, card prices are so jumpy it gives me a headache. If steam cards are to disappear as winter ones, prices should somewhat drop and stabilize near the end.
Are they? Do we know?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
normal Agarest (as opposed to Zero) waifu cards are "only" 0.25-0.30€

the dream is dead :(

derExperte

That's what I was wondering too, this sale same as last one, card prices are so jumpy it gives me a headache. If steam cards are to disappear as winter ones, prices should somewhat drop and stabilize near the end.
Are they? Do we know?

Yes, they have an expiration date that you see when clicking on one in the inventory.

Echoplx

Could anyone confirm if GRID Autosport is region locked in Russia? The warning is there: http://store.steampowered.com/app/255220?cc=ru, but regionlocks.com says it's region free.

Steamdb indeed has a RU-specific package and it's number is 44076, here: http://steamdb.info/app/255220/subs/, but the add to cart button on the store page has a different ID, 45434 (it says "javascript:addToCart ( 45434)"). That ID seems to correspond to another package Does it mean that the game is indeed not region locked for the moment or not? I'm still not entirely sure how to use steamdb

Regionlocks.com is very unreliable, I'm not sure where they get their data from but it's always wrong from my experience.

It is region locked, If you go to the sub page on SteamDB (http://steamdb.info/sub/45434/) you can see it says "AllowCrossRegionTradingAndGifting - No"

yuraya

Looks like green team is dead. RIP in peace :(

Also there seems to be a lot of talk about this shadowrun game. It looks really good but has anyone actually played/beaten the game? Any feedback or good things to say about it? Or is this just a case of people getting hype for when the community vote most likely pulls through?

Looks like green team is dead. RIP in peace :(

Also there seems to be a lot of talk about this shadowrun game. It looks really good but has anyone actually played/beaten the game? Any feedback or good things to say about it? Or is this just a case of people getting hype for when the community vote most likely pulls through?
It's a pretty damn good game. It's biggest issue was fixed with the release of the expansion. Only problem I still have with it is the ugly-ass iOS-wannabe interface.

The_Monk

You all fine people with this colour thing must always check: The_Monk's Game of Colours Guide

If your colour is Green you may belong to:

House Baelish "Sworn To Arryn"

odNgHkD.png

Or House Mormont "Here We Stand"

mEEeT9e.png

Or House Tyrell "Growing Strong"

b2aBvcp.png

If your colour is Blue you may belong to:

House Manderly "Sworn To Stark"

VoqYvsm.png

Or House Arryn "As High As Honour"

6wVKNAd.png

If your colour is Red you may belong to:

House Lannister "Hear Me Roar"

59h8wcd.png

If your colour is Pink you may belong to:

House Bolton "Our Blades Are Sharp"

5MYcuhY.png

If your colour is Purple you may belong to:

House Dayne "Sworn To Martell"

5byzyug.png

Special Conditions:

If you declared WAR to another Colour, decided to join efforts by performing a wedding or you simply changed Colours you may belong to:

House Tarth "Sworn To Baratheon" if your fate made you pass from/to/by Pink/Red & Blue

PZ57yuo.png

House Tully "Family, Duty, Honour" if your fate made you pass from/to/by Blue & Red

4L0Pvxt.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Shadowrun was good. aparently the expansion is better, I only played vanilla

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I've read the T&Cs. There seems to be some paranoia that Valve will hind behind "Most corporate-sponsored sweepstakes promoted in the United States limit entry to U.S. citizens" as an excuse to limit prizes to US users. "Most" by its very nature categorically, albeit surreptitiously, creates an understanding that the rule isn't all-encompassing (i.e. US corporations can include international customers if they so desire).

Is the Walking Dead Season 2 finished or are there still episodes to come out? I can't stomach buying it episodically, I just couldn't take the wait, need to binge play it like season 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom