• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRORANGE

PNiGIgN.png
VydSr1Z.png
mEbLZvM.png
BVs7P5N.png
UPbWdVd.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Could anyone confirm if GRID Autosport is region locked in Russia? The warning is there: http://store.steampowered.com/app/255220?cc=ru, but regionlocks.com says it's region free.

Steamdb indeed has a RU-specific package and it's number is 44076, here: http://steamdb.info/app/255220/subs/, but the add to cart button on the store page has a different ID, 45434 (it says "javascript:addToCart ( 45434)"). That ID seems to correspond to another package Does it mean that the game is indeed not region locked for the moment or not? I'm still not entirely sure how to use steamdb

It's region-locked:

AllowCrossRegionTradingAndGifting No

Also I'm not sure how foil cards work, if you craft a badge including a foil card, does that up your chance of crafting a foil badge? Or do you have to craft a badge with all foil cards to get a foil badge?

Doomedfool

Assuming I didn't screw this up, have at it, people.
ModBot said:
Instructions for Doomedfool:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Hero Academy Gold Pack -- MB-38520665BA09000A - Taken by topyy. 6 entrants total.

t1403302603z1.png

Tenrius

Regionlocks.com is very unreliable, I'm not sure where they get their data from but it's always wrong from my experience.

It is region locked, If you go to the sub page on SteamDB (http://steamdb.info/sub/45434/) you can see it says "AllowCrossRegionTradingAndGifting - No"

Ah, I see then.

I think regionlocks.com looks up the package number and checks if it has the "onlyallowrunincountries" field and possibly "PurchaseRestrictedCountries" too. Maybe they just didn't update their software with "AllowCrossRegionTradingAndGifting" or something.

It's region-locked:

You're losing your grasp :p

Arthea

Also I'm not sure how foil cards work, if you craft a badge including a foil card, does that up your chance of crafting a foil badge? Or do you have to craft a badge with all foil cards to get a foil badge?

The latter, you can craft foil badge only if you have all foils

Seems like Im one of the few people here who doesn't care abou this competition and teams. Im just not giving a fuck about it and buy games. I still don't even know anything about this points stuff.

I wish we could split the meta game/team/badge bullshit into its own thread. It was fun for a bit, but do we really need this thread to be filled with generic "go ____" posts?

It would be so nice to actually talk about the games that are on sale, but that is pretty much impossible to the sheer number of team posts

You have to craft the badge with all foils to get the foil badge. You can't mix regulars and foils.

Edit: Beaten.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
why am I reinstalling all the games I don't plan to play anytime soon, just to idle them and get half their cards and then spend 40-50p buying the rest to get a badge that doesn't mean anything? This is crazy

I started out just wanting to get 10 badges 'ready' so I'd have one point per day for the prize draw, and now it is getting silly.

Nzyme32

Is it still a good idea to watch Game of Thrones? I haven't watched any of it..... and I know am a bit of a pariah for it...

why am I reinstalling all the games I don't plan to play anytime soon, just to idle them and get half their cards and then spend 40-50p buying the rest to get a badge that doesn't mean anything? This is crazy

I started out just wanting to get 10 badges 'ready' so I'd have one point per day for the prize draw, and now it is getting silly.

It's working, isn't it

[Gabe Newell cackles in the distance]

rtcn63

Just use Steam Achievement Manager to idle, you don't need to install the games

I've read the T&Cs. There seems to be some paranoia that Valve will hind behind "Most corporate-sponsored sweepstakes promoted in the United States limit entry to U.S. citizens" as an excuse to limit prizes to US users.

Not sure about paranoia, just clarity.

Lomax

You know what Steam really needs?
A fucking "I AM NOT AN IDIOT I KNOW I AM BUYING SHIT JUST LET ME FUCKING BUY THIS VIRTUAL BULLSHIT WITH ONE CLICK" option to let us normal people have a chance of buying something on the market before the bots snap everything up.

The new buy orders option makes this obsolete. Presumably it will go wide to everything after the sale is over. That said, the idea that bots buy most of the stuff on the market is ridiculous, I'm sure there's bots for a few high dollar items, but no one is going to bot for cards worth pennies.

Turfster

The new buy orders option makes this obsolete. Presumably it will go wide to everything after the sale is over. That said, the idea that bots buy most of the stuff on the market is ridiculous, I'm sure there's bots for a few high dollar items, but no one is going to bot for cards worth pennies.

Sure they are.
I've seen it happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom