• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgjackson

So uh I'm an hour into Call of Juarez Gunslinger and no joke this might be my favorite gaming experience of this year

At 3.75 this is a no brainer

Finally putting in points for the boys in Purple. Not a lot of sales for me though, only bought one game, and it wasn't even a daily/flash. Community votes have not gone in my favor yet.

51411896.jpg

Just got into purple by random luck!! Victory!

Doomedfool

So uh I'm an hour into Call of Juarez Gunslinger and no joke this might be my favorite gaming experience of this year

At 3.75 this is a no brainer

Good to hear. The Gunslinger/Blood Dragon pack is my first purchase so far this sale. Looking forward to diving in.

Mikey Jr.

Hey guys, I never kept up with Spore, but what is the GAF consensus? Is it worth a damn?

I don't want "Well, its a good price for x amount of money". I'd rather play a good game but more money rather than a bad game but its cheap. So is Spore good?

Lomax

Sure they are.
I've seen it happen.

No, you've seen hundreds of people on the market at once. The people with bots on the market are just looking for people who put high dollar items at low prices. No one is using bots for these summer cards, and the buy order system eliminates it anyway.

Hey guys, I never kept up with Spore, but what is the GAF consensus? Is it worth a damn?

I don't want "Well, its a good price for x amount of money". I'd rather play a good game but more money rather than a bad game but its cheap. So is Spore good?

Only to make NSFW monsters. I'd say nay.

Pachimari

Do you guys think Devil May Cry 4 will become a Daily or Flash deal? It's already -75% and weren't further discounted when DmC: Devil May Cry were a Flash deal.

Turfster

No, you've seen hundreds of people on the market at once. The people with bots on the market are just looking for people who put high dollar items at low prices. No one is using bots for these summer cards, and the buy order system eliminates it anyway.

No, I have seen one guy have the first 5 PAGES of EVERY CARD for CS:GO before the sales started

Arthea

you are saying he lies?
You obviously don't follow cards market, bots were used countless times to keep certain one card in "cheap badges" very high, in order for people succumb to logic "it's just one card, I'll buy it and craft badge". Good that experiment seemed to fail in the end, but it was run for a longest time.
So no, bots are used to drive prices even of cheap cards high.

edited:
forgot to say that I'm not sure it is even possible to manipulate prices with new summer cards sale system, btw

Mikey Jr.

I wish their was a list of games that are must buys.

Games on there that look really interesting, but I've never even heard of them.

Is that Pixel Piracy game good?

sgjackson

such a fun pure arcade shooter

Yeah! The narration of the gameplay using the bar conversation is brilliant, and the gameplay is just ridiculously fun and arcadey. Cheating death by dodging bullets is an amazing take on the Borderlands death mechanic. I wish I'd paid full price for this.

oneils

figured how you get assigned a team. got stuck with green :(

well I did my part. Spent about 26 bucks and got 6 games. About 4 bucks a game, not bad.

Now I'll ignore these new games while I go replay another game. doh.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wow! I still wouldn't use it, too paranoid about being "banned."

If you're concerned about using a third-party program, employ this trick instead. Do note that it only works with games that use CEG/"Steam DRM", but as the vast, vast majority of Steam games do, you won't have trouble finding a suitable candidate. You'll notice that in my provided example I use the AoE2 HD launcher.

Edit: Use your badge page to get the app id of the game you wish to idle in -- hover over a particular game in your list, copy the URL, paste it into the text file, and remove everything save for the number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom