• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

d3vnull

asdasd2usur.jpg

so close... :(

megalowho

This whole color team stuff is weird. Seems like Valve is bored with just throwing big sale parties, got to throw in a dash of social experimentation to keep it interesting for them.

inm8num2

It's interesting how Steam sales are now a bit more focused on community activities. By this point many active Steam users probably own most of their wanted games, and some discounts might be the same as in past sales for major titles. Not to mention many other people own the smaller and indie titles from all the bundles. So, things like these daily team competitions keep people engaged in the site and sale (while helping Valve to a nice chunk of fees from all the card transactions).

Ibuki

Banned
This whole color team stuff is weird. Seems like Valve is bored with just throwing big sale parties, got to throw in a dash of social experimentation to keep it interesting for them.

This is much more fun. I hope they do this, with new twists every year.

evilhomer

Contributed my point to Team Pink by completing the Reus badge! Fun game to play in small chunks, I think I'm going to give it some more play time after the sales are done.

Lomax

you are saying he lies?
You obviously don't follow cards market, bots were used countless times to keep certain one card in "cheap badges" very high, in order for people succumb to logic "it's just one card, I'll buy it and craft badge". Good that experiment seemed to fail in the end, but it was run for a longest time.
So no, bots are used to drive prices even of cheap cards high.

edited:
forgot to say that I'm not sure it is even possible to manipulate prices with new summer cards sale system, btw

I'm saying it's paranoia to think the market is controlled by bots, especially on high traffic items. Have there been bots? Sure. His CS:GO example seems legit. But when summer sale cards are selling at a rate of 5-10 PER SECOND that isn't a bot. And the buy order system eliminates it anyway, so the solution is already in the making.

LOLDSFAN

Next sale we'll all be thrown on an island and have to survive and win challenges or be voted out by fellow Steam users. The ultimate Steam survivor gets HL3.

Arthea

I'm saying it's paranoia to think the market is controlled by bots, especially on high traffic items. Have there been bots? Sure. His CS:GO example seems legit. But when summer sale cards are selling at a rate of 5-10 PER SECOND that isn't a bot. And the buy order system eliminates it anyway, so the solution is already in the making.

so, when one guy sells thousands of the same card and there no cards cheaper than his, I should assume that he sits all day and night and singlehandedly buys every one of them, and does it for several cards at once no less?
seriously?

Salsa

there's an entire thread out there where a bunch of all the major crafters got together and joined purple team on purpose

so.. yeah

typical purp gaming the system

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Honestly I know sales threads are usually pretty active but this metagame is probably contributing far more activity than usual here and in other forums. There's only so much we can talk about the same 8 hour/24 hour sales.

It has one teeny, tiny problem...

It's not scary.

I disagree. I thought it was scary.

Not as scare-heavy as the first game mind you, because it was more focused on telling a story than scaring you or giving you puzzles (don't get me wrong, though, there are still puzzles and scare moments), but yeah...still very scary, especially some moments.

*shivers*

The_Monk

Bit the bullet on the Call of Juarez Gunslinger + Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon combo pack.

Hope you like Gunslinger, I had great fun with the game. I simply love how they decided to tell the Story, very creative. :)

As for myself, I'm tempted to grab State of Decay. Anyone decided to get it today? Seems a game for a decent length and the price is more than fair.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Who even owns the Sin Episodes:Emergence license now?
I mean, Ritual got bought by Mumbo Jumbo, right?

Yes, MumboJumbo owns SiN. SiN Gold, in all its uncensored glory, was put up on GOG earlier in the year. I asked MJ if it had any plans to release the GE on Steam (the Steam version is censored for some bizarre reason, and the expansion pack isn't available at all), but unsurprisingly I received an utterly unhelpful response.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Do you guy think Shadowrun Deluxe/DLC will get the discount too? I'd rather get everything at once instead of piecemeal

I totally think it will once it's been out for so long. I picked up Abyss Odyssey. It reminds me of Knights of Valour because it has that combo system setup and you can become your enemies (which I count as multiple characters to choose from).

Blue team has a shot over the green, but we'll never catch up today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom