• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copons

95iIueN.jpg

Sblargh

Banned
So, I got state of decay. I enjoyed the mechanics, but not the story mode. Should I just jump straight to the not-story-mode DLC?

Salsa

Honestly I know sales threads are usually pretty active but this metagame is probably contributing far more activity than usual here and in other forums. There's only so much we can talk about the same 8 hour/24 hour sales.

I think in about 2 days it'll calm down when everyone realizes that pretty much every single one of the major crafters and high level users switched to purple on purpose

it's a feedback loop. Purple won the first day so everyone with money switches to it. There's threads organizing it. It's fun but I think Valve shit the bed by not swapping people every day.

so mad with myself right now....i shouldn't given myself in last year with the borderlands 2 deal last summer sale sigh :(

i got the full game and 3 dlc's but not all of em...so i pretty much spent like $25+ back then and could've bought it with the whole package with the GOTY edition and got the whole dlc this sale

sigh...just gotta wait it out till they add it hopefully in the flash sale :(

Turfster

Yes, MumboJumbo owns SiN. SiN Gold, in all its uncensored glory, was put up on GOG earlier in the year. I asked MJ if it had any plans to release the GE on Steam (the Steam version is censored for some bizarre reason, and the expansion pack isn't available at all), but unsurprisingly I received an utterly unhelpful response.

Yeah, that's why I got the GOG version of OG SiN.
Emergence is Steam only, tho.
Come on, Mumbo Jumbo, be a pal and put a percentage on it.

Honestly I know sales threads are usually pretty active but this metagame is probably contributing far more activity than usual here and in other forums. There's only so much we can talk about the same 8 hour/24 hour sales.

Thats really quite true. And live thread helps make it feel way more active.

Hope you like Gunslinger, I had great fun with the game. I simply love how they decided to tell the Story, very creative. :)

As for myself, I'm tempted to grab State of Decay. Anyone decided to get it today? Seems a game for a decent length and the price is more than fair.
I found State of Decay to be lots of fun, I thought it was worth it at full price.

Arthea

Yes, MumboJumbo owns SiN. SiN Gold, in all its uncensored glory, was put up on GOG earlier in the year. I asked MJ if it had any plans to release the GE on Steam (the Steam version is censored for some bizarre reason, and the expansion pack isn't available at all), but unsurprisingly I received an utterly unhelpful response.

That's really strange. Are more steam games censored? I knew about Loren before, but I thought it being exception.

After about a thousand reviews Im still not sure so hoping gaf can push me in right direction from people with experience in both.

Can only afford 1 of the following:
Kerbal Space
Prison architect

Which one is more complete/i'll get more outta now.
I do realize they both early access and know what that entails, hence my question.
I know Prison on sale now but will hold out for KBS as im sure a similar sale on the way if thats what gaf tells me

Thank you for any help

rtcn63

I like to think this is a time zone war of sorts. One end of the civilized world versus the other, one party preparing for nightfall and the other, just arriving home from work. A seesaw, maybe.

Doomedfool

I must say, one thing I am definitely liking about this little contest thing is all my cards that were rotting in the market before this sale are getting snatched up. I like free monies!

Turfster

After about a thousand reviews Im still not sure so hoping gaf can push me in right direction.

Can only afford 1 of the following:
Kerbal Space
Prison architect

Which one is more complete/i'll get more outta now.
I do realize they both early access and know what that entails, hence my question.
I know Prison on sale now but will hold out for KBS as im sure a similar sale on the way if thats what gaf tells me

Thank you for any help
KBS is more complete, and has a thriving modding community

Copons

Let these dumb fools craft badges and waste their money. I already got Marlow Briggs and One Way heroics for free by selling the summer adventure cards

I'm actually stashing whatever summer card I'm getting, because I could craft a badge just for fun. Or because maybe last day people goes full frenzy and start buying summer cards at like 10$ each.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I think in about 2 days it'll calm down when everyone realizes that pretty much every single one of the major crafters and high level users switched to purple on purpose

it's a feedback loop. Purple won the first day so everyone with money switches to it. There's threads organizing it. It's fun but I think Valve shit the bed by not swapping people every day.

It would have been fine if the teams didn't switch at all, too. The tokens have really ruined the meta game.

Salsa

I'm actually stashing whatever summer card I'm getting, because I could craft a badge just for fun. Or because maybe last day people goes full frenzy and start buying summer cards at like 10$ each.

lol no, on the contrary. Last day is when everyone sells the spares so all cards end up going for jack shit

they're already lowering fast

sell what you get

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That's really strange. Are more steam games censored? I knew about Loren before, but I thought it being exception.

Well, to clarify, the censorship is exceedingly minor: it's just nudie calenders and the like replaced with textures befitting of an overly conservative PG-rating (again, bizarre for a violence-heavy game, but I digress). There are no significant alterations -- it's certainly no L4D2 AU vs L4D2 US situation.

Lomax

so, when one guy sells thousands of the same card and there no cards cheaper than his, I should assume that he sits all day and night and singlehandedly buys every one of them, and does it for several cards at once no less?
seriously?

No, I'm saying those are the vast exception, not the rule. Besides, back to the original point, he's saying bots are beating him because of the two step process. Bots will always beat you, one step or two. In fact, the odds you'd even see the item before the bot buys it is virtually zero.

And again, the new system eliminates bots by basically giving everyone a bot.

The only way I see this happening is if Valve raises the stakes in the latter half of the sale. People will deffo burn out on the point grind otherwise, and card prices will fall back to earth.

Arthea

Well, to clarify, the censorship is exceedingly minor: it's just nudie calenders and the like replaced with textures befitting of an overly conservative PG-rating (again, bizarre for a violence-heavy game, but I digress). There are no significant alterations -- it's certainly no L4D2 AU vs L4D2 US situation.

I see, thanks for clarifying that.

yeah, I don't like it. Tokens are $35 atm. Valve has taken the high road and chose "make em spend more money" instead of an actual fair competition

oh well
I mean, is this really all that shocking?

It's a pretty par for the course sort of decision for the Steam team at this point.

Salsa

I mean, is this really all that shocking?

It's a pretty par for the course sort of decision for the Steam team at this point.

it still comes off kinda weird

in the sense that I kinda doubt they'll just sit around and let purple team win every day, for example.

there's people with enough money to make this thing competitive WHILE making them spend money. No need for the tokens.

Is it possible for someone to buy me Bully?

Im in Brazil and it says its not allowed in my region. :(

Id buy them a game of equal value in return no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom