• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.
it still comes off kinda weird

in the sense that I kinda doubt they'll just sit around and let purple team win every day, for example.

there's people with enough money to make this thing competitive WHILE making them spend money. No need for the tokens.
Yeah, hopefully they fix it. I mostly meant it's par for the course that the Steam team sort of pushes out a feature without fully thinking it through. Hopefully this time they get around to balancing/fixing the issue while it's still relevant.

Copons

lol no, on the contrary. Last day is when everyone sells the spares so all cards end up going for jack shit

they're already lowering fast

sell what you get

Aw shit, I asked about fluctuations earlier and noone answered.
But all in all I thought the fact people is so crazy about switching teams and shit, maybe the last days those who didn't win anything will be all like IM GONNA WIN NOW EHEHEHE and buying my cards at whatever because I'll be the only one still having them cause I'm so smart and whatnot.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
it still comes off kinda weird

in the sense that I kinda doubt they'll just sit around and let purple team win every day, for example.

there's people with enough money to make this thing competitive WHILE making them spend money. No need for the tokens.

but if their business team has a way to
make people spend more money, why wouldn't they do it? the whole thing is weird and a transparent ploy to encourage sales.... and it's clearly effective

Chariot

Go Red.

this shit is gonna hurt when we lose
This is the last stand.
Not only for us, but for this steamsale. When red loses here, it's pretty much established that nobody can beat purple anymore. All other colors will cease efford to win, which means that purple don't have to work hard either. And if purple wins every day, Valve have to admit that they fucked up hard an irritated 4/5 of their customers, which will probably affect future sale events.

The Flash

Banned
After watching a How to: Papers Please on Rooster Teeth I decided to get the game. It's only $4.99 right now and I had $1.50 in credit. I've only played it a little but I really like it so far. I like the main menu theme a lot as well. Very much a stereotype of Soviet style music.

mfaex

Soon red and purple will destroy each other completely, and then pink's time to rise will come.

I love steam events (and free steam money).

rtcn63

This is the last stand.
Not only for us, but for this steamsale. When red loses here, it's pretty much established that nobody can beat purple anymore. All other colors will cease efford to win, which means that purple don't have to work hard either. And if purple wins every day, Valve have to admit that they fucked up hard an irritated 4/5 of their customers, which will probably affect future sale events.

If purple relents in viciously maintaining their foothold, I'd guess at least one of the lesser teams would take advantage, and make a power play. It's like a game of er... chairs.

Thoughts on Borderlands 2?

i have the game already but only some of the DLC sadly....i need like 4 more to actually call mine a GOTY edition -_-

so i have to just wait for B2 summer sales for the DLC's to go down 2.49 or 3.00 or something

i loved B1 and Mordecai was probably my favorite character there and i love my handcannon and sniper builds

loved the DLC's too

how is the game compared to B1 and how are the classes?

tylerf

I feel like I've put off studying until an hour before an exam while staring at all these cards I never collected out of laziness.

Also, go purple.

At least you have a chance today. The other three are out of it.

tumblr_me4oequvpO1rxf6yzo1_250.gif

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
But I'm interested in adding stuff. I know JaseC's already:

1. Wheelman
2. Who Wants To Be A Millionaire Saoirse Ronan Edition
3. Tintin

Haha. Unfortunately, not all yanked games can be added to one's wishlist (believe me, I tried to add Wheelman), the Saoirse Ronan trivia bot is an ongoing project of mine
(I kid)
, and Tintin's app is as dead as ever.

Salsa

If purple relents in viciously maintaining their foothold, I'd guess at least one of the lesser teams would take advantage, and make a power play. It's like a game of er... chairs.

nah.

"hey im rich and I have $35 to spend on a swap team token. Do I change to one of the losing teams in order to try and dethrone purple and get some sort of fake internet victory feeling or do I straight up change to purple and get in line to win my wishlist?"

yeah.

Chariot

And than purple would just take off their afford again. They have all the cards (literally). And if someone would plan an stealth attack shortly before the new day, it wouldn't be a secret very long, since you need thousands of people for a actually signifcant amount of points. Purple will always have a savety zone, even while slacking off.

Thoughts on Borderlands 2?

i have the game already but only some of the DLC sadly....i need like 4 more to actually call mine a GOTY edition -_-

so i have to just wait for B2 summer sales for the DLC's to go down 2.49 or 3.00 or something

i loved B1 and Mordecai was probably my favorite character there and i love my handcannon and sniper builds

loved the DLC's too

how is the game compared to B1 and how are the classes?

If you enjoyed the first you are gonna love it.

I did anyway

Is it possible for someone to buy me Bully?

Im in Brazil and it says its not allowed in my region. :(

Id buy them a game of equal value in return no problem.

Anyone? :_;

If you enjoyed the first you are gonna love it.

I did anyway

thanks!

if i were u guys..i'd craft 3 sets of summer badges to get to 30 IF your team actually gets a good lead or something.....craft only if you like wanna just support a lost cause :p

or get lucky and get those "precious" in-game item prizes and sell them for $40

Vazduh

Dear Overkill,

please put Big Bank Heist on sale. I know it was released few days ago, but it's Summer sale, man.

Yours truly,

Vazduh

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I can help you with bully but I'm in euroland and it's 4.50€ for me

Parsnip

While you guys were playing the meta game, I played through VVVVVV and now I'll listen to its soundtrack on repeat.

Before I started I was thinking about trying to do all the achievements, but now I don't think so. They are just too much for me.

Salsa

Dear Overkill,

please put Big Bank Heist on sale. I know it was released few days ago, but it's Summer sale, man.

Yours truly,

Vazduh

dudes support the game like crazy for free or dirt cheap and this update looks pretty damn big and came out 3 days ago

let em have this one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom