• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to buy Bulletstorm and some other games now. Do I even want Call of Juarez: Gunslinger?

I know you guys are going to say yes.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Galcon Fusion -- MB-42E0C663D84DB7D4 - Taken by illusionary. 10 entrants total.

t1403306054z1.png

Tenrius

Do you accept only paypal or TF2 keys as well?

As I replied to people via PMs, keys are okay. It'll be a bit of a hassle (I'll have to sell the keys on the market before buying the game), but I don't really mind. You could also sell the keys yourself and do the old market trick (I put up an item for the price of the game + fee, you buy it, I get the needed sum in my wallet and buy the game from the store).

Deitus

Wait, you serious? I ask because how long to beat lists it as being about an hour long but some of the friends I have on steam have a bunch more time logged in.

It's not a game you play once, and it's not a game you are likely to beat on the first try. You'll likely spend a few hours before you "beat" it, and then there's still a lot of merit to continuing to play.

Defect

I just got Hatzilla from the summer badge. It says it is rare and there is no sales history. How much do you think it is worth?

With something on my wishlist, does Steam automatically e-mail the address in my contact information when it goes on sale - or do I need to use a third party website for something like this?

Sendou

With something on my wishlist, does Steam automatically e-mail the address in my contact information when it goes on sale - or do I need to use a third party website for something like this?

They will if you have opted in for that. Not sure if it's on by default.

BTW I just finished making a huge list of my trading cards for sale/trading cards I want. Anyone check it out if you want to get some cards moving.

that thread has kinda dropped the ball. always ends up with a bunch of people already in a conversation and like 2 posters actually helping and looking for questions

it's like the Android thread. I just basically had a 5 post conversation with myself trying to get help with something while everyone else kept talking about whatever they were talking about

yeah, that's why I was cross posting here if anyone had thoughts haha.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Yo get on on this

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Don't Starve -- MB-9FADFAF72D774221 - Taken by lucebuce12. 19 entrants total.

t1403306304z1.png

Hmm. Broforce looks interesting. $11.99 though. Thoughts anyone?
I bought it for that price right before the sale, not knowing if it would still be that price during the same. I think it's worth it. But if I had to choose now, I'd wait until the last day of this sale, just in case it goes cheaper. However, most people paid the full $15 and have no regrets.

XCOM: Complete is $12.53 here in Chile (vs. $16.49 in the US).

It's not region locked as far as I know (but we should double check that). If anyone needs help saving a few bucks, I could help.

The Flash

Banned
I bought it for that price right before the sale, not knowing if it would still be that price during the same. I think it's worth it. But if I had to choose now, I'd wait until the last day of this sale, just in case it goes cheaper. However, most people paid the full $15 and have no regrets.

I'll probably do that. Thanks mate.

Shackzam

You think this is all team pink can do. You haven't even seen are final form yet and when that happens you will know who the real king is.

illusionary

I've resisted the urge to buy anything yet, but I always enjoy the activity and interest that the sales generate. If nothing else, selling the trading cards that come from the community votes is a good way to earn some small pocket change!

Kifimbo

Hopefully this works.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kifimbo:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Company of Heroes 2 Multiplayer Access -- MB-1A2DED9D1537E09D - Taken by BurnMuhBread

So... would it be safe to buy Bulletstorm? Is GFWL really going to shut off July 1? I don't think it is, but I don't want to spend money on a game that won't work in 10 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom