• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

I don't understand how purple can win 2 days in a row...

Do they spend all their money on Steam?

read previous posts, it's pretty easy to understand. the big crafters/people who have money switched to the winning team, making the competition more useless by the day. feedback loop, it's broken.

2 foils from the 37 badges I've crafted. Better odds than normal!

XD For a second there I thought you meant you've crafted 37 badges from the summer adventure cards alone. That would be most impressive.

I checked prices on foil cards, considering I doubt I'll get one (let alone 10). Yeah, I'm not paying that much.

go team purple

pahamrick

This should still work.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Company of Heroes 2 Multiplayer Access Key -- MB-D608C3D01C319211 - Taken by tiny raptor

illusionary

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Galcon Fusion -- MB-42E0C663D84DB7D4 - Taken by illusionary. 10 entrants total.

t1403306054z1.png

Awesome - thanks to whoever donated this!

Probably would have been more fair if the teams were randomized each day.

Though it would make the color wars awkward as allies become enemies.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Sid Meier's Civilization III: Complete -- MB-18377E23B1739C79 - Taken by MBison
FEZ -- MB-612EF7518FAD3421 - Taken by NightmareTrigger

i think everyone has these games already but there you go.

Copons

LOL shit I didn't see the tab with the games won:

6x Dark Souls™ II
4x Wolfenstein: The New Order
3x Child of Light
3x Dead Rising 3
3x Divinity: Original Sin
3x Planetary Annihilation
3x South Park™: The Stick of Truth™
3x Watch_Dogs™
2x Dark Souls™ II - Season Pass
2x Killer is Dead - Nightmare Edition
2x NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja STORM
3 Full Burst
2x Papers, Please
2x SPINTIRES™
2x The Banner Saga
2x The Stomping Land
2x The Witcher® 3: Wild Hunt
2x Thief
2x Valiant Hearts: The Great War™
(plus a blurb of 1x games)

Seeing a cheap game like Papers, Please (that I guess will go even cheaper in the next days) has been picked the same times of Witcher 3... oh well what could I expect from community choice voters?

SmithnCo

Probably would have been more fair if the teams were randomized each day.

Though it would make the color wars awkward as allies become enemies.

Maybe if people couldn't switch teams it would be better.

But then, if people want to shell out absurd money to switch to purple, that's more cash for overlord Gabe.

ST2K

Red's winning by a few thousand on my team page. Purple's in second. Has it just been changing back and forth all day?

Chariot

Red's winning by a few thousand on my team page. Purple's in second. Has it just been changing back and forth all day?
Generally yes, but purple was more often at the top. Its not like two equals racing, more like red desperately trying to keep up with purple.

Eusis

Probably should just kick everyone out of a team and randomly reassign them each day if they want to stay in. You could still game the system but it'd be harder and more people would benefit by proxy that way.

Tellaerin

read previous posts, it's pretty easy to understand. the big crafters/people who have money switched to the winning team, making the competition more useless by the day. feedback loop, it's broken.

I'm surprised it never occurred to anyone at Valve that your biggest spenders would also be the ones who'd casually drop cash on a high pricetag item to change teams. Or that the "players" that are already spending the most money and find it easiest to change teams would band together to win the competition. It's not even like the guppies can effectively band together to take on the whales with the way things are now.

I imagine they'll be fine-tuning this moving forward.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Hm. State of Decay looks interesting. Thinking about blowing my card money on it. Is it a fairly low-spec game? Kinda looks that way from the minimum/recommended requirements. Are there a good amount of graphics options? My PC isn't that great, heh.

Soooo... I think Valve's refund to my wallet may be what triggered my market time out. If this pans out to be correct, it's absolutely FUCKING RIDICULOUS and I'm about to release the hounds on them.

What I need to know is this: Anyone who has been in market time out because of the funding bs... how long after funding your wallet via a "new method" did your market time out start? Was it within an hour? Half an hour? 10 minutes? Immediately?

onionfrog

State of Decay is really good. I highly recommend it.
I've been playing a little and I think it's like Animal Crossing but instead of neighbours moving away they die.
it is kinda low budget. But really fun. Zombie survival in an open world. I really liked my time with it on the 360

Thanks guys. I think I'm gonna go ahead and buy it. Between your impressions and IGN's review I think it looks like something I could really get in to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom