• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm. State of Decay looks interesting. Thinking about blowing my card money on it. Is it a fairly low-spec game? Kinda looks that way from the minimum/recommended requirements. Are there a good amount of graphics options? My PC isn't that great, heh.
Graphics settings are barebones, just a general "quality" setting that ranges several notches from minimum to maximum, along with gamma and v-sync.

Ambition

Soooo... I think Valve's refund to my wallet may be what triggered my market time out. If this pans out to be correct, it's absolutely FUCKING RIDICULOUS and I'm about to release the hounds on them.

What I need to know is this: Anyone who has been in market time out because of the funding bs... how long after funding your wallet via a "new method" did your market time out start? Was it within an hour? Half an hour? 10 minutes? Immediately?

Instantly, took about a week to clear.

Helmholtz

Soooo... I think Valve's refund to my wallet may be what triggered my market time out. If this pans out to be correct, it's absolutely FUCKING RIDICULOUS and I'm about to release the hounds on them.

What I need to know is this: Anyone who has been in market time out because of the funding bs... how long after funding your wallet via a "new method" did your market time out start? Was it within an hour? Half an hour? 10 minutes? Immediately?
The market time out shit is a real bummer. Last time it happened to me I don't think I could use the market again for like a week.

Salsa

I'm surprised it never occurred to anyone at Valve that your biggest spenders would also be the ones who'd casually drop cash on a high pricetag item to change teams. Or that the "players" that are already spending the most money and find it easiest to change teams would band together to win the competition. It's not even like the guppies can effectively band together to take on the whales with the way things are now.

I imagine they'll be fine-tuning this moving forward.

im sure they thought about that. changing to the winner team costs $35 and a big percentage goes to Valve. they're gettin dat money.

The_Monk

The Walking Dead S2 - is it as good as the first one? Should I get it?

If you like the first Season and you liked the characters then I can say you will like the second Season, at least I'm really having a great time with the game. Just remember that not all episodes were released, still more to come.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I've never added a steam wallet card to my account before; if I do it will I get a market timeout? That's really lame if so.

Red has the heart.

indiana-jones-temple-of-doom-flaming-heart.jpeg

Ripped right from green team's corpse.

We're with them in spirit.

Helmholtz

Do Fallout 3 vanilla and New Vegas typically get a flash sale?
Iirc the fallout series usually comes up as either a daily or a flash, where all the games in the series get a discount. New Vegas in particular seems to go for really low prices like $2.50 or something.

hohoXD123

I prefer S1 slightly for now, though episode 3 was on par/better than some episodes of S1. Yes, yes you should.

Edit: come to think of it, episode 2 was fantastic as well, and while episode 1 was good it was relatively weak in comparison, then again I thought the same about S1 episode 1. So yeah, I guess I'm enjoying S2 as much as S1, but S1 episode 5 will be very difficult to top.

mileS

Curious about this as well. There doesn't seem to be much talk about it. Part of me wants to wait until at least episode 4 is out. Or maybe all of them. I enjoyed going through the full package for the first season all at once. Not sure if the wait between episodes will diminish it in any way for me.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I've never added a steam wallet card to my account before; if I do it will I get a market timeout? That's really lame if so.

No. The market cooldown period only applies if you add funds using a payment method you hadn't previously used to purchase something from the store. As it's literally impossible to purchase something using Steam Wallet codes without having them added to your Steam Wallet, said codes do not impose a cooldown period.

Edit: I apologise if my phrasing comes off as condescending. I'm just being completely clear so as to leave no room for confusion/misunderstanding.

Quantum

I have really liked the 3/5 released so far, but nothing will compare to my first play through of season 1.

as good, maybe, but without a doubt its more of the same.

I think I liked 400 days the most for some reason o.0

Helmholtz

Curious about this as well. There doesn't seem to be much talk about it. Part of me wants to wait until at least episode 4 is out. Or maybe all of them. I enjoyed going through the full package for the first season all at once. Not sure if the wait between episodes will diminish it in any way for me.
I'm going to wait until the next sale when all of the episodes are out. By then there should be a consensus on whether it's worthwhile or not, and I'll be able to marathon all the episodes like I did the first time around. It will probably be a bit cheaper then too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom