• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
For anyone who has Bit.Trip Runner 2, I would not recommend the "Good Friends Character Pack". It's a piece of DLC, currently $1.01, that adds Machinarium's Josef, Spelunky Guy, Dr. Fetus (Meat Boy), Raz (Psychonauts), Quote (Cave Story), Atlas (Portal 2), and an invisible skin to make the game harder.

All of the characters in the main game have 8-10 costumes each, and I bought the DLC assuming the DLC characters would also have multiple costumes. Instead, they only have one costume each. I mean, they're all there and they have unique animations and it's cute and stuff, but they only have their base costumes. So I was a little surprised by that. The DLC didn't explicitly advertise that they would have multiple costumes, so it's obviously my error and I don't feel robbed or anything, but I'm just saying it's not super substantial and I wouldn't recommend it.

It could mean anything from some functions (menus?) needing a mouse to nothing. Most of the games I have with that tag are 100% controller compatible. I remember reading some strange reasoning for that being an option, but I can't recall what it was. But in most cases I wouldn't worry about it.
Dynasty Warriors 8 has a partial controller tag. Controllers fully work with it, at least a 360 pad does, but the button prompts cannot be changed from the keyboard ones.

Everyone's watching red vs purple, but the real fight is between blue and green.

Poor bastards. It's all about that Red life.

the_scout_does_the_monkey_by_k7vin-d5so138.gif

kiguel182

Bought Papers,Please. I've wanted to play it for awhile seems like a good choice.

Now I don't have a lot of card money to spend, sucks.

Soroc

Why would someone take fucking 500 points from the Blue Team. Fucking asshats!! What purpose does that serve!

<-- sore blue loser sitting in last place

Kadin

I love how Red gets lowered by like a 100 every now and then but right after, it quickly zooms right back up. It's like, "Yeah good try guys, not today."

Biochet

You can use the controller while playing the game, but have to use mouse to navigate the menus.

It could mean anything from some functions (menus?) needing a mouse to nothing. Most of the games I have with that tag are 100% controller compatible. I remember reading some strange reasoning for that being an option, but I can't recall what it was. But in most cases I wouldn't worry about it.

thanks brahs

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

That dead of a community? Oh, well.
The artstyle is georgous and the gameplay videos look very promising. Very unique title.

Bought.

What up gaf? Why no interest in EYE Divine? It has Sci-Fi, futuristic ninja swords, psi-weapons, rpg stuff, cyberpunk setting.

Let's all buy it
and not leave this looser alone in co-op ;_;

DarkFlow

Banned
As #TeamGreen I'm protesting TeamPurpleCheaters. That is why we are last, we don't condone this stage act of a contest. Fight the power brothers! #TeamGreen

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I don't know if I can really follow the Team breakdown any more, but it is nice seeing all these fun avatars being made for it.

Anyroad, for those that want EYE Divide Cybermancy I made a giveaway for it. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=840818&page=2
Beyond that, still several titles up for grab in the original big giveaway.

For Halo: Spartan Assault I must ask, is it worthwhile for someone who enjoys Twin Stick Shooters, but cares not for the Halo franchise at all? In otherwords, would I just be better served sticking with Ultratron and Ion Assault and eventually Nation Red?

For anyone who has Bit.Trip Runner 2, I would not recommend the "Good Friends Character Pack". It's a piece of DLC, currently $1.01, that adds Machinarium's Josef, Spelunky Guy, Dr. Fetus (Meat Boy), Raz (Psychonauts), Quote (Cave Story), Atlas (Portal 2), and an invisible skin to make the game harder.

All of the characters in the main game have 8-10 costumes each, and I bought the DLC assuming the DLC characters would also have multiple costumes. Instead, they only have one costume each. I mean, they're all there and they have unique animations and it's cute and stuff, but they only have their base costumes. So I was a little surprised by that. The DLC didn't explicitly advertise that they would have multiple costumes, so it's obviously my error and I don't feel robbed or anything, but I'm just saying it's not super substantial and I wouldn't recommend it.

I bought it as well. No regrets.

I regret buying 20 keys as I really didn't need to get much :/ Oh well, hopefully I'll find something for the other 11. No one seems to be offering Dragonfall for keys.

Papers Please is one of my favorite games from last year; so good. Risk of Rain is an artificially difficult and repetitive slog.
Can you describe what makes Papers Please so good? I confess that I look at the screenshots and read about it, but I'm not quite sure I understand what the game actually is.

derExperte

For Halo: Spartan Assault I must ask, is it worthwhile for someone who enjoys Twin Stick Shooters, but cares not for the Halo franchise at all? In otherwords, would I just be better served sticking with Ultratron and Ion Assault and eventually Nation Red?

Not a big Halo fan myself. You can skip the story stuff easily and run around shooting stuff which is fun enough. The pace is slower than in the games you mentioned though.

Onionkid

So, I've got Don't Starve, Risk of Rain, Papers, Please...and Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae in my cart. Does anyone want to talk me out of that last one?

Zeliard

Shadowrun Returns is a nice value for that price. Downsides are that the game is very linear and ultimately fairly shallow in terms of combat and character/world interactions, especially if you're used to typical CRPG fare, but it's still a charming game with some well-written descriptive prose and a fun setting. You could do a lot worse for $3.74.

Its DLC campaign Dragonfall, which I own from being a backer but haven't played yet, is by all accounts much stronger than the original campaign and is also on sale for $5.99. Paying just under $10 for both campaigns seems like a very good value, so I'd recommend it to anyone who enjoys RPGs. There is also a fairly notable modding community for the game, and it's tied to Steam Workshop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom