• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT| Day of Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtcn63

I used to have a crush on Tifa. Black hair of fragrant spiders, eyes of an angel condemned to a mortal mess. As a body, I'd picture her at my bedside, her abnormally round head on my left shoulder. The devils on my right didn't stand a chance.

Also doesn't her limit break involve a dolphin.

tE1ANCo.png
I'm so sorry, can you use this color:

BVs7P5N.png

~Kinggi~

Banned
Am I missing something here? Isn't the "30 random people get 3 games" the only real reward for the winning team, or is there something else? Just trying to understand why people are spending so much money on this.

give people a progress bar, and they irresponsibly try to fill it up. Sad state of affairs irl but Valve isnt beneath exploiting that shit to buy more Lambos

How to answer this without spoilers.. hmm. Well, to start with you actually have a proper cast of characters, fellow shadowrunners, who make up your team and have some depth to them. There's lots of great writing throughout the game really.

The setting is more developed too. Seattle in the original campaign felt a bit empty, while your home base in Dragonfall feels more alive and lived in. You might actually start caring about the NPC's problems in the area as you get to know them. Some of the little bits of storytelling in the campaign are top-notch, and just help you feel like Shadowrun's Berlin is a real place.

There's more illusion of choice too. It does that typical 'earn money to get the next main plot-point', giving you a host of missions to pick from and letting you do them in any order. Which I certainly appreciated.

Yeah, saving anywhere was patched in when Dragonfall came out. Did you pick Dragonfall up too?

Thank you for your thoughts - they will help me greatly.

Same to you, Zeliard.

Soroc

I did my part Blue.

I picked up

Master Reboot | Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs | Shadowrun Returns

and....

we are back in last place!

Am I missing something here? Isn't the "30 random people get 3 games" the only real reward for the winning team, or is there something else? Just trying to understand why people are spending so much money on this.
No, that's really the extent of it. It's entertaining to watch on the sidelines and see the winners and losers I guess, but actually participating in it isn't realistically worth much.

Soroc

My god blue got gashed. I know it was you damn greeenies!! Don't make me spend my hard earned cash gashing you!! I need it for games!!

*shakes fist

Damn you valve!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom